Orbis on Planet Bob?

Kastor

I give this post a 1.2/7.

If you want to keep the two games separate you should, you know, do that.

Nice try though.

Placentica bringing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to PnW isn't a problem because it didn't happen. tS are the ones who brought (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to PnW. Why don't you have that chat with them?

As irrelevant as it is, people seem to keep arguing PnW was brought to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). Anyone who goes to CNtel will note that the war on MI6 was planned long before tS declared on Alpha in the game. There is no relation.

I give your post a .026/17

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

And that's exactly what was happening until someone (hint: it wasn't Pacifica) didn't like what was going on in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and decided to bring it here.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it once more - don't go down that path, nothing good will come of it for either realm.

Ah and your DoW (whats his/her name from the nro or whatever alliance linked to two threads that clearly and unequivocally show that the war was a cross over) was written months ago I am sure. Every other post saying "For Steve" was a funny haha joke I am sure. Makes perfect sense.

Look friends the case remains open and shut to any objective obserever. Your spin is pretty good tbh but when the facts are so clear and public you are fighting a losing rhetorical battle.

But whatever. We could still all just roll GPA ya know.

Edited by LordRahl2
  • Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Lol, please.

This would seem less transparent if *NPO* had done the things in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) that people are claiming to be offended about in the first place.

I wouldn't know, I don't play in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  I'm just saying that from my involvement with Syndicate, here, is that NPO wasn't even a talking point until just recently.  Which is in reply to your member who claims we have been using NPO as a scapegoat.

I personally find you guys irrelevant really, and this whole situation is stupid ( Hence my push of "let's just war and get it over with" ).

However, if we really want to get into it:  I've seen a leaked screenshot, posted here, from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) talking about NPO in PnW is asking for assistance from NPO in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) due to some "threatened existence", which has been largely ignored by NPO members here.  So...

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Actually, NPO wasn't even on our radar at all until the stint in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) happened.

Sure, there might've been a few questionable treaty deals here and there, but it's not like we're going to do anything about it.  People can sign whoever the hell they want, plus we get to see Prefontaine groan about it when it gets too ridiculous.

I personally just find it odd people are mass signing treaties with an alliance that is just bloated and unproven, and also absorbed in an alliance that has been kicked around ( Let's not forget there's that leaked screenshot of you guys literally asking for inactive farm nations due to some concern of threatened existence, that's just depressing ).

I just want to fight in a world war again.  Those are fun.  If it's against NPO and friends, then so be it, I have no beef against anybody - I just want to fight.  It's been boring with Alpha.  I don't expect much out of it, but who knows - maybe the ship attack tactic will actually work this time?

First off, i'm pretty sure that NPO was on t$ radar before this. If we weren't... Well i'd question your competence a good bit. Anyone that doesn't have plan for alliances not allied to them, or doesn't keep tabs on them, must be wildly incompetent. Also, I assume any *important* things you guys do in relation to NPO would be done and known by only Gov people. Which you are not (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not really sure why something in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would change policies here... Pretty OOC...  I have no comments about the treaties.

In relation to us asking for inactive farm nations... Heh. If we were asking for inactive farm nations, we would not be doing our rigorous application process, and instead would just let anyone in. We have not done anything in relation to getting "inactive farm nations". Being a member of the NPO, I really do not find LoD's post to be particularly out of the ordinary. 

Can confirm.

You are also not an active government member, and so would not be privy to the information that the government does have, which is a lot more important than any you might have access to.

Actually pretty easy to think in abstract in regards to separating names and faces from that of an alliance/organisation if I have properly understood the meaning you are attempting to convey, is a tad bit unclear so apologies if I have misunderstood your post. Plus, you really are in no position to tell me how my opinion of a person affects my view of an alliance, I know it makes it easier for your narrative to claim as much but in this case you are incorrect in your presumption.

I agree with you. I am not in a position to be telling you how your opinion of a person affects your views of an alliance. However, Psychology does. A basic understanding of Psychology and how things work would tell you that you DO have a bias. If every time I saw you, I kicked you in the genitals, you would subconsciously guard your genitals when you were near me or in the place where it happens. Same applies to how you interact with others. When you've dealt with them in a nasty, fighting manner, you will subconsciously make that type of situation happen again, in other places. 

Entirely off-topic:

I'm really excited that this game has an active OWF where people actually put effort into their PR campaigns and (shit)posts.

I try :)

Basic commom sense dictates than when an outsider talks about the feelings of a community he doesn't belongs to, what he says is far from an accurate representation of said community.

Not to mention that in said screens, Chim doesn't talks about the feelings of t$ but of all PnW players.

