We interrupt your regularly scheduled bickering to bring you Pacifica News

Charles Bolivar

Syndicate is the bastard child of Cynic after all. 

Fix'd.

tl;dr "We will bring in our massive army and invade Orbis."

Do it. And while you're at it, so should Mensa. And TEst, Guardian, UPN, Fark, so on and so forth. You aren't the only ones with people in other games doing things. You'd be surprised at how many alliances can bring in large numbers. You aren't the unique and special snowflakes you think you are.

But they did cool things in other places before. That makes them matter here. 

scSqPGJ.gif

NPO finally taking the mask off, I see...

A bit too early for NPO to pull the SuperVillain Megalomaniac Reveal Monologe, though. Those are usually issued when the SuperVillain thinks is about to conquer the world (only for the Heroes to stop him cold). And right now there is no reason you can honestly believe you are nowere near your objective, no matter how much you delude yourselves.

Edited by Ivan the Red

NPO finally taking the mask off, I see...

A bit too early for NPO to pull the SuperVillain Megalomaniac Reveal Monologe, though. Those are usually spoken when the SuperVillain thinks is about to conquer the world (only for the Heroes to stop him cold). And right now there is no reason you can honestly believe you are nowere near your objective, no matter how much you delude yourselves.

No

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Not sure if trolling or not. Just like last time -- context matters. This is a largely RP community, and obviously the post is going to be written in the same style. The reference to Francoism should tell you that (http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Francoism).

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Not sure if trolling or not. Just like last time -- context matters. This is a largely RP community, and obviously the post is going to be written in the same style. The reference to Francoism should tell you that (http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Francoism).

If we're going to recognise role play in other games as just that, that's okay with me. But that brings me to the following question:

Why was I taken out of context in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for role playing my in game doomsday personal there and why were structural attempts made to leverage that against me for PR in PnW?

You can't have it both ways. Either out of world is out of world and you admit that I was called out for no reason beyond political convenience... OR you acknowledge the blatant hypocrisy at play here and join us in shunning roq.

os9LcJK.gif

tl;dr "We will bring in our massive army and invade Orbis."

Do it. And while you're at it, so should Mensa. And TEst, Guardian, UPN, Fark, so on and so forth. You aren't the only ones with people in other games doing things. You'd be surprised at how many alliances can bring in large numbers. You aren't the unique and special snowflakes you think you are.

I honestly wish all these people that brag about bringing in multiple people would shut up and do it.  It certainly would make the game more interesting on a drama level if so.  I don't think any one really wants to put in the effort, minus NPO here.

• Downvote 1

If we're going to recognise role play in other games as just that, that's okay with me. But that brings me to the following question:

Why was I taken out of context in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) for role playing my in game doomsday personal there and why were structural attempts made to leverage that against me for PR in PnW?

You can't have it both ways. Either out of world is out of world and you admit that I was called out for no reason beyond political convenience... OR you acknowledge the blatant hypocrisy at play here and join us in shunning roq.

No

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I don't know what specific situation you are talking about, so I can't comment on it. However when you can see clearly and know that someone is RP'ing, trying to deliberately misrepresent it is pretty low imo... of course I can't even tell if this thread is serious or just tongue in cheek humour, so perhaps I am misinterpreting it.

And again, I haven't been that active here, and pay no attention to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) at all, but from my limited time looking at these forums, it is mainly you guys who appeared to intertwine the different worlds... whist simultaneously accusing of NPO of doing the same, when I haven't seen any of that in this 'realm', apart from a recruitment message -- which is perfectly understandable.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

NPO's IRC topic says, and I quote, "stomping throats and eating babies."

Where's the outrage? Is everyone suddenly okay with cannibalism and infanticide? You people make me sick, we should be reporting them to the authorities, not shitposting about them on a game.

Edited by Malal

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Where's the outrage? Is everyone suddenly okay with cannibalism and infanticide? You people make me sick, we should be reporting them to the authorities, not shitposting about them on a game.

I actually have always felt offended by that IRC topic because I feel its an OOC attack.

os9LcJK.gif

I actually have always felt offended by that IRC topic because I feel its an OOC attack.

https://tips.fbi.gov

hurt feelings is a crime, do something about it

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I'll bite on this one actually:

The only reason your "RP"  was brought up at all is because it coincided specifically with your sphere's mobilization and  a member of your alliance threatening us and other Alpha allies over the "For Steve" thing and had references that could be interpreted to mean PW was the world the long arm of Caustic's "hero" couldn't reach.  For us, it was legitimately cause for concern rather than some cynical attempt to use it against you and the concern was very much warranted.

