7/7/2015 - Exploit Situation

Alex

Tiggera was on the receiving end of a lot of that stuff, but surely you knew that :P I happen to agree with this decision, and I hope we can get everyone. I'm pretty dang sure some alliance leaders that will remained unnamed very much did have a part in this, and so I would really recommend going after alliances that benefited from this a lot. 

Also, people who know Last well seem to think Pol Pot may have been his multi... And considering the people who he helped, I wouldn't be surprised.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

• Administrators

So 400 mil wasn't funneled to VE?

I do believe that some amount of money was funneled to VE, and other alliances, through the trade system. Like I said, the cheating nations would spawn in money and then buy offers from nations in certain alliances at higher-than-normal rates to get them extra cash.

I think $400,000,000 is probably a very high estimation, put out by those that abused the exploit. You also have to keep in mind that no matter what "amount" was truly sent to VE or any other alliance was traded for resources, which hold value. So even if VE did receive $400,000,000, that might've been in exchange for resources valued at $300,000,000; etc. The people who did this exploit want to see the game ruined, and are going to insist that massive, massive amounts of money were spawned into the game. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This post gives me hope for the future of the game. 

Hopefully you two working together can solve this. A lot of damage has been done already and it's not possible to completely correct this (outside of a reset), but if you can squash the exploit and ban as many people who were involved as possible I will be pretty happy.

Edited by Godfrey

Unfortunately by the sound of it there are still people who can profit from this. The exploit has not been found. Until such time as it is found and patched, people are literally wasting time playing the game with any seriousness. And even if it is eventually found, the exploited cash/resources will continue to benefit some players above others. 

• Upvote 2

I'm glad to see the move of second admin.

I do dare to say that I am a bit disheartened and I don't have that weird pull to be excited about playing this game at this current time. I'm in agreement with PB - that until the exploit is found, in totality, and corrected, the game is a waste of time to play - as those exploiting and those that exploited are still benefiting.

I wish Sheepy and Malone luck - none the less.

• Upvote 1

Given time, as long as the exploit is removed and the cheaters banned, the game will correct itself politically and economically. The money spawned in will eventually not amount to much anymore, and with the light of truth those associates of the cheaters will be shunned. While it can't take away the damage already done, or the effects from it in the medium term, it's important that the community not panic as it's not the end of the world as long as the exploit is solved.

Look at what happened when abbas et. al. did a similar thing. It pissed people off for a couple of weeks, but nothing screwed up anything too bad. Yes, this was pre-reset, but still. This won't do much to effect the overall game in a few weeks anyway. And all those involved will be SHUNNED. 

Unfortunately by the sound of it there are still people who can profit from this. The exploit has not been found. Until such time as it is found and patched, people are literally wasting time playing the game with any seriousness. And even if it is eventually found, the exploited cash/resources will continue to benefit some players above others. 

>implying people take this game seriously regardless

Edited by saeton
  • Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

• Administrators

I'm glad to see the move of second admin.

I do dare to say that I am a bit disheartened and I don't have that weird pull to be excited about playing this game at this current time. I'm in agreement with PB - that until the exploit is found, in totality, and corrected, the game is a waste of time to play - as those exploiting and those that exploited are still benefiting.

I wish Sheepy and Malone luck - none the less.

To address you both:

From what I know, Sith is the one who knows how the exploit works. I'm not sure that anyone else actually knows how it works or can do it themselves. I believe this is the reason that I have been unable to find out what exactly the exploit, is because they've kept it under very tight wraps.

That said, (in theory) the next time they attempt to use the exploit we should be obvious and we should be able to catch it almost immediately. I was actually very optimistic about finding and fixing the exploit myself within the next few days, but there was suddenly a drop in activity from the cheaters. It was a waiting game until the post alerting the community was made. That doesn't change the fact that we're more prepared than we've ever been in finding and fixing this issue, so I do believe there's reason to be optimistic. Also, anyone spawning in any large amount of money at this point is going to be painfully obvious, with the whole community on watch.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So now Malone really has become a Judge.

Glad to see that you are working on this and that you've brought Malone on board, hoping this gets resolved relatively quickly and all involved are found and punished.

• Upvote 5

uHQTKq6.png

• Administrators

Given time, as long as the exploit is removed and the cheaters banned, the game will correct itself politically and economically. The money spawned in will eventually not amount to much anymore, and with the light of truth those associates of the cheaters will be shunned. While it can't take away the damage already done, or the effects from it in the medium term, it's important that the community not panic as it's not the end of the world as long as the exploit is solved.

I believe this is exactly the correct attitude. The effects of this exploit will be apparent, but will become less and less significant as time passes.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think Sheepy has found a way to track it now. 

I do believe that some amount of money was funneled to VE, and other alliances, through the trade system. Like I said, the cheating nations would spawn in money and then buy offers from nations in certain alliances at higher-than-normal rates to get them extra cash.

I think $400,000,000 is probably a very high estimation, put out by those that abused the exploit. You also have to keep in mind that no matter what "amount" was truly sent to VE or any other alliance was traded for resources, which hold value. So even if VE did receive $400,000,000, that might've been in exchange for resources valued at $300,000,000; etc. The people who did this exploit want to see the game ruined, and are going to insist that massive, massive amounts of money were spawned into the game. Take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

So no money spawned in directly? That's a big deal :P

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Good to see this. As long as people continue to give a !@#$ like today, all things will pass.

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

Well if sheepy can track the cash and spot the exploits when they happen and is confident that the exploit isn't game breaking, then there shouldn't be a need to limit credit purchases anymore, right?

Edited by Princess Bubblegum