But Chim isn't really an outsider. He is a member of t$ and so privy to hearing all the private stuff you don't want others to hear. So he gets what you guys feel, and it must be pretty strong for such little interaction. And he said people in general, but we know that's Syndisphere. People don't generally talk to others in different alliances... And if so, they talk to allies. And this is further reinforced by his inactivity.

You cannot possibly be serious with this post. I do not know where to begin to decipher such an asinine argument.

Well, first you might add some content and try to counter my points. 

I wouldn't know, I don't play in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways).  I'm just saying that from my involvement with Syndicate, here, is that NPO wasn't even a talking point until just recently.  Which is in reply to your member who claims we have been using NPO as a scapegoat.

I personally find you guys irrelevant really, and this whole situation is stupid ( Hence my push of "let's just war and get it over with" ).

However, if we really want to get into it:  I've seen a leaked screenshot, posted here, from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) talking about NPO in PnW is asking for assistance from NPO in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) due to some "threatened existence", which has been largely ignored by NPO members here.  So...

I don't claim to know about Syndicate's internal discussions but it's hard to believe the leadership hasn't taken NPO into consideration on a strategic/tactical level.

I think you operate from a rare perspective due to your lack of historical connections to much of the ecosystem in the game.

I don't think we've avoided addressing it. People have seen it to be within the realm of possibility to make that kind of move against NPO. References to past experiences of NPO  communities being dealt with have been made and people have said we only exist currently because no one decided to take action before.

Killing NPO has come up as a discussion topic on a casual level for a non-zero number of people. If we perceive people using the opportunity to go after us over (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) stuff to be a real possibility, we are not really without warrant for thinking they'll try to do their darnedest to make sure they do a thorough job and make sure we aren't in a position to recover.  A strength of ours is  having an offsite community we can still try to get more members from and leveraging it. Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

I don't claim to know about Syndicate's internal discussions but it's hard to believe the leadership hasn't taken NPO into consideration on a strategic/tactical level.

I think you operate from a rare perspective due to your lack of historical connections to much of the ecosystem in the game.

I don't think we've avoided addressing it. People have seen it within the realm of possibility to make that kind of move against NPO. References to past experiences of NPO  communities being dealt with have been made.and people have said we only exist currently because no one decided to take action before. Killing NPO has come up as a discussion topic on a casual level for a non-zero number of people. If we perceive people using the opportunity to go after us over (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) stuff to be a real  possibility, we are not really without warrant for thinking they'll try to do their darnedest to make sure they do a thorough job and make sure we aren't in a position to recover.  A strength of ours is  having an offsite community we can still try to get more members from and leveraging it. Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Couldnt say it better der Roquentin

R6izKYH.png

First off, i'm pretty sure that NPO was on t$ radar before this. If we weren't... Well i'd question your competence a good bit. Anyone that doesn't have plan for alliances not allied to them, or doesn't keep tabs on them, must be wildly incompetent. Also, I assume any *important* things you guys do in relation to NPO would be done and known by only Gov people. Which you are not (to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not really sure why something in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) would change policies here... Pretty OOC... I have no comments about the treaties.

In relation to us asking for inactive farm nations... Heh. If we were asking for inactive farm nations, we would not be doing our rigorous application process, and instead would just let anyone in. We have not done anything in relation to getting "inactive farm nations". Being a member of the NPO, I really do not find LoD's post to be particularly out of the ordinary.

You are also not an active government member, and so would not be privy to the information that the government does have, which is a lot more important than any you might have access to.

Actually pretty easy to think in abstract in regards to separating names and faces from that of an alliance/organisation if I have properly understood the meaning you are attempting to convey, is a tad bit unclear so apologies if I have misunderstood your post. Plus, you really are in no position to tell me how my opinion of a person affects my view of an alliance, I know it makes it easier for your narrative to claim as much but in this case you are incorrect in your presumption.

I agree with you. I am not in a position to be telling you how your opinion of a person affects your views of an alliance. However, Psychology does. A basic understanding of Psychology and how things work would tell you that you DO have a bias. If every time I saw you, I kicked you in the genitals, you would subconsciously guard your genitals when you were near me or in the place where it happens. Same applies to how you interact with others. When you've dealt with them in a nasty, fighting manner, you will subconsciously make that type of situation happen again, in other places.

I try :)

But Chim isn't really an outsider. He is a member of t$ and so privy to hearing all the private stuff you don't want others to hear. So he gets what you guys feel, and it must be pretty strong for such little interaction. And he said people in general, but we know that's Syndisphere. People don't generally talk to others in different alliances... And if so, they talk to allies. And this is further reinforced by his inactivity.

Well, first you might add some content and try to counter my points.