No one cared about The Pen before that.

Edited by Roquentin

Well trigger me timbers. CB acquired? Happy hunting.

q8nfyvc.gif

"NPO is in no position to ever dominate, has never wanted to dominate and will never want to dominate in PW. For this reason you should leave us alone" 

- Roquentin, PW forums 2016

"We are going to Dominate PW like we did in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and NS, come help us achieve it!"

- Roquentin, out of game forums 2016

"The game is moving into an endgame stage because Syndisphere refuses to break up and let us win!"

- Roquentin after launching a war against Syndisphere, 2016

"Other alliances are doing everything they can to stop us from dominating but its a pointless endeavor because they can't stop us!"

- Roquentin, out of game forums 2016

Okay then.

He reminds me awfully of Donald Trump.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

He reminds me awfully of Donald Trump.

Yeah because the false attributions are almost deliberately done to make me sound like Donald Trump. I enjoyed them for that reason.

Guess there's one other  thing I want to address.

Obviously. I mean, the cool things they did in other places have apparently defined my FA for like a year.

Little did I know!

This dismissal is cute. This'll be the final thing I address since I felt it needed to be touched on.

Here's the thing: you claim you don't care about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) all you want, but your metagame criticisms of us for allying certain people and so forth and concerns about our consolidation can easily be interpreted as such and I've told you that in the past. The general anti-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rhetoric from your side does not help in this regard.

However, regardless of your personal stance I'll break it down.

1. Figures of varying levels in your sphere have biases from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), including your own members like Ivan who has to invoke (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) in virtually every post he makes against NPO. He's not alone and there are also individual grudges that are toxic as hell..  It hasn't just been one off members and it is clear that gov officials throughout the sphere have allowed it to influence policy. They don't like how (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is and they don't want us replicating it so "stopping the hegemoney from making this (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 2.0" doesn't seem like it was a goal only one alliance gov had. 

2. You have taken full advantage of it and it greatly benefited you, while denying it exists as an issue anyway. You never condemned and simply try to say it doesn't influence you or your gov personally. 

3. The above is a serious accountability issue as it has been recurring theme with people in your grouping. I prefer people to be upfront if they want to hold things against us, but the double game is seriously irritating. That's why it's kind of ironic you're calling us out here for it despite it just being a hyped up RP thread.

No further comment. 
Edited by Roquentin

Yeah because the false attributions are almost deliberately done to make me sound like Donald Trump. I enjoyed them for that reason.

Guess there's one other  thing I want to address.

This dismissal is cute. This'll be the final thing I address since I felt it needed to be touched on.

Here's the thing: you claim you don't care about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) all you want, but your metagame criticisms of us for allying certain people and so forth and concerns about our consolidation can easily be interpreted as such and I've told you that in the past. The general anti-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) rhetoric from your side does not help in this regard.

However, regardless of your personal stance I'll break it down.

1. Figures of varying levels in your sphere have biases from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), including your own members like Ivan who has to invoke (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) in virtually every post he makes against NPO. He's not alone and there are also individual grudges that are toxic as hell..  It hasn't just been one off members and it is clear that gov officials throughout the sphere have allowed it to influence policy. They don't like how (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is and they don't want us replicating it so "stopping the hegemoney from making this (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) 2.0" doesn't seem like it was a goal only one alliance gov had. 

2. You have taken full advantage of it and it greatly benefited you, while denying it exists as an issue anyway. You never condemned and simply try to say it doesn't influence you or your gov personally. 

3. The above is a serious accountability issue as it has been recurring theme with people in your grouping. I prefer people to be upfront if they want to hold things against us, but the double game is seriously irritating. That's why it's kind of ironic you're calling us out here for it despite it just being a hyped up RP thread.

No further comment.

On an unrelated note, how many "last posts" are you going to have?

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

0m4IYQm.jpg

Could probably make a similar meme for the amount of times Roq accuses everyone of rolling NPO because of (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) shenanigans.

Dear Roq, nobody but you cares about (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Move on.

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png