Minor Announcement from Odd Squad

Ibrahim (Banned)

In that case he should quite shit-posting.

I don't expecting him to because metro has always been this way since I first started, however you being in my government I can at least trust you to behave, yes?

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

"Was" being the key word here.

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

If he was the one implementing a lot of the images produced for TKR then he will be a success.

He used a website for most of the effects, someone linked to it in our last DoW iirc

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Edit: TKR has shit score range. A !@#$ doughnut could roll them.

Something we're working on! Disagree about the doughnut though :P

Edited by Dalinar
  • Upvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Ibrahim being gov is the end of Odd Squads reputation

The only reputation I know of for odd squad is a reputation for shitposting announcements/drama a couple times a week anyway. No big change imo.

• Upvote 3

Ibrahim being gov is the end of Odd Squads reputation

I don't recall us having a real reputation to begin with.

Odd Squad had a positive reputation?

Thank you.

The only reputation I know of for odd squad is a reputation for shitposting announcements/drama a couple times a week anyway. No big change imo.

Exactly this doesn't really make a difference.

Edit: Isn't quite odd we've been a little quieter than most would expect? 

Edited by Ashwyn Traverse

Good luck, though I don't think having Ibrahim in your government is going to do you any good

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Something is telling me that I should know why Ibrahim left tkr? Did me and daliner do something?

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Good luck, though I don't think having Ibrahim in your government is going to do you any good

He's fine...geeze cut him slack, give him benefit of the doubt. Do you honestly see him worse than me. My personal rep alone is probably worse than his...
  • Upvote 1

Normally I'd dislike the change, but you know?  It's cool with me.  Outside of his OOC views of the world, he's not too bad.  Separate the off game comments from the in game.  I'd at least give him a chance if I was in a position to do so.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Normally I'd dislike the change, but you know? It's cool with me. Outside of his OOC views of the world, he's not too bad. Separate the off game comments from the in game. I'd at least give him a chance if I was in a position to do so.

I'm appreciative of this.

TIL Being outnumbered 10:1 causes you to take higher casualties. Who woulda thunk?

(Also, I held most infra destroyed for a month and still top 3 so I really don't care)

Edit: TKR has shit score range. A !@#$ doughnut could roll them.

Are you the same dude that got rolled hardcore by GPA and saved only by UPN stepping in? 

• Upvote 2

As the guy who kept Ibrahim from being kicked out of TKR multiple times, I'm going to offer some constructive criticism to Jihodd Squad.

(And yes, Ibrahim, without my help you would have been removed three times by now.)

Ibrahim, no matter how much he says he is joking or trolling or !@#$ around, not.  He will say "I am done" and then he will not be done; he will say that he will chill out and then he will jump right back in.  His tenacity will be both a curse and a strength - just look at his nation growth.  Very fast, very efficient, and well-done, and a team player ... but also he will jump the gun and keep going even after being told not to.  The key is to keep tabs on him - you've already seen in this thread that he has an itchy trigger finger.

Ibrahim, no matter how much you want to believe him, does not always tell the whole truth.  When asked about why he was zlined he lied, when asked about logs during an incident with some other dumb alliance he lied, when asked about getting into a row with another TKR member he lied.  Each time I had to get the truth from someone else before he would admit the truth, and even then he tried to spin it.  That makes him both the best PR guy (he could spin the sun to the color green) and the worst, because you will never be able to trust anything he says.

Normally I wouldn't comment on a player like this, but it's apparent that you don't know him too well if you're already having a public "hey behave" _in the very thread he created to announce his new job_.  I think when he's not talking about certain things he's a pleasant person, and I don't think he lies maliciously, but strategically to advance an agenda.  But ... he's also a huge burden to your PR.

For the record, we didn't kick Ibrahim.  We didn't pressure him to leave over his horrible PR image for TKR.  He lost an election and then lined up a job with this alliance before leaving, then jumped ship on the brink of war because he was upset that people didn't think he was a good job for a government position.  This is literally his way of getting into a government spot somewhere because the membership of TKR told him no.

