Remove Navy Based on World Location

Dwemyrn

I always thought it was weird how we have ships when some of us are nowhere near water to use a dry dock and that's why kind of propose the idea remove the option to have a navy or being navally attacked if your nation's location is not near a body of water, this would specifically mean agressors can't blockade you if you're not close to water nor use ships if they are because it would imply that their ships suddenly sprouted wheels and drove onto land to blockade you. 

tl;dr add logic to the game.

• Upvote 1

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I'd also suggest allowing us to place nations in the middle of the oceans. So that no one can use any land army against us.

But then, such ideas are too big and too early for the current game environment. That would mean more complicated mechanics and systems, which we prefer to keep simple instead. That is a good idea, nevertheless. But probably inaplicabble at this point of time.

Liber, is in full support and on hopes for.......

#ORBOlympics2015 . Let's make it possible, together

I'd also suggest allowing us to place nations in the middle of the oceans. So that no one can use any land army against us.

But then, such ideas are too big and too early for the current game environment. That would mean more complicated mechanics and systems, which we prefer to keep simple instead. That is a good idea, nevertheless. But probably inaplicabble at this point of time.

I agree. It's too early for this change.

But the idea itself has merit. You have to consider, though, that ships are a major lifeblood to international trade, therefore, I suggest the following changes to the original idea.

1) A nation is considered attached to water and thus able to be blockaded and build dry docks if it has water in its radius (probably 200 miles flat from the center of the nation, does not increase even if the nation has many cities)

2) Nations without water access can't be blockaded or build ships, but incur a 20% surcharge in trade transactions (since they'll have to transport stuff on land and through airports). The trade surcharge applies only to them, not the other side, unless the other side also doesn't have land access.

3) Air superiority functions in the same way as a naval blockade on trade and alliance transactions. However, landlocked nations can't use air superiority to do aerial blockade on nations with water access. If a landlocked nation airstrikes another landlocked nation though, air superiority will still function as aerial blockade.

And to those who wish to build a nation in the middle of the ocean:

4) Nations that has more than 70% water in its radius (200 miles flat to be fair) is considered maritime nations.

5) Naval blockading a maritime nation provides a boost to the effectiveness of bombing attacks by both ships and aircrafts (probably 20%?)

To those who wish to build a nation in the core of the Earth:

6) Receive a message "You and your foolish citizens have died horribly. The End." after the day tick.

To those who wish to build a nation in orbit:

7) Airstrikes and missiles deal 1000% damage and knocks out (deletes) the cities it hit when it has less than 100 infra

8) Naval blockades does nothing

9) Trades suffer 100% surcharge

10) No natural resources, but no need for power plants

I wonder if I have covered all the bases.

Edited by Alice Lune
  • Upvote 1

>logic

Disregarding that, this would just make everyone move as far into inland as possible

Even then though what if you got better trade deals for being near water, that'd give people incentive to stay on the coast and risk getting blockaded. lol

Even then though what if you got better trade deals for being near water, that'd give people incentive to stay on the coast and risk getting blockaded. lol

Elaborate

I want to hear your idea on this :v

UedhRvY.png

Other than the obvious reasons why this isn't really possible, if this *did* for some reason get implemented, I would expect both drydocks and ships themselves to be cut significantly in price. They would suddenly become useless against huge numbers of nations, and only useful against other navy nations.

• Wiki Mod

PW>Reality

Realism has no place in game balancing. Further this hurts RP as your location is now based off mechanical considerations & not RP considerations.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

I honestly thought this was a troll thread.  This is a game - not reality.

Realism:

How do my planes fly from Brazil to Siberia?  Same for tanks and soldiers for that matter.

How does an Iron Dome shoot down what are presumably MRBMs and LRBMs?

Why, when I am blockaded, can't I trade with other people in Brazil?

Why are there limits on how many buildings of a given type I can build in a given city?

Why do people magically appear when I build infrastructure?

etc etc etc

These things happen because it is a game for the love of Sand.

• Upvote 4

-signature removed for rules violation-

Elaborate

I want to hear your idea on this :v

While you couldn't have ships if you weren't coastal you could produce things slight easier for risking being coastal and the best example would be a slightly higher oil production or something :P

First you mentioned about better trade deals for being near water, and now you changed your mind so that... you get slightly higher resource production while near coastlines, is that what you meant? Those are two very different things :v

UedhRvY.png

Petition for an option to magically relocate my nation into the core of the earth, so that no one can declare war on me :ph34r:

But wouldn't your nation be destroyed due to the intense heat? :(

• Upvote 4

new_forum_sig_2.png

First you mentioned about better trade deals for being near water, and now you changed your mind so that... you get slightly higher resource production while near coastlines, is that what you meant? Those are two very different things :v

Same concept tho because you're getting more to trade if you're producing more correct also this way it's less likely to be exploited :P

Edited by Ansom

Same concept tho because you're getting more to trade if you're producing more correct also this way it's less likely to be exploited :P

Seems like you're willfully ignoring the 'totally immune from ships and ship related infra damage' part of the equation

Increase in resource production means exactly nothing when you have full commerce in all cities and you buy everything from the market.

Think harder :ph34r:

But wouldn't your nation be destroyed due to the intense heat? :(

Wizards!

1ew8kz.jpg

UedhRvY.png

how bout no, this is a game no more no less... Not every aspect of this game has to be realistic.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

• Administrators

I don't think jvectormap distinguishes land from sea or inland from coast. You'd basically be asking sheepy to code a map program.

This is the end of the discussion right here. PB hit the nail on the head, and no, I'm not going to create a map program (if that's even possible with the type of programming that the game runs off of).

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is the end of the discussion right here. PB hit the nail on the head, and no, I'm not going to create a map program (if that's even possible with the type of programming that the game runs off of).

Enough of your negative outlook Sheepy. 

/me cracks whip

Now back to the basement and get to work on this.  We expect it done by tomorrow or else.

• Upvote 1

kittenSIG.gif

I come to nurture the weak;

to provide sustenance

for those in need.