A Statement On Recent Events

Park

That's just foolish to sign a treaty to an entire alliance when you really only care about a handful of members in that alliance. That makes it look more like a BK/Resplendent FA blunder than an Obelisk one.

As I understood it, BK was approached about the treaty and gave them a nod. I don't know about Obelisk's internal affairs.

Like I said, you can operate however you like, I just agree with Park's denunciation, and believe that this was not a classy FA move by BK.

We signed a treaty to an alliance with people who we could work with. We entertained the idea of the treaty because of our good relations with Resplendent. If overnight the people we could work with left, and we are left with a government who only has the courtesy to inform us of a treaty signing a day prior to it, you can expect us to nope our way out of it before it brings us trouble.

BK was told about the treaty a day before. Our leader might have inclined to give it a go, but with a government that's a shell of what it was, and the revelation of the drama, we decided it was not in our interest to maintain the treaty. FA moves are made by good relations with individuals, not alliance in name. If we want to ally with names, we would ally the top 10 giant whales right from our incarnation. 

The last time someone informed us of a signing days before the signing, shit happened. BK also had the pleasure of keeping a treaty that was counterproductive to both alliance. You can be sure that we do not want such an episode to happen again.

• Upvote 1

Bear Foskett, hold up; are you someone that we should know about that re-rolled or something? If not, then you're 20 days old talking about a lot of politics.

I'm 103 days old talking about a lot of politics.

Edited by Hooves
  • Upvote 1

I'm 102 days old talking about a lot of politics.

I'm 761 days talking a lot of politics. I'm just confused how this guy has formed opinions so quick haha

Edited by Chappie
  • Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

That would be fine if they didn't approach you about it, but as I understand it, they did and got a green light (or at least a yellow light, and definitely not a red light) on going forward with Polaris.

Wasn't gonna keep going but I thought why not. As you've been told, we've been told about the treaty when it was already signed. We aren't bullies who are going to make them cancel it, they're entitled to their own FA, so the boss wanted a wait and see approach. But with the drama and the leaving of members that we could work with, there was no reason to keep the treaty going. Seriously, you're not gonna like every member in an AA but you do stay because you still have connections with those you do. If that's no longer the case and the ones left have already done moves that are not favored, it's best to disconnect.

Again this is my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

That's all the defense needed to immediately cancel treaties, for 8 members to leave, to delete their Discord server, and take half of their bank?

In some situations I'd agree it would be acceptable to cancel treaties and to leave if you're a member, but the latter are just indefensible, imo.

its more than 8 members now .most are on vacation and some will join again

• Upvote 2

Not sure what to really think about this - maybe nothing.

I do think that some things coulda/shoulda been handled differently and I don't believe two wrongs make a right. That being said - I suppose - good luck to the future of your alliance. PR is gonna be your friend for a little while, so make sure you get that situated.

o/ TCW

• Upvote 1

I did say ask for my help, this thread is probably where you should have asked for it.

I do have a question though relating to this for BK, do I take it that you never intend to make amends with TC/NPO et al.?

Seems rather amusing after I had so many people whine to me about keeping the FA boring by holding onto grudges and what not. Now that they seemingly have no desire to go to war with you anymore, you now intend to hold onto that grudge.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I honestly expected a lot of saying sorry and was surprised to see how it was instead. I think you will be living in interesting times.

And that justifies secretly signing a shit treaty without their allies or membership's notice, and then publicly shit on their former allies who had every reason to drop it like it's hot? Over a *discord* server which takes 2 seconds to remake and bank funds which were returned?

I think there needs to be a second "When will Rose decide" counter. And maybe a "When will Obelisk disband" counter and then take bets on which one happens first.

You mean third luv.

OQfllW1.png

• Upvote 1

I did say ask for my help, this thread is probably where you should have asked for it.

I do have a question though relating to this for BK, do I take it that you never intend to make amends with TC/NPO et al.?

Seems rather amusing after I had so many people whine to me about keeping the FA boring by holding onto grudges and what not. Now that they seemingly have no desire to go to war with you anymore, you now intend to hold onto that grudge.

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

That's also the response to anyone not wanting to answer a tough question over their possible hypocrisy.