All that having been said, I wish both him and you luck, and hope that he has a less controversial time with you than he did with us.

p.s., his graphics were pretty mediocre but at least they were consistent.

p.p.s., I'm going to get my shit chewed out by gov when they read this

Edited by Sargun
  • Upvote 4

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Noted, any official post on behalf of our alliance or official say from any part of our government must be ran through me and my co-leader anyway so not too much to worry about there. As far as the ooc parts of the forum, feel free to criticize him there. I am giving him a chance to prove himself as a player, and reliable government member, as I feel everyone deserves at least one chance. I do appreciate the advice, criticisms, praise and hate this has received. I took a risk (Member Title is Risky Biznu for a reason.) because I saw potential. This isn't exactly the first time I've stuck my neck out for other players, we can use the David King incident with Cobalt as a great example. Not only did I help David King, but Cobalt actually went from hating on us, to very good terms. (inb4 someone says Cobalt's praise isn't really great when Cobalt is kinda scummy.) 

I would suggest being a little bit more careful about where you choose to wash your dirty laundry in the future, as this is not the topic in which to do so. But since you posted it, I will give quick responses to some of the points you made, but it's best to continue this via PM.

Ibrahim, no matter how much he says he is joking or trolling or !@#$ around, not.  He will say "I am done" and then he will not be done; he will say that he will chill out and then he will jump right back in.  His tenacity will be both a curse and a strength - just look at his nation growth.  Very fast, very efficient, and well-done, and a team player ... but also he will jump the gun and keep going even after being told not to.  The key is to keep tabs on him - you've already seen in this thread that he has an itchy trigger finger.

This is somewhat accurate in a way, but not in the way you're phrasing it, as it usually takes someone else's actions to change a particular stance I have taken, for example, If I'm done = someone mentioning me in such a way that I feel obliged to respond.

Ibrahim, no matter how much you want to believe him, does not always tell the whole truth.  When asked about why he was zlined he lied, when asked about logs during an incident with some other dumb alliance he lied, when asked about getting into a row with another TKR member he lied.  Each time I had to get the truth from someone else before he would admit the truth, and even then he tried to spin it.  That makes him both the best PR guy (he could spin the sun to the color green) and the worst, because you will never be able to trust anything he says.

Normally I wouldn't comment on a player like this, but it's apparent that you don't know him too well if you're already having a public "hey behave" _in the very thread he created to announce his new job_.  I think when he's not talking about certain things he's a pleasant person, and I don't think he lies maliciously, but strategically to advance an agenda.  But ... he's also a huge burden to your PR.

Never read anything more false in all my life; I take great pride in always telling the truth and I have never lied about any of those things. We can continue this via PM if you want and I expect you to show me some evidence.

For the record, we didn't kick Ibrahim.  We didn't pressure him to leave over his horrible PR image for TKR.  He lost an election and then lined up a job with this alliance before leaving, then jumped ship on the brink of war because he was upset that people didn't think he was a good job for a government position.  This is literally his way of getting into a government spot somewhere because the membership of TKR told him no.

All that having been said, I wish both him and you luck, and hope that he has a less controversial time with you than he did with us.

p.s., his graphics were pretty mediocre but at least they were consistent.

p.p.s., I'm going to get my shit chewed out by gov when they read this

The election wasn't over and was a draw by the time I left (if government votes are excluded, as they should be, since it's meant to be "the people" electing their representative). I also explained the reasons why I was leaving very clearly In a thread I posted in the forum, and it had nothing to do with what you're claiming.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

Are you the same dude that got rolled hardcore by GPA and saved only by UPN stepping in?

"rolled"

I did more infra cost damage to them than they did to me so I accomplished what I wanted. The reason I stopped was because during the course of shitting on them for not playing the game, someone pointed out to me how I was being hypocritical by not playing the politics part myself. I therefor stopped to show I'm not, in fact, a hypocrite.

Nah jk, I was just bored.

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Noted, any official post on behalf of our alliance or official say from any part of our government must be ran through me and my co-leader anyway so not too much to worry about there. As far as the ooc parts of the forum, feel free to criticize him there. I am giving him a chance to prove himself as a player, and reliable government member, as I feel everyone deserves at least one chance. I do appreciate the advice, criticisms, praise and hate this has received. I took a risk (Member Title is Risky Biznu for a reason.) because I saw potential. This isn't exactly the first time I've stuck my neck out for other players, we can use the David King incident with Cobalt as a great example. Not only did I help David King, but Cobalt actually went from hating on us, to very good terms. (inb4 someone says Cobalt's praise isn't really great when Cobalt is kinda scummy.) 

I don't know shit about any of that, just giving you a heads up what to expect.  Good luck, brother.

• Upvote 1

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Khalifah, if you had simply refrained from trolling everyone on IRC channels and OWF, you'd have been a great member of our alliance. Either way, I hope you have fun with Odd Squad.

As for Odd Squad, good luck and congratulations!

• Upvote 2