[DoW] Standing on Business

Lucas

now this, is business, i like it

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not only do these show that Singularity behaved in an hostile and bad faith manner

Leave it to The Syndicate to point fingers while conveniently ignoring their own track record! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Remember when they conveniently forgot their own treaty obligations? Classic case of selective memory! Maybe it's time for The Syndicate to check their history before preaching about bad faith! Shameful!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

3 minutes ago, Leopold von Habsburg said:

Didn't you all get the memo? Tax Loss selling is OVER! 

Let us bring in the new year with a prayer to the patron saint of ROI, Jessica Rabbit and some jolly good fun dealing with pesky upstarts who scream new money. Let this be a year of prosperity, new business relationships and all around solidarity.

May the rally never stop.

image.png.db8c3b68b64dc9bd16bd07a3a049e80a.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, George Clooney said:

There was a time if I came here to hail a DoW by The Syndicate, you would have wondered what was wrong with me.

But times change.  Welcome to the party.  Good hunting!

Damn even your allies don’t wanna be allied to you

• Haha 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

39 minutes ago, Kastor said:

Damn even your allies don’t wanna be allied to you

Says someone who is a walking, talking meme.

2 hours ago, Tartarus said:

image.thumb.png.8998924a98db54551d36ae0689cef2c3.png

You seem to have a fixation with sex.  There's good therapy out there, man.  Good luck.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Itachi said:

Leave it to The Syndicate to point fingers while conveniently ignoring their own track record! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Remember when they conveniently forgot their own treaty obligations? Classic case of selective memory! Maybe it's time for The Syndicate to check their history before preaching about bad faith! Shameful!

I mean, the record's there for posteriority. Whether it's relevant or not, that's another matter.

Given that it's an over year old act by a former FA head which Cataclysm and Paradise acted upon for the Fortune war (which, fair enough), I don't think that it is.

I should note that Singularity tried to get a NAP with t$, and only t$, after their attempt to have the sphere-wide one extended fell flat. Obviously, given the context, agreeing to it with any serious intent of honoring it would've meant reneging on the M levels, which I guess would've been approved of this time around by the Cata-Para people that make up Singu.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 3

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

2 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

I should note that Singularity tried to get a NAP with t$, and only t$, after their attempt to have the sphere-wide one extended fell flat. Obviously, given the context, agreeing to it with any serious intent of honoring it would've meant reneging on the M levels, which I guess would've been approved of this time around by the Cata-Para people that make up Singu.

I should note myself that this happened after, and only after, all other attempts at diplomacy with the rest of SAIL had already fallen through. T$ was the only party we had not directly spoken to.

Edited by Tartarus

4 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Singu

Really? You had so many possible better abbreviations to pick, and you went with Singu? 

Singu just sounds like a portmanteau of a sad penguin

Behold. i present to you, singularity: 

image.thumb.png.45ff9d3a5cff8c0f5bd4c49d60b94570.png

Edited by Krampus
  • Haha 6

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

8 hours ago, darkblade said:

WTF.jpg

Or Singularity why they went an hero against a collection of relatively unimportant alliances.

Also, do your research next time.  Last alliance that tried to roll World Task Force got hell countered out of them and they got wrecked.  Oh hey, YOU are getting the hell countered out of you and you're getting wrecked too, imagine that.  WTF has friends.  Friends with guns.  Lots of guns.  You're just the next object lesson as far as we're concerned.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

WTF has friends.  Friends with guns.  Lots of guns.  You're just the next object lesson as far as we're concerned.

Those friends of yours sure took their sweet time coming to save you.

Edited by darkblade
  • Haha 1

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

8 minutes ago, darkblade said:

Those friends of yours sure took their sweet time coming to save you.

The NAP meant that we spent a couple of quality rounds with our defensive slots filled.  Price of war.  Worth it.

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

The NAP meant that we spent a couple of quality rounds with our defensive slots filled.  Price of war.  Worth it.

Thank you for proving my point.

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

29 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Or Singularity why they went an hero against a collection of relatively unimportant alliances.

Also, do your research next time.  Last alliance that tried to roll World Task Force got hell countered out of them and they got wrecked.  Oh hey, YOU are getting the hell countered out of you and you're getting wrecked too, imagine that.  WTF has friends.  Friends with guns.  Lots of guns.  You're just the next object lesson as far as we're concerned.

George Clooney living in the fantasy where he's the evil mastermind behind it all.

Buddy we hit all the people you are talking about. They didn't counter to save you. We spent the whole time we were fighting you building nukes and we full sent into them lmfao. Everyone in the game knew what was going to happen except you apparently lmfao.

Clearly all the other object lessons didn't sink in since you've been rolled like 400 times at this point.

• Haha 2

XLL3z4T.gif

2 hours ago, Krampus said:

Really? You had so many possible better abbreviations to pick, and you went with Singu? 

Singu just sounds like a portmanteau of a sad penguin

Behold. i present to you, singularity: 

image.thumb.png.45ff9d3a5cff8c0f5bd4c49d60b94570.png

To me, Singularity is first and foremost a GFL event, and it's been abbreviated Singu for years now. So yeah, force of habit.

3 hours ago, Tartarus said:

I should note myself that this happened after, and only after, all other attempts at diplomacy with the rest of SAIL had already fallen through. T$ was the only party we had not directly spoken to.

I did acknowledge that it came after a pitch to the sphere as a whole had been made.

While I can't comment much on the specific substance of whatever talks took place, I don't think that they can be described as attempts at diplomacy. Reaching out at the 11th hour seeking for NAP extensions with little to none prior preparation is just a hail mary.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

1 hour ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

While I can't comment much on the specific substance of whatever talks took place, I don't think that they can be described as attempts at diplomacy. Reaching out at the 11th hour seeking for NAP extensions with little to none prior preparation is just a hail mary.

There was a long trial of attempts at diplomacy, some earlier than others; yes, but it was not a last minute attempt 

• Dr Rush featured and unfeatured this topic