Malleator

[POLL] Do You Want Dial Up War to End?

[POLL] Do You Want Dial Up War to End?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, BOYCE THE GREAT said:

I mean it's not a predicament imo, we can fight until the end of time for all I care, heck if you know what you're doing you can make more money in war then in peace so¬†ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

Is that why you fled the war and built your infra to whale levels?

6 hours ago, Malleator said:

While I can't help but think a lot of people have voted no in bad faith, such as to maintain a good negotiating position or to suit some other agenda outside being honest, I'm still surprised, "No," has such a high percentage, as I thought truly most would want the war to be ended currently. I suppose I've misjudged, but then again, many of those who voted, "No," do hold some sort of authority in an actively engaged alliance, so maybe I'm correct in my first hunch? Regardless, many reportedly don't want the war to end.

Well, it's not what I was expecting, but so far people seem to want this war to continue.

To those of you who voted, "No," how much longer do you want this war to go on for?

Perhaps I should have specified, "Do you want the war to end right now?" in the question. That was indeed the intent of my question.
Perhaps this will be PnW's first eternal war?
Can such a thing be sustained?
Is that what the people want?

At least until January.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Is that why you fled the war and built your infra to whale levels?

Well then answer this, if we wanted to dodge the war why didn't we just accept you terms? Any war dodger would have accepted those terms.

34 minutes ago, BOYCE THE GREAT said:

Well then answer this, if we wanted to dodge the war why didn't we just accept you terms? Any war dodger would have accepted those terms.

Because you wanted to bake your cake and eat it to? You hedged your bets on t$ protection, and that’s not worth much. 

If we could refrain from playground insults, we'd all be better off. If you want to go back and forth typing, "No u," you can kindly leave the thread.

Thank you Inst and Gudea for answering my question of war length. I wouldn't be surprised if most who voted, "No," shared your desires for the war to only last 1-3 more months.

Edited by Malleator
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Malleator said:

If we could refrain from playground insults, we'd all be better off. If you want to go back and forth typing, "No u," you can kindly leave the thread.

I'm gonna enjoy this anyway

Image result for popcorn gif

Edited by Madden8021

The issue isn't whether or not when the war ends, but if someone will eat fish flakes to satisfy our Lobster President so that we can move on to a more interesting animal feed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In answer to the OP I'll fight for as long as it takes for Coalition A to be defeated. I'm always thirsty for blood, and the Guinea Pigs are always hungry. I don't particularly care how Coalition A is defeated, it can be by their own admission or by the rolling going on for so long that they cease to be relevant. I also don't care if it takes 2 months or 2 years. War is the only time this game is remotely interesting anyway.

• Like 1

To date, the 55% of 2019 (158 of 292 days) was spent in a state of global war for the majority of the alliances... 

9 minutes ago, AtlasZX said:

To date, the 55% of 2019 (158 of 292 days) was spent in a state of global war for the majority of the alliances... 

Look on the bright side, one day when people talk about "The Great War", you can tell your alliance mates you were here for it, and regale them with tales about the days when the game didn't entirely suck.

"It's true.  All of it.  The Black Knights.  Guardians of the Galaxy.  They're real."

2 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Didn't BK start out as a t$ protectorate? You sure seemed content to ride our peens to glory back then. To be fair, considering how BK turned out, I guess we did completely and utterly fail at teaching you how to be competent at literally anything so it looks like there's some room for improvement there. Thanks for pointing that out.

cute-obama-you-mad-meme.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Aragorn, son of Arathorn said:

Because you wanted to bake your cake and eat it to? You hedged your bets on t$ protection, and that’s not worth much. 

Did they not defend Terminus Est to the fullest extent possible? I don't see how you can possibly say that's not worth much, what's not worth much is your honor after hitting us while negotiating but I guess you'd already lost that anyway. 

5 hours ago, Malleator said:

Thank you Inst and Gudea for answering my question of war length. I wouldn't be surprised if most who voted, "No," shared your desires for the war to only last 1-3 more months.

No problem....anytime, man.

The next vote you should put up is for the creation of two alliances - Thunderdomes A & B. This way, all the players that been around since the Crucifixion on Cavalry can hash out their differences.

Let's see......any ideas for the first match-up? Given the friendly banter in this thread, let's start with Boyce the Great vs. Aragorn, Son of Arathorn!

And look up Seb to handle any handicapping and handling the bets! Like the good ol' days....ah yes.....a day of gladiatorial combat in the Colosseum!

