7/7/2015 - Exploit Situation

Alex

Ghost also admitted to funneling nearly $500m in value to VE. That was totally unconnected, at least in the logs, to any plan to "infiltrate" VE. Maybe Ghost was intending to manipulate alliances by pumping up VE, but if you are going to cite some of his admissions as credible you can't on the other hand totally dismiss those that suggest VE was the primary beneficiary of the exploit. 

• Upvote 1

I blame it on all the gangster rap.

Ghost probably just needs a woopin. Maybe he'd pull up hem saggy pants and quit trying to hack nation sims.

• Upvote 2

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Ghost also admitted to funneling nearly $500m in value to VE. That was totally unconnected, at least in the logs, to any plan to "infiltrate" VE. Maybe Ghost was intending to manipulate alliances by pumping up VE, but if you are going to cite some of his admissions as credible you can't on the other hand totally dismiss those that suggest VE was the primary beneficiary of the exploit.

I don't think any of his admission are credible to be honest, but better safe then sorry with this stuff. Sheepy said himself, talk Ghost's talk with a grain of salt. But, it's like a cancer, don't take risks, just cut it out. 

Here is Sheepy's comment on our end of the situation, if anyone is wondering. It really didn't have a big impact on us.

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7264-772015-exploit-situation/?p=117099

Edited by Impero

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

So from what I gather someone gets their daily income increased to crazy levels to make loads of money, and then they buy stuff on the market at high prices to funnel the money "discretely" to people. Correct? Can Sheepy not track nation's income ala revenue log to counter this, or is the problem actual straight up spawning of money in a nation?

So from what I gather someone gets their daily income increased to crazy levels to make loads of money, and then they buy stuff on the market at high prices to funnel the money "discretely" to people. Correct? Can Sheepy not track nation's income ala revenue log to counter this, or is the problem actual straight up spawning of money in a nation?

There was both.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Anybody, I repeat, anybody, involved in this ought to have their nation reset. Whether the received the money or sent it, they need to be banned. If alliances have received over 400 mil, than they deserve to be reset. If alliances leaders see anything suspicious, it is their responsibility to report it, and not use the money. This kind of cheat is what ruins a game. When a game is dominated by godlike players with unlimited cash and resources, the game is not worth playing anymore. Anybody, player or alliance, involved in this exploit ought to be removed and/or banned without question. If people/alliances get away with this, they will not hesitate to use it again. This is the kind of thing that ruins a game, and I don't want to see it happen to this game. Even if you didn't use it, if you knew about it, than you definitely deserve to be banned.

Edited by Hugo
  • Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

In the same way that everyone knew something was up with Last...

And in the same way that countless of nations that benefited from the various sweetheart deals made by the nations who cheated.

Yes, they probably gained an advantage. But let's not lose perspective that they far from the only ones.

True. All I'm saying is that a lot of super growth cases are with terradoxia due to last's free money pumping into the bank via taxes/donations titled "Growth Program"

dpluao815a3.png

I'll post this here.

I've been receiving some information about various accusations, claims, etc

First, to those sharing in hopes of getting this exploit wrapped up so the game can recover, thank you.

Second, while I may not be responding to each accusation individually, I'm doing my best to look into everything.

Third, let's not have this thread turn into a flame war. In fact, I'd like it if accusations, claims, logs, etc instead of being posted here were posted via PM. You can message me here on the forums, or even on IRC (as long as my bnc stays connected). 

• Upvote 6

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Whats the point of snaking out your mates?

Because they aren't your mates. They are people on a browser game cheating to gain an advantage. If you don't rat them out, then you aren't much more than a useful idiot, as far as I'm concerned. Either that, or a beneficiary/directly involved. Which one are you?

Edited by Estelle
  • Upvote 3

Because they aren't your mates. They are people on a browser game cheating to gain an advantage. If you don't rat them out, then you aren't much more than a useful idiot, as far as I'm concerned. Either that, or a beneficiary/directly involved. Which one are you?

I agree with Estelle...

-signature removed for rules violation-

I agree with Estelle...

Me too, hear, hear.

A sad situation but we'll done to those calling the cheats out- and very much well done to Sheepy, you're obviously working very hard to solve the problem, with a commendably calm attitude too.

• Upvote 1

Yes but the money we could gain by raiding these people would be the money obtained through the exploitation.

Doubtful sheep would take it away.  The fun and honor gained would not be removed in any case.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Thanks for not rolling us all back a few months.

Terradoxia is quite distraught to discover that we have had a cheater in our high government without even knowing about it. :|

I hope that justice will be done to the cheaters who are still undercover atm.

• Upvote 2

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg