Someone Explain This

Aksel

You could make a micro and start raiding, if you want.

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Orbis Vs. GPA anyone? I bet that'll satisfy Mad Max.

I think it would be bad ass if GPA dropped their neutrality to have a little fun. I love GPA and stuff, I liked being with you guys for that week and I have the respect for you - but doesn't it get boring up there?

Hasn't even been 3 months since the end of the last war

It has been long enough. We need a war to break ties. There has been more politicking in the past three months.....uncalled for, blood must flow.

This is why I am leading the reform in how the treaty ties should work. I want to crack down on mega-diplomatic ties tp encourage blood flowing and it is all because of t$ fault. T$ is like constrictor and they hisses their tongue out. We must put this stalemate to end to make Orbis great again!

• Upvote 1

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

This is why I am leading the reform in how the treaty ties should work. I want to crack down on mega-diplomatic ties tp encourage blood flowing and it is all because of t$ fault. T$ is like constrictor and they hisses their tongue out. We must put this stalemate to end to make Orbis great again!

Isn't TS a bunch of shit?

Honestly it is the fault of the new alliances as well as the dino alliances - just look at the treaty web. Everyone is connected.

Meh, I enjoy the silence. It's all fun and games being FA for a neutral alliance until you reach the top... and right before exams too, how convenient.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

>vacation mode

• Downvote 1

To actually answer at least part of the question, it comes down to security. For those of us outside the top 10-20 alliances (and in our case, quite a bit outside), we have quite a different way of thinking when it comes to signing treaties. I obviously cant speak for everyone, but to be honest, if you aren't thinking this way you're asking to get yourself rolled. The main drivers for our treaty signings have been, firstly, do we like the alliance and its people? We don't really sign treaties for solely political reasons. If we don't like you, most likely we won't sign a treaty with you. Second, and possibly the answer you are looking for, does this treaty give us some protection against being rolled for being tied to someone? This is what leads to smaller alliances having treaty diversification. Speaking from experience, it is no fun to have your alliance, or your bloc as it were, get wrecked by a group of alliances that are much more powerful, just to get at one of your bloc's allies because they want the treaty ties to fall in a certain way. So alliances at our size sign treaties into as many of the major power spheres as possible to avoid being targeted for being tied to any one specifically. You can see this plainly with the recent treaties signed by NPO, so I know it's not just us that think this way.

Now, to dig into the reasoning behind why such a shift would be happening, it's simple. The influx of alliances and players from that other game is causing those players/alliances to bring over experiences and knowledge from there. That's not to say that necessarily alliances would bring over the specific politics from there (this alliance hates that alliance, etc), although they may, it's more to say that people learned to operate a certain way over there to futher their goals and their gameplay, and those learnings are becoming the way things are in this game. Is it "correct" or "hurting the game"? I don't really know. I will say though that people point to the "stagnating political situation" there as why that game is losing members, but the reality is that game is losing members due to a failure to update the game in any meaningful fashion for several years, so "regular players" (ie. people who don't really log onto these forums, people who login, click button as told, and log off, the foot soldiers if you will) left the game when it got boring. That lead to people who enjoyed leading people, and who suddenly had no people to lead leaving as well, which is what finally lead to the political situation that exists there. Thankfully Sheepy keeps adding features to this game and keeping it fresh, while trying to pull new players in, because new players are really the lifeblood of any political game like this. They infuse new ideas and new paradigms into the way the politics operate, and they will be the ones to correct whatever perceived "situation" we're in right now.

tl;dr because that got longer than I expected: New players caused the web to look like this. Newer players than them will be the ones to make it look different.

• Upvote 1

Hasn't even been 3 months since the end of the last war

Yeah, isn't about time for you guys to hit tS again?

Edited by Critters

image.jpg1_zpszukhjtut.jpg

The Redneck Caliphate of Forrest's Critters

GPA.

Nah, they have a NAP with every single alliance in the game. I mean why else are they not being rolled? They have tons of resources waiting to be looted and aren't great fighters by any means.

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

nobody wants to be arrgh because look what happened to them. you all say you want war out of one mouth and then you smash anybody who tries to do it. none of you are interested in spending political capital because all of your members are interested in growing forever and ever and trying to win the game years and years from now. i try to point this out and tell you to make the game not designed like that and you all hate me for it. it's literally your fault. if we could go a single week without someone complaining about the game that they actively create it would be fantastic. idiots.

CF only has one treaty. Bow before us

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

nobody wants to be arrgh because look what happened to them. you all say you want war out of one mouth and then you smash anybody who tries to do it. none of you are interested in spending political capital because all of your members are interested in growing forever and ever and trying to win the game years and years from now. i try to point this out and tell you to make the game not designed like that and you all hate me for it. it's literally your fault. if we could go a single week without someone complaining about the game that they actively create it would be fantastic. idiots.

Wait, so you're actually saying that nations and alliances in PW are actually behaving like nations and alliances in real life?! Isn't that mission accomplished then, considering that this is a political sim game.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov