Brown Pants Agency Surrender Treaty

Avruch

When your play style is to not play the war part of the game and expect to be left alone to acquire endless monies, you're going to have a bad time.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

What Pre said is true.

If you want to maintain good standing, must have an active leadership with the community that is well spoken with other players.  Communication goes a long way to stalling or even outright preventing a rolling.

Also, if you're going to remain neutral and treatyless - at least learn something with the war module.  You're only responsible for yourselves.

Not entirely sure how the terms are harsh.  100m is easy for an alliance as developed as GPA.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't have thought GPA would have accepted such terms but I suppose when you beat them up enough they'll start accepting anything... ummm, perhaps the Rozalia Protection Agency will be a reality some day. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't have thought GPA would have accepted such terms but I suppose when you beat them up enough they'll start accepting anything... ummm, perhaps the Rozalia Protection Agency will be a reality some day. 

What's wrong with the terms?

• Downvote 1

These terms are !@#$ed up and even though I don't approve of neutrality these terms are way too harsh for an alliance that you guys attacked and easily rolled. It's not like they even thought of hitting you. I know Mensa is a war alliance and conquest and such but this is way too much.

Your alliance forced another to cancel all its treaties as peace terms... Shut up...

• Upvote 1

Oooh my turn to post and feel important.

First, our surrender was better.

Second, the terms aren't harsh they're just... Long. Also GPA could just rebrand and be free of the terms. All terms are bound to the alliance GPA. What made GPA GPA has mostly left.

Third, to the guy complaint that Mensa ruined a part of the game and was silly enough to spend 100-150 bucks. The problem is GPA lacks true leadership. To be neutral and safe you need some savvy, active, charismatic leadership. If you guys were run by liked members of the community, or at least respected political figures you would be a much more secure alliance. Also they did little to prep you for a fight other than "have lots of resources and units". A big dick is great and all, but if you're Rubbish in the sack it doesn't matter.

Fourth, our surrender was better.

First, of course.

Second, the terms are bullshit at every level.  They are "you'll bring us your cookies every time your mom packs them in your lunch bag and thank us for taking them or we'll beat you up again" lame.  If GPA rebranded, Mensa would just come after them again anyway, pointing out (correctly) that it's just a dodge to get out of terms.

Third, a bit late to be discussing player retention--though shit like this isn't helpful to what was a growing game (yes, games like this need "farmers" too, many of them are paying customers).  Even if GPA had excellent leadership, they would have still gotten smashed, it would have just taken a bit more effort.  The outcome of this fight was determined the moment war was declared.

Fourth, ditto one.

Nah, this was an eye roller.  Let's move on.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

Whelp, still here. Mistakes were made, membership cut by half and rankings down to 19 and blood was shed (mostly ours), but we're still here.

Lessons were learned hopefully.

Gpa received their annual cleanup, 53 of its previous members confirmed to be just dead weight, and it gets to play its neutrality for another year until they become first again. Stop treating them like they are innocent, they fully knew the consequences of their actions and they accepted it as fate. 

When Oberstein told me that breaking neutrality was going to lead the alliance into more wars, he was right, the difference being, the fewer wars neutrality affords you are also more destructive, and you fail to build up a core of active nations and experienced warfighters that can actually carry you to victory.

Let's not forget this was a 1v1, and with the player base, money, and sheer pixel power from having a bazillion cities, GPA should have shrugged it off. It didn't, time to ask yourself some questions and stop acting like the victim.

You're right on most counts, but I would like to point out it wasn't exactly 1vs1, since there was also attacks from Arrgh, Roz Wei, Terminus Est and Storm Division.

We got our asses kicked, but give us the credit for at least going against a small coalition, which I don't think other alliances could handle any better.

Edited by Orraine
  • Upvote 1

Whelp, still here. Mistakes were made, membership cut by half and rankings down to 19 and blood was shed (mostly ours), but we're still here.

Lessons were learned hopefully.

You're right on most counts, but I would like to point out it wasn't exactly 1vs1, since there was also attacks from Arrgh, Roz Wei, Terminus Est and Storm Division.

We got our asses kicked, but give us the credit for at least going against a small coalition, which I don't think other alliances could handle any better.

We never asked for them to come in. I was actually a bit annoyed by it. 

