remove the ability to go into vacation mode during war or alliance wars

rapmanej

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=12822

backstory:  I declared on this guy, hit him with a blockade and ground control.  

He responds with a failed air attack and a failed ground attack (40 mins ago), and then jumps to vacation mode.  

EDIT: and apparently sends peace, (while on a lol vacation):

05/25 11:00 pm Peace has been offered by Kemal Ergenekon of Incistan. Your advisers suggest you carefully weigh your options. Further attacks will destroy all peace offerings.

It is an obvious abuse of the vacation function, and something that needs to be corrected.  

Either remove the ability to jump to vacation mode while your nation is at war, or disable it during alliance wars.   

Edited by rapmanej

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=12822

backstory:  I declared on this guy, hit him with a blockade and ground control.  

He responds with a failed air attack and a failed ground attack (40 mins ago), and then jumps to vacation mode.  

It is an obvious abuse of the vacation function, and something that needs to be corrected.  

Either remove the ability to jump to vacation mode while your nation is at war, or disable it during alliance wars.   

Cry me a river. You are my 10th in this war. This prevents Mr. 11 and Mr 12. Enjoy destroying my pixels.

Edited by Kemal Ergenekon
77oKn5K.png

I said this is how this would be used.  Just deal with it.  And you can still attack while he's in Vacation Mode, so you should be happy, not posting stupid topics.

I said this is how this would be used.  Just deal with it.  And you can still attack while he's in Vacation Mode, so you should be happy, not posting stupid topics.

What a stupid post. Letting people go into vacation mode in the middle of a war is the dumbest idea ever. It should absolutely be changed.

• Upvote 2

What a stupid post. Letting people go into vacation mode in the middle of a war is the dumbest idea ever. It should absolutely be changed.

Even if they are legitimately going on vacation? That seems a bit harsh.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Clearly some of us lead much more spontaneous lives than you

Well people who work generally have to book it in advance anyway. It's not like vacation mode is for a long weekend in Prague.

Yeah was going to mentioned life is unpredictable and that would be bad but just stopped writing because I'm conflicted.

To be honest I already thought you couldn't enter vacation mode if you were already at war, with that said I think this could be changed that if you try to enter vacation mode while at war then it will put you on a waiting list and you can't enter vacation mode until either all your wars end or 5 days pass and you will be automatically put into vacation mode even if you're still at war with new opponents.

Edited by Clarke
  • Upvote 2

IpHGyGc.png

Well people who work generally have to book it in advance anyway. It's not like vacation mode is for a long weekend in Prague.

You forget things like compassionate leave that can be very much last minute. I like Emilys idea tbf

T7Vrilp.png

1) Can't enter Vac mode during war or alliance war

No such mechanic.

Also, Kemal had told me he was going on vacation this week...so while it might look bad, this was a planned vacation.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

It doesn't end any wars, so... so what? Kemal is actually going away, it's not just to prevent further attacks.

I don't think I have to post my flight itinerary to make a point, but I have an overseas flight, and then I will attend a conference for 3 days and present my stuff. I know P&W is more serious business but I cannot convert Orbis dollars into a paycheck, xdxd.

Anyway, as I said, you and Farovia will continue to destroy my pixels with no resistance, and I already won or cease-fired all other wars I had (10 of them).

77oKn5K.png

What next? No beiging during alliance wars?

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

OP is definitely one butt hurt individual, wow.

"HEY HES IN VACATION MODE NOOOOoooooo"

"OH GOD HE OFFERED ME PEACE THAT TURKISH DEMON TAUNTS ME"

Look, you're still at war with him.  You can still destroy his pixels while he's away.  It's ok kid.

• Upvote 2

• Administrators

There's obviously going to be potential for abuse with a feature like Vacation Mode. 

I think the limits we have in place to curb this abuse are effective enough, though. 

1) Having a minimum of 14 days in Vacation Mode makes anyone think twice about just jumping in. You're disabling your nation for the next 2 weeks, is it really worth it just to not take a bit more damage? You're probably hurting yourself in the long run, since you're not making any money in the mean time.

2) Vacation mode prevents you from attacking anyone. As in this instance, the player who went to vacation mode can no longer attack his opponents, but his opponents are free to continue to attack him. This is obviously a huge disadvantage and deterrent to abusing Vacation mode, while still making it accessible for folks who are legitimately leaving, even if they're involved in a war.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I don't think it's an issue of "potential for abuse" so much as "the front door for abuse is left wide open and with a giant sign on the mailbox that says "Come on in!"

I guess the lesson won't be learned until some alliance goes into vacation mode en masse when they start losing a war.

I don't think it's an issue of "potential for abuse" so much as "the front door for abuse is left wide open and with a giant sign on the mailbox that says "Come on in!"

I guess the lesson won't be learned until some alliance goes into vacation mode en masse when they start losing a war.

There is no set rules for war in this game other than the 5 day limit of waging a battle.  How you can judge abuse of this mechanic for a situation as that?

There is no set rules for war in this game other than the 5 day limit of waging a battle.  How you can judge abuse of this mechanic for a situation as that?

Typically features like this would be expected to actually have a cooldown period where they cannot be entered into until a few days after the last war is over. The idea that vacation mode can actually be entered into in the middle of a war just boggles my mind. The fact that the admin approves of it is even crazier.

From what I understand, vacation mode is not supposed to be a peace mode. Yet game mechanics allow it to be used that way even in the blatant example of a nation entering it in the middle of a war. You can say that attacks are still performed nonetheless, but the fact is it stops further declarations from being made.