I am actually impressed, you presume too much in your presumptions, mostly for reasons of convenience so as to suit your own narrative in regards to how other alliances work internally and view NPO but that's understandable given your particular viewpoint. Other than that it was a pretty good response.

Will repeat what buor said though and provide some context on NPO and radar. NPO right now is simply untested and unproven. You have a small former core of former vanguard members who presumably know how to fight in a war and I assume a stack of guides for the rest of your membership whose experience would be mostly against raiders. Now, you are rather accomplished in gaining treaties however until you actually prove your worth in a decent war, you simply aren't going to be viewed as significant in the greater scheme of things compared to your allies who have proven their capabilities over an extensive time period.

Also, just to be clear if we apply your logic regarding chim to your own posts, do NPO believe chim speaks for the syndicate and that this cropped log indicates tS intent towards NPO? If the words of chim represent tS then presumably the narrative you are presenting represents NPO's policies? Or does NPO's own gov establish NPO policies like most alliances in this game?

Also, leave my genitals alone :P

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

I am actually impressed, you presume too much in your presumptions, mostly for reasons of convenience so as to suit your own narrative in regards to how other alliances work internally and view NPO but that's understandable given your particular viewpoint. Other than that it was a pretty good response.

Will repeat what buor said though and provide some context on NPO and radar. NPO right now is simply untested and unproven. You have a small former core of former vanguard members who presumably know how to fight in a war and I assume a stack of guides for the rest of your membership whose experience would be mostly against raiders. Now, you are rather accomplished in gaining treaties however until you actually prove your worth in a decent war, you simply aren't going to be viewed as significant in the greater scheme of things compared to your allies who have proven their capabilities over an extensive time period.

Also, leave my genitals alone :P

Well... If you don't work as how I outlined it... Then your idea of OPSEC is just let everyone know... So yeah. Not buying it. And we do have more people with war experience than you expect. 

Also, I assume things in relation to you that a normal, non deviant person would have.

I could see where you get your ideas, but I don't particularly believe that they are correct. This is mainly due to the fact that we are still in the top ten, and and extra 130k/140k NS could change who wins a war. So ignoring us is foolish. 

I will most likely not post again till there are 2/3 posts relating to my post/that i could comment upon. I do not like to do these short, *spammy* posts.

I don't think we've avoided addressing it. People have seen it to be within the realm of possibility to make that kind of move against NPO. References to past experiences of NPO  communities being dealt with have been made and people have said we only exist currently because no one decided to take action before.

Killing NPO has come up as a discussion topic on a casual level for a non-zero number of people. If we perceive people using the opportunity to go after us over (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) stuff to be a real possibility, we are not really without warrant for thinking they'll try to do their darnedest to make sure they do a thorough job and make sure we aren't in a position to recover.  A strength of ours is  having an offsite community we can still try to get more members from and leveraging it. Quantity has a quality all of its own.

I would more say NPO has a quantity of quality. 

Also t$, you guys are also doing the exact same thing, even within alliances such as IRON... So don't take the high ground... 
Edited by Goddess Hestia

I give this post a 1.2/7.

Nice try though.

Your allies The Syndicate and Partisan keep bring it up and even made a topic about it, trying to do just that, join these worlds.  Maybe you should pay more attention to who is the actual culprit.

If you want tS to keep the worlds separate I'd suggest going and talking to them.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 1

>People saying that they want to keep (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) & PnW seperate

>Don't

>Blame literally everyone else and form a crappy CB

Look I lost interest in this drama a long time ago, but frankly if you want to keep the worlds separate then starting topics about it seems to have had the opposite effect. From what I've seen, no one really wants an OOC (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)-PnW crossover war, so how about you all just chill. Just walk away, step outside, take a breath, and ask what the heck you're all still doing here, at page 7 of this thread.

• Upvote 3

As you sow, so shall you reap

If you people truly are in favor of keeping Pw and (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) separate, I would think you would ignore one comment on the forums. Or we can just blame everything on NPO. That works as well.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Can confirm.

• Upvote 1
RollSheepy.png

I'm an ally of NPO and like NPO overall, but I agree completely with Charle's assessment of Roquentin, and will never trust him as a person further than I can throw him.  Totally 100% self centered.

• Upvote 3
GnWq7CW.png

I think this thread is absolutely idiotic and wish this whole thing would just die horribly, but I feel compelled to answer this specific point. The OP of this thread has a picture that is â€‹allegedly leaked from NPO's (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) boards (or some other place NPO members congregate). In that post there is literally a section that reads "less active people would still be useful for generating resources for Pacifica". Unless you're disputing the validity of that picture, which from what I can tell, no one is, that is possibly one of the best definitions of an "inactive farm nation" as I can think of.