The hell do I care what Curufinwe does or does not do regarding NPO/tC?

On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

That's also the response to anyone not wanting to answer a tough question over their possible hypocrisy.

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

• Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

I like how this never got a serious responce.

No, this isnt me taking sides in public and stuff k thx. And no, I am not roquentin this isnt some imperial decree.

Edited by greatkitteh
  • Upvote 1

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

We're busy.

Also, kudos to GPA for stealing members, almost stealing a bank, and effectively spitting on an ally. I don't care about the reasons, I'm just so proud.

Hmm, when should I take you seriously? Never! We never stole a thing, it was there decision to come, they're being treated like non-other than a new member, not sure how "almost" is even a thing, we ended up with half the bank and when we did it was sent bank, as for spitting our ally, well you said reasons don't matter to you so I guess it's pointless to make an argument.

• Upvote 3

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Hmm, when should I take you seriously? Never! We never stole a thing, it was there decision to come, they're being treated like non-other than a new member, not sure how "almost" is even a thing, we ended up with half the bank and when we did it was sent bank, as for spitting our ally, well you said reasons don't matter to you so I guess it's pointless to make an argument.

That's exactly what a member stealing, almost bank stealing, ally spitting upon person would say. Keep making me proud!

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

FINE, for !@#$ sake. I'll bite. It's not like I was trying to get through the amazing sequel of Anal Whores so I'll keep it short.

If I understand your question Keegoz, you're insinuating that because one of the reasons we dropped Obelisk is because of their treaty with Polaris means that we aren't trying to mend wounds with tC and NPO, right? Hopefully it is because I'll attempt to answer your question.

In my expert opinion, BK and NPO have made decent strides towards mending our relationship. We'll never be best buddies or even friends at that, but I think our relationship has moved in a positive directing since the conclusion of the Silent War. NPO makes an effort to talk to us and throughout last war, Roq was on our forums continually keeping open communications with us and we respect that and I think it has had a positive effect. However, I cannot say the same for Polaris, or any other alliance you want to throw under this umbrella. Polaris has made absolutely no effort, in my opinion, to attempt to mend the wounds of our relationship. Of course, we haven't either, but uh... :thatisnotmyjob.gif: So it's quite clear that BK is willing to move forward with the relationships with all of those alliances and we are in fact moving forward with our relationship with NPO.

Now, it came to quite a surprise that the Obelisk Government thought it would be a remotely good idea to sign a treaty with an alliance that attacked us just a few months ago without more than a day's notice. This just screams incompetence at its finest. Now, we don't expect Obelisk to ask for our approval, but we do however expect the courtesy of being asked our thoughts on the matter and not a "Hey, we're signing this tomorrow." Especially considering that Polaris is in the complete opposite sphere and was our enemy in the previous major war, I don't see how this didn't cross their mind a little more in advance.

I'm going off on a tangent so let me bring it back to your original question, Keegoz. We are willing to make amends with our previous 'enemies' and we are currently working on it with NPO. However, Polaris hasn't shown any effort into doing so. 

We also want to make sure that we can always be there for our allies and that our allies can always be there for us. We learned some hard lessons from our treaty with UPN. We do not want ties to alliances in completely polar spheres from us. This treaty would've been a clear argument for paperless because it would cluster the !@#$ out of the treaty web. 

When Obelisk signed this treaty without any regard to us, it was clear the direction that Obelisk wanted to take. After Curu spoke to all parties involved and got a clear picture of the situation, we held an unofficial Government vote, and it was unanimous to drop Obelisk. We wish them the best in their future endeavors, but those endeavors will have to be without us.

I personally find dropping the treaty now and making our intentions clear is better than just using Obelisk as a chess piece in any future conflicts. Hopefully I answered your question Keegoz. I can't say that if you have any future questions I won't just shitpost but you can give it a shot.

Edited by Yosodog
  • Upvote 2

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

You did answer my question and to be honest cleared up a few things so thanks for that. Now for my next question:

Coke or Pepsi?

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

You did answer my question and to be honest cleared up a few things so thanks for that. Now for my next question:

Coke or Pepsi?

Pepsi. I'm no savage.

• Upvote 5

BK in a nutshell