A Statement On Recent Events

Park

resizedimage.jpg

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Over the past day, Obelisk has had members leave over issues, Internal and Foreign. The way that these members left was unprofessional, they laid out Obelisk’s Internal affairs on the OWF for all to see, and made a mockery of the alliance they used to be a part of. On top of that, you also deleted our discord, for no reason other than to insult us on the way out. When they left, they also took half the bank, I want to clarify that it has been returned, and we thank them for doing so. We wish things could’ve worked out better. We wish them well wherever they decide to go.

First, to our former allies in The Commonwealth, we can’t help but feel unnerved. We thought going forward that we were friends, however, you abandoned us during our time of need. Shame on you Commonwealth. It wasn’t enough you took the members who had left with no notice to us and stole our bank, you then drop us without notice as well. On top of that, you planned it with the leaving Gov members for your own gain. If you knew they were upset, why didn’t you sit us down and try to help us work it out? You don’t deserve to be anyone’s ally.

To the Black Knights, the same to you, you left us after claiming that the Polaris treaty was fine with you, only after backlash did you retract. You also left us in our time of need, I’m not sure how anyone can be fine being your ally. However, we wish you well going forward.

Thank you to Rose and Polaris, our real friends, they stuck by us during this time, and we’ve come out on top because of it. We are a stronger, more united Obelisk. Thank you to everyone who has helped us during this time. We will come out stronger because of it.

Supreme Leader: Park

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Park

Minister of Internal Affairs: Ockey 5

Minister of Military Affairs: Master

Minister of Economics: Lank

Governor Of Internal Affairs:Haydentoo

Governor Of Foreign Affairs: Unlimited

Governor of Military Affairs: Xonera

Governor of Economics: Paston

Discord: https://discord.gg/CxGBkhB

• Upvote 3

o/Obelisk 

Best of luck you guys will work these stuffs out soon :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

This alliance must be tested

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Am I mistaken, or did you make a callout thread to denounce other people for making a callout thread?

this is a battle against  shits thread lolol :P

But anyway I seriously believe we need to calm down and let the baby obelisk grow :) 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

To the Black Knights....I’m not sure how anyone can be fine being your ally.

AidIHTz.png

Feel free to ask them.

• Upvote 3

Guest Curufinwe

To the Black Knights, the same to you, you left us after claiming that the Polaris treaty was fine with you, only after backlash did you retract. You also left us in our time of need, I’m not sure how anyone can be fine being your ally. However, we wish you well going forward.

Actually, to clarify, when we were informed of the Polaris treaty the day before it was due to be posted we told you that we have had issues with that side of the web in the past and that it might cause complications down the road. We weren't overly happy about it, but Obelisk is entitled to pursue its own FA and we respect its decisions. However, as I pointed out to you in private conversation, the main reason we signed Obelisk was because it comprised our former protectorate of Resplendent, the key figures of which elected to leave following various internal disputes. When that connection was severed, especially coming on the heels of a problematic treaty that was presented to us as a fait accompli, we felt it was best to end our agreement with what's left of your AA. That being said, we don't bear Obelisk any particular ill-will - we simply felt that our relationship was no longer sustainable given the questionable developments of the past few days.

Edited by Curufinwe

Actually, to clarify, when we were informed of the Polaris treaty the day before it was due to be posted we told you that we have had issues with that side of the web in the past and that it might cause complications down the road. We weren't overly happy about it, but Obelisk is entitled to pursue its own FA and we respect its decisions. However, as I pointed out to you in private conversation, the main reason we signed Obelisk was because it comprised our former protectorate of Resplendent, the key figures of which elected to leave following various internal disputes. When that connection was severed, especially coming on the heels of a problematic treaty that was presented to us as a fait accompli, we felt it was best to end our agreement with what's left of your AA. That being said, we don't bear Obelisk any particular ill-will - we simply felt that our relationship was no longer sustainable given the questionable developments of the past few days.

Tl;dr: Obelisk is about to get !@#$ing rolled

• Upvote 3
Lxr4VfE.png

I had best of luck written out, but I re-read and saw many things.

"a mockery of the alliance they used to be a part of" -- a shadow of what once was rather. More Resplendent members, more starting money from us and influence in general. We made the first move to merge and that was a mistake.

"It wasn’t enough you took the members who had left with no notice to us and stole our bank(should be redacted, as this was rectified)".

You knew we were unhappy. If you had listened to the pleads from most of the government (Turner mainly, but I too and others that agreed), were not so secretive from us (with very crucial decisions that were not made public even to the high gov before being made very shortly after with little to no reconciliation or time to reflect), didn't make such snap judgement on items from random sources (Syndisphere breaking up... what?). and continually conversing behind our backs about items in which you knew we would not see.

(https://imgur.com/gallery/tqUcU) None of the Resp side of government used slack very often so it was an effective form of talking away from us, I popped in once or twice but it was a very unnecessary form of comms to have. That slice of text was taken to show how they talked about us, and the argument in the third person showing a disconnect. Two of those nations were not in government but still knew about the arguments that went on, which I found to be interesting.

"We thought going forward that we were friends, however, you abandoned us during our time of need." 

As the wise Kalev60 said on this particular item:

The thing was we were okay with it as long as it still was the Obelisk we knew and loved, after most of our long-time friends left you, we felt like sharing a bed with a stranger so this happened all in blast of fury and state of surprise.

I hope this doesn't leave a lasting taste of shit/vomit in everyone's mouths that were involved and we can get to know each other little better in the future.

"To the Black Knights, the same to you, you left us after claiming that the Polaris treaty was fine with you" Who did you think told them? Would have been me, but I didn't talk with them about it because you went along with it over night. Who told you they'd be ok with it? We said that they would 100% not like it and we predicted them dropping us... what you mean man.

"You also left us in our time of need." - A time of need? I see many of the founding fathers leaving with a stale taste in their mouths, as we walk away from a very different alliance. It was a smart way to grow Obsidian and I applaud you for taking this to an advantage. Maybe I should have been in the council instead, you would not have gotten away with a lot of your antics.

I don't think you deserved a warning looking back, seeing as to how quick you turned our attitude around on us. "I hope we can work together in the future" to "fug u" real quick.

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Disclaimer: only speaking for me not my AA

You guys are entitled to your opinions and your FA and I do wish you guys luck but to be fair you guys did sign an AA we've had issues with in the past and the internal issues were also problematic. An AA can be tolerate of some things and even work with it but there are times when it has to let something's go.

Again, wish you luck with future endeavors

Nerd To The Core

Disclaimer: only speaking for me not my AA

You guys are entitled to your opinions and your FA and I do wish you guys luck but to be fair you guys did sign an AA we've had issues with in the past and the internal issues were also problematic. An AA can be tolerate of some things and even work with it but there are times when it has to let something's go.

Again, wish you luck with future endeavors

"Best of luck in losing half of your membership after the good ole curbstomp" Edited by Jacob Moore
  • Upvote 2
Lxr4VfE.png

I don't know every detail of what went on but I think the more you drag it out in public, the worse you'll come out looking. Resplendent was a good alliance and it was a tragedy when they merged with you.

• Upvote 5