As for the terms, we wanted GPA to switch colors off of Green (to increase spawn rates for treasures for Mensa/t$, and just for pride). They refused that term and offered to give us their treasures instead. I was absent for most of the negotiations, but that is what it was on my end. Doesn't help TEst already had invoked one of the cosmetic changes that I had been thinking about. 

People like to point out the War part of the name while ignoring the Politics part.   If you have a problem with someone here the norm is to declare, same with if you get bored.   Games last longer if the new players are allowed to thrive rather than having the choice of joining a big alliance and getting crushed in a major war or joining a small alliance and getting raided constantly.   At least on Bob they had the option of going red and being under NPO's protection (yeah they changed their mind a few years after but it was still a safer color to be).

Also wanted to ask when has it been a bad thing to do well?   All this talk of the wars being because of GPA's being #1 makes me wonder if people are being insecure about something.

Lastly, Grillick was too hawkish for my taste but at least he was big on aggressively hitting back.   In any game if you don't want to be attacked, then give the attackers a black eye and a bloody nose.

We never asked for them to come in. I was actually a bit annoyed by it. 

As for the terms, we wanted GPA to switch colors off of Green (to increase spawn rates for treasures for Mensa/t$, and just for pride). They refused that term and offered to give us their treasures instead. I was absent for most of the negotiations, but that is what it was on my end. Doesn't help TEst already had invoked one of the cosmetic changes that I had been thinking about. 

Sooo.... what I'm getting is that MENSA did the heavy lifting, but other people benefited, at least for the flag.

At least the colour change thing wasn't part of the terms. The GPA would then become the HRE of alliances, since it's name wouldn't make any sense.

Sooo.... what I'm getting is that MENSA did the heavy lifting, but other people benefited, at least for the flag.

At least the colour change thing wasn't part of the terms. The GPA would then become the HRE of alliances, since it's name wouldn't make any sense.

They could have been on Lime Green, it wouldn't have been a horrible name. VE is on Lime Green. 

People like to point out the War part of the name while ignoring the Politics part.

What started Pixelgeddon was that Nuclear Knights gave GPA the chance to use the ''politics'' part. Instead, GPA chose the ''war'' part.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

....excuse me?

I wish this forum let you make a quote pyramid, so this is aimed at both Orraine and Pref. 

I said that we didn't really want others to join, and that you guys took a good surrender term off the table by getting there first. I did not say we did everything ourselves. 

Only a moron would not notice the beatdown you guys delivered to the whales. 

Edited by Vanek26
  • Upvote 1

Shit.

*Ahem*

"THE NEW FLAG IS QUITE LOVELY, WE GOT EQUALLY BEAT UP BY EVERYONE, PRAISE DIO!"

This actually made me chuckle. Why not try joining an actual alliance instead?  Neutrality is boring https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=1584

• Upvote 3

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

This actually made me chuckle. Why not try joining an actual alliance instead?  Neutrality is boring https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=1584

Thanks!

they're down to 53 members...

That being said, since we're now down to 44  members and might go through reforms to not be the same reviled pixel farmers, I'll remember and appreciate the offer, but stay for now.

Being a big green blob isn't exciting, but being part of a much smaller alliance composed of the stubborn might be more interesting than just throwing in the towel for the GPA.

Or at least, stay until things have stabilized. It's much more fun to end saying "Bye guys, it was fun but I want to try something new", than "Alright, you gave me money, but now that things have turned I'm doing like Italy and getting the hell out of dodge".

Thanks!

That being said, since we're now down to 44  members and might go through reforms to not be the same reviled pixel farmers, I'll remember and appreciate the offer, but stay for now.

Being a big green blob isn't exciting, but being part of a much smaller alliance composed of the stubborn might be more interesting than just throwing in the towel for the GPA.

Or at least, stay until things have stabilized. It's much more fun to end saying "Bye guys, it was fun but I want to try something new", than "Alright, you gave me money, but now that things have turned I'm doing like Italy and getting the hell out of dodge".

You have 9 people on vacation mode, which aren't counted in the alliance members.

Funny thing is you guys don't even participate in the politics either.

Noooooo dont mention that! Do you want a speach about GPA internal politics? Cause thats how you Get a speach about GPA internal politics....

Ole2.png

Funny thing is you guys don't even participate in the politics either.

I'm in Cornerstone who has treaties with several alliances and are definitely not neutral.   Last I heard GPA has rules about posting in OWF so I'm here on behalf of my old alliance.