Poll about treaty web.

Prefontaine

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should the web include protectorates

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but I'm only voting yes because I know it's tedious for you.
    • Yes, but I'm only voting yes because I like the web to look cluttered.

I was about  to do this, but I figured I should gauge public opinion. I don't think the web needs protectorates. Lots of times shit doesn't even get announced for when they start/end. 

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

The purpose of the treaty web is to see who is tied to whom.

Given that protectorates often go to war for their protectors in the event of global warfare, those treaties are arguably relevant to the web.

If we're going to use the argument that it's too tedious or 'why bother', then maybe we should be looking at expanding who can edit/add/delete from the web or removing the web entirely.

The best solution to reduce clutter would probably be to allow each type of treaty to be toggled on and off. But absent that keeping protectorate agreements on it is probably better than removing them since the web is still readable.

Yes, but I'm only voting yes because I know it's tedious for you. 

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

The best solution to reduce clutter would probably be to allow each type of treaty to be toggled on and off. But absent that keeping protectorate agreements on it is probably better than removing them since the web is still readable.

I'm going to work on pushing an update this week to make the score sizing live, I'll do this at the same time

• Upvote 3
T7Vrilp.png

I'm going to work on pushing an update this week to make the score sizing live, I'll do this at the same time

You need to work less on that gross web and more on our secret plans....

Ole2.png

The problem with protectorates is that they rarely get posted when they end, or are with alliances that fade away into nothingness in a few weeks/months. I'm going to say less than half the protectorates I get told about last in any relevance more than a month.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

8PFf48z.png

:^)

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Wait, this doesn't already exist? Then why are the flags different sizes?

Or do you mean you've been doing it manually all this time?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Protectorates are just as important of a pact as any other. 

Removing them from the treaty web is a terrible idea if you actually want it to reflect the actual political web as it currently is.

XLL3z4T.gif

Protectorates are just as important of a pact as any other. 

Removing them from the treaty web is a terrible idea if you actually want it to reflect the actual political web as it currently is.

#Protecteesarepeopletoo

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

Yes, but only when the protectorate signs other treaties. It's much easier to miss a protectorate amongst other treaties on an alliance page, but when it's alone, it's pretty clear.

Edit: As an aside protectorates signing other treaties is dumb.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

BRB, creating an alliance then asking for Protectorate status.

Then a month later, create another one.

Then another.

Till I drive Prefontaine mad.

Teutonic order protects Buohhahn.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

BRB, creating an alliance then asking for Protectorate status.

Then a month later, create another one.

Then another.

Till I drive Prefontaine mad.

Changing your name to pyrostat?

• Upvote 1

Considering I count all the yes, but just to annoy me votes as half a no. The no's have it. Protectorates will be removed sometime in the next few whenever I feel like its.

scSqPGJ.gif

The problem with protectorates is that they rarely get posted when they end, or are with alliances that fade away into nothingness in a few weeks/months. I'm going to say less than half the protectorates I get told about last in any relevance more than a month.

You'd be punishing other protectorates that actually do manage to make it.

Considering I count all the yes, but just to annoy me votes as half a no. The no's have it. Protectorates will be removed sometime in the next few whenever I feel like its.

Sounds like the plan was to do whatever you wanted all along and try to justify it with a rigged poll to make it look like you wanted the community to decide. Well done.

Edited by hadesflames
  • Upvote 1

gkt70Td.png