14 hours ago, Malleator said:

While I can't help but think a lot of people have voted no in bad faith, such as to maintain a good negotiating position or to suit some other agenda outside being honest, I'm still surprised, "No," has such a high percentage, as I thought truly most would want the war to be ended currently. I suppose I've misjudged, but then again, many of those who voted, "No," do hold some sort of authority in an actively engaged alliance, so maybe I'm correct in my first hunch? Regardless, many reportedly don't want the war to end.

Well, it's not what I was expecting, but so far people seem to want this war to continue.

To those of you who voted, "No," how much longer do you want this war to go on for?

Perhaps I should have specified, "Do you want the war to end right now?" in the question. That was indeed the intent of my question.
Perhaps this will be PnW's first eternal war?
Can such a thing be sustained?
Is that what the people want?

First, how long do I think will it go on for? For the foreseeable future. I'm not saying in two months, nor three, but possibly even longer in 4-5 months time or more. The longer this goes on the more grounded everyone seems to be in their side, as shown by the forums themselves. Will it be eternal? No, it will end one day, just not any day I can realistically see, at least for now. Can this be sustained? Sure, Politics & War will go on with or without The Dial Up War happening in the background or the forefront, it's simply a matter of what's going to happen next while this war continues. Is that what the people want? I'd say the poll so far has shown that people do want this to continue, whether or not this changes only time will tell. The entire issue with this is that most people can get a good idea of how the peace talks are going (i.e. they're not going anywhere) but they have no direct outlet to view or listen to these talks. We have many claims here, and I'd like to see or hear the conversations going on both sides to either further verify what I (and others) have speculated or to perhaps expand on what we already know. The forums are 95% shit flinging and 5% actual substance when it comes to the complete truth at this stage.

But how long do I want it to go on for? I want it to go as long as possible without getting boring. I'm still able to log in everyday and burn or steal pixels, so therefore I'm quite satisfied as this stage with my production at least, but I doubt this entertainment will last forever, but then again it's what? 3-4 months in and I'm still getting loot. So maybe the outlook isn't so bad.

Edited by Rygus

8 hours ago, Sphinx said:

You're really not adding much to the conversation with your posts. I already know what I want and what Colo B wants, but until such time as KERCHTOGG admits defeat we'll continue this war.

EDIT: And yes I know people are butthurt about it, but you know what you need to do to get out of this predicament. Down-voting or complaining about it on the OWF wont help you. 

What are you complaining about?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Big Brother said:

Didn't BK start out as a t$ protectorate? You sure seemed content to ride our peens to glory back then. To be fair, considering how BK turned out, I guess we did completely a utterly fail at teaching you how to be competent at literally anything so it looks like there's some room for improvement there. Thanks for pointing that out.

I think he meant more that your protection is less scary than usual because you have stuff to lose and the people that hit TEst don't have as much.  Tbh, nothing changed about BK in terms of the issues you have with them now so you might be right you failed or something, though.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 2

Speaking solely for myself, I would like to see this war end so that another war with a less stupid name can take its place

This has been my very important opinion thank you

• Upvote 1

as a newbie goon i would like the war to end so we can redirect our resources to expansion again

9 minutes ago, ChloeJessica said:

as a newbie goon i would like the war to end so we can redirect our resources to expansion again

That would be cool too but mostly I just think the name is stupid

1 hour ago, ChloeJessica said:

I would like the war to end so we can redirect our resources to expansion again

Same on wanting the war to end.

1 hour ago, DivineCoffeeBinge said:

I just think the name of this war was a stupid choice

Yeah, I think that the war name will be chosen by the winning side as I was told *or at least heard/read* months ago.

Edited by Madden8021

I think how it ends should probably matter to most, although I went with N/A since I’m not fighting in it. :P

And we are closing the poll.

Thanks for participating in democracy and thinking ur vote matters

Also, it will be nice to not end the war since 69 people voted NO

• Upvote 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:02 AM, Big Brother said:

Didn't BK start out as a t$ protectorate? You sure seemed content to ride our peens to glory back then. To be fair, considering how BK turned out, I guess we did completely and utterly fail at teaching you how to be competent at literally anything so it looks like there's some room for improvement there. Thanks for pointing that out.

BK always were syndisphere’s illegitimate stepchild. Don’t hold it against them.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

1 hour ago, ShadyAssassin said:

Thanks for participating in democracy and thinking since your vote matters

It was kind of rigged and also, Democracy never works in P&W, from polls to alliance elections. It's always been proven to be rigged and or fail. ¬Į\_(„ÉĄ)_/¬Į

Edited by Madden8021