It's petty stuff like with the poster I'm not going to bother acknowledging that is  is the reason I hesitated in becoming active sooner here despite being asked to in the past and stuck to functioning in a community support role for Cynic when he established GR, MrHat, and later Carter.  To some degree for some people it seems like a way to relive better times from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) than a totally new start and simply an escape from their not-so-great positions there. Oh well.

I think this thread is absolutely idiotic and wish this whole thing would just die horribly, but I feel compelled to answer this specific point. The OP of this thread has a picture that is â€‹allegedly leaked from NPO's (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) boards (or some other place NPO members congregate). In that post there is literally a section that reads "less active people would still be useful for generating resources for Pacifica". Unless you're disputing the validity of that picture, which from what I can tell, no one is, that is possibly one of the best definitions of an "inactive farm nation" as I can think of.

Eh, I think you have a point here, but think the wording of it "inactive farm nation" is a bit dehumanizing. Pacifica in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) is able to utilize a model where they can have a large casual player base that can still contribute to the well-being of the alliance even if they don't have the time. To some degree it has proven a lot more successful long-term than the elite alliance model I subscribe to over there. P&W isn't as friendly to casual players, but we've been looking for ways to make it be so people can still be part of a community when they have the time without being a drain on limited resources.

Your allies The Syndicate and Partisan keep bring it up and even made a topic about it, trying to do just that, join these worlds. Maybe you should pay more attention to who is the actual culprit.

If you want tS to keep the worlds separate I'd suggest going and talking to them.

Ohhhhh. They made a TOPIC! Did it hurt your fewings? You and your allies actually crossed the line with actions.

Maybe you should pay more attention to who is the actual culprit.

Ohhhhh. They made a TOPIC! Did it hurt your fewings? You and your allies actually crossed the line with actions.

Maybe you should pay more attention to who is the actual culprit.

Is this how they teach what an argument is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Is this how they teach what an argument is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

That is pretty funny. However, I have laid out an argument. The counter to which is, well I donno. What is the counter argument that is suppoted by facts? Apparently there is "a topic" with words in it - if that is all you got then the argument is pretty much over.

I'm an ally of NPO and like NPO overall, but I agree completely with Charle's assessment of Roquentin, and will never trust him as a person further than I can throw him.  Totally 100% self centered.

At least it's not personal and you're not crossing OOC/IC-(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways)/PnW boundaries in this assessment.
  • Upvote 3

That is pretty funny. However, I have laid out an argument. The counter to which is, well I donno. What is the counter argument that is suppoted by facts? Apparently there is "a topic" with words in it - if that is all you got then the argument is pretty much over.

It's very hard to argue (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) politics on the PnW forum. It seems out of place. However, it has been addressed and the planning against MI6 goes as far back as February?

Both tS and NPO have used (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to recruit for PnW. It was fine, the community needs to grow we all like the game. 

tS has taken this a step further now. Using other worlds to grow PnW is fine, using other worlds for PR and a potential CB is not. 

It's very hard to argue (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) politics on the PnW forum. It seems out of place. However, it has been addressed and the planning against MI6 goes as far back as February?

Both tS and NPO have used (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to recruit for PnW. It was fine, the community needs to grow we all like the game.

tS has taken this a step further now. Using other worlds to grow PnW is fine, using other worlds for PR and a potential CB is not.

I mean I have personally planned to roll James II forever. If I was to use something from another game to do that would be unacceptable, I agree. Go read the linked DoW and the 30 comments that follow it. You can talk about plans from whenever but the DoW is quite clear and unambiguous. This is reinforced by like 30 following comments. Really what the war is actually about over there is impossible to deny with any credibility. You can keep trying though.

You, in the general sense, are guily of precisely what you are accusing tS of. Its really really easy for anyone to figure out if they can read. Like I said elsewhere it is cool to try to obscure the facts and your spin is pretty good. But it is spin and the facts are a bit too clear and are publicly availible.

I mean I have personally planned to roll James II forever. If I was to use something from another game to do that would be unacceptable, I agree. Go read the linked DoW and the 30 comments that follow it. You can talk about plans from whenever but the DoW is quite clear and unambiguous. This is reinforced by like 30 following comments. Really what the war is actually about over there is impossible to deny with any credibility. You can keep trying though.

You, in the general sense, are guily of precisely what you are accusing tS of. Its really really easy for anyone to figure out if they can read. Like I said elsewhere it is cool to try to obscure the facts and your spin is pretty good. But it is spin and the facts are a bit too clear and are publicly availible.

I'm guilty of bringing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) politics into PnW?...okay.

Edited by James II