August

Using Recruitment Bots  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Is Recruitment Bots ethical?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I'm a member of the HBE or any other alliance that uses recruitment bots

I'd say it's not a particularly friendly or personal method of recruiting, but wouldn't say it was unethical.

Not like it's difficult to put in time to message individuals anyway - that way you also see (and know) who you're inviting at least.

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

View Message

Here you can see the conversation of messages between your nation and your correspondent. Up to 45 messages can be displayed at once.

â°â° Back to Inbox

Subject: Greetings from Britannia!

From: hadesflames Date: 10/16/2016 Sunday 3:16 pm Block Communications

*shrugs*

Still, UPN bot took a day to recruit me

From: hadesflames Date: 10/16/2016 Sunday 3:09 pm Block Communications

Dude, bot.

Dude that was fast

From: hadesflames Date: 10/16/2016 Sunday 12:31 pm Block Communications

Hello Greatkitteh,

I noticed you recently left your alliance, and decided I might try and sway you to join the Holy Britannian Empire. Now you might ask, why should you join HBE? Well, we care. While many alliances would send you some standard message they have from some recruiter, we spent the time to personally handcraft this message just for you. Some alliances would even just have a bot send you some automated message. But not us, because we care about {$user.nation}. That's why we don't use automated messages.

So, consider joining us today, because we care.

-hades, Emperor of Britannia

//:: This was an automated message from Britannia :://

• Upvote 3

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

From: hadesflames Date: 10/16/2016 Sunday 12:31 pm Block Communications

But not us, because we care about {$user.nation}. That's why we don't use automated messages.

So, consider joining us today, because we care.

-hades, Emperor of Britannia

//:: This was an automated message from Britannia :://

Did it actually come up as {$user.nation} or did you swap that in knowing what they used? That would be pretty hilarious if it didn't work :P

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

And lol at the fact that it said it was an automated message, a few lines after 'Some alliances would even have a bot send you some automated message, but not us'

• Upvote 4

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Market bots should be legal too.

Why stop with market bots? Why not just automate every facet of this game and then we can all leave? 

• Upvote 4

Guest Frawley

Why stop with market bots? Why not just automate every facet of this game and then we can all leave?

I'd argue that people actively competing against each, either through better code or attempting to exploit each other's algorithms is playing the game.

Voted for all bc I could.

No problem with them - If you're an alliance thank likes an endless list of applicants that will never sign on to the game again, cool. 

I'd argue that people actively competing against each, either through better code or attempting to exploit each other's algorithms is playing the game.

Widen your gaze, Frawley.

A game like this would narrow the target audience of our genre even further.

...this message has to be satire, because if it is trying to be a joke it is pretty funny.

I actually think Hades' message is hilarious.

10/10 would let HBE recruit me if I were allianceless.

I think of it as admirably ironic.

Good to see that at least some people in this thread understand satire lol.

• Upvote 2

gkt70Td.png

While very annoying and ''cheap'' (in the sense that it's a mere automated message), I wouldn't say that they are unethical.

...except when/if it reaches the NS shenanigans of 4+ invites upon starting, or being invited while you're in an alliance because of registered inactivity.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif