7/31/2015 - August Donations

Alex

• Administrators

Just a quick update on what's changing for the coming month in terms of Donations.

First, I've dropped the price of Credits. They're now $5 instead of $6, with better deals for buying multiple credits. 2 Credits is now $9 (instead of $12.50) and 3 Credits is $13.50 (instead of $17) and so forth. You can visit the Donate page to see the new prices.

I've also increased your buying options. Previously you could buy Credits in packs of 1, 3, 6, or 12. Now you can be them in packs of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 12. That should help accommodate purchases to your (the player's) needs.

I've increased the monthly credit redemption limit from 6 to 8. That means you could redeem credits for up to $8,000,000 a month, instead of $6,000,000. The price is comparable as well, previously 6 credits was $33.50, now 8 credits is $36.00. (And you get $2,000,000 more). The game's economy is inflating due to growth, and so I'm increasing the donation cap to keep pace with it and make donations still worthwhile.

Lastly, I've added a little Donation quiz that you can take to earn $75,000 for your nation. I'm hoping it will help spread correct information about how the system works, and encourage more players to actually buy credits. It's aimed at younger players, but anyone who wants $75K (and the little notification to go away) can watch the video and do the quiz.

Oh, and the monthly limit is reset. We're ready to move into August.

Thanks everyone!

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Cool! Should help increase revenue and the number of credits that are bought!

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

LOL the day after I purchased 6 credits.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Didn't even have to watch the video and got all answers correct. Bad ass status.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

• Administrators

Aced the !@#$ out of that quiz on 1st try :ph34r:

Also... if the economy is inflating, why not just increase the credit's cash redeem?

I considered it, but I wanted to try increasing the cap instead. It'll make more credits available on the market, and hopefully let more people have some of the cosmetic stuff.

Sheepy, I didn't see the answer for 5. It should be "A few hours before the 1st of every month."  :P

This month it's actually a few hours before (server time) ;)

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Assuming what you were looking at was a script, if not your monitor, I would suggest putting it under your camera so you don't get awkward periods of switching your eyesight back and forth.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

So essentially you lowered the price of credits and raised the ability to use them in a pay to win situation.

Now far be it from me to tell you that you do not deserve to make money from your hard work, but I can't help but think that there may be better options with regards to monetization that don't bastardize the integrity of the average users experience.

I think cosmetic options and the VIP subscription service are interesting ways to do this, and I can't help but wonder if those things alone don't cover the costs you're looking to cover.

At the end of the day, it's your game, but I think the overall health of the game will be diminished by allowing the influence of money to play a factor in gameplay.

• Upvote 1

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

If I were to buy 12, could I sell all 12 on the market?

https://politicsandwar.com/donate/--> Nation Bonus:

"The nation bonus is limited to 8 credits per nation per month if you have not sold any credits on the market. Credits sold on the market count toward this limit."

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

So essentially you lowered the price of credits and raised the ability to use them in a pay to win situation.

Now far be it from me to tell you that you do not deserve to make money from your hard work, but I can't help but think that there may be better options with regards to monetization that don't bastardize the integrity of the average users experience.

I think cosmetic options and the VIP subscription service are interesting ways to do this, and I can't help but wonder if those things alone don't cover the costs you're looking to cover.

At the end of the day, it's your game, but I think the overall health of the game will be diminished by allowing the influence of money to play a factor in gameplay.

A member of the syndicate against the enlargement of the credit market? For shame

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

• Administrators

Assuming what you were looking at was a script, if not your monitor, I would suggest putting it under your camera so you don't get awkward periods of switching your eyesight back and forth.

That's exactly what I did, actually. I had written the transcript on Microsoft Word, and read it off to my webcam (mounted on the top of my monitor).

I though this was a survey. Struggling with the quiz. Aah this quiz, I don't want that $75,000 anymore my brain Got the money, took me like 20 try.

Did you watch the video (or read the transcript)? :P

If I were to buy 12, could I sell all 12 on the market?

No. Kurdanak answered your question correctly. You're limited to selling/redeeming 8 per month. You could buy 12, sell 8, and then use the other 4 on cosmetic bonuses, though.

On the contrary, I believe I made credits more affordable to the everyday player, and increased the supply of them on the market (which should decrease how much they're sold for, bringing them closer to the intended $1,000,000 value). More credits available, for cheaper, also means that more players will have an opportunity to get cosmetic bonuses for their nations such as VIP, custom flags, etc.

And to answer your thought - sadly, no, not very many people get the cosmetic stuff compared to things like the cash bonus. I wish that every player was a VIP player, and that people bought more custom flags and things, but sadly, there's just not the same appeal. I'm hoping that reducing prices will entice more people to buy that stuff.

Forums Rules | Game Link

What a weird quiz, kept telling me something was wrong and I kept putting the same answers until it said I was correct.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Can we use Google Wallet, Amazon, or Bitcoin yet?

They don't offer the same automation support that paypal does. Besides, you're really just using a credit card (except for maybe Bitcoin, and I can't pay for hosting with bitcoins anyway) and PayPal offers the same consumer protection of your card # and whatnot that the others do.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic