Mensa HQ Declaration of War

Vanek26

To bring some decorum lets look at some stats.

Mensa HQ

Members: 61

Total Soldiers: 6,536,324
Total Tanks: 224,994
Total Aircraft: 37,988
Total Ships: 719
Total Missiles: 115
Total Nuclear Weapons: 1

Vanguard

Members: 37

Total Soldiers: 799,786
Total Tanks: 4,378
Total Aircraft: 999
Total Ships: 438
Total Missiles: 103
Total Nuclear Weapons: 8

Members: Mensa have 1.64 times what Vanguard has (24)
Total Soldiers: Mensa have 8.17 times what Vanguard has
Total Tanks: Mensa have 51.31 times what Vanguard has
Total Aircraft: Mensa have 38.02 times what Vanguard has
Total Ships: Mensa have 1.64 times what Vanguard has
Total Missiles: Mensa has 12 more
Total Nuclear Weapons: Vanguard has 7 more

From the figures Vanguard is overwhelmingly outmatched. You can't fight a conventional comeback if your opponent has 50 times your ground capability and 38 times your air capacity. 

Those with nuclear weapons will be the most effective for them while the rest will have to make do with missiles. For those unfortunate souls they will have to be content with having a limited stock of missiles that'll miss half the time. 

Yeah, I crossed a line.  Lost control of my temper bigtime.  I apologize to Pfeiffer and to Rebecca.  Wasn't cool of me.  Petty squabbling is to be expected, but there are lines we don't cross and I quickly crossed several in succession.  I sometimes lose my humanity on the internet because I can't see the people I'm impacting face to face.  I'm essentially an emotional ostrich.

And while my eggs are certainly not delicious, I can say that I am susceptible to the same mistakes as this noble bird.  Namely putting my head in the sand.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Making fun of someone's weight is really low class. Especially when they are actively taking steps (and succeeding) to manage and lose their excess weight.

Solid advice. 

Can't take life too seriously. You'll never make it out alive.

scSqPGJ.gif

That is good advice. Thought there is a difference between allowing someone make you feel bad about who you are, and choosing the lowest hanging fruit to try and make someone feel bad about themselves.

Should Pfeiffer have responded with a bit more resilience? Sure.

Does that excuse behavior intended solely to hurt and/or belittle him?. Not in my opinion.

I'm not saying this in response to the cb/ad...this is more in reference to the oink oink comments I've seen in this thread. I haven't seen any of the stuff that prompted this megathread

That is good advice. Thought there is a difference between allowing someone make you feel bad about who you are, and choosing the lowest hanging fruit to try and make someone feel bad about themselves.

Should Pfeiffer have responded with a bit more resilience? Sure.

Does that excuse behavior intended solely to hurt and/or belittle him?. Not in my opinion.

I'm not saying this in response to the cb/ad...this is more in reference to the oink oink comments I've seen in this thread. I haven't seen any of the stuff that prompted this megathread

No. I agree. But I feel like the whole thing is more of looking for an excuse for a CB, and they didn't even go after the offending party with it though.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Mensa HQ

Vanguard

From the figures Vanguard is overwhelmingly outmatched. You can't fight a conventional comeback if your opponent has 50 times your ground capability and 38 times your air capacity. 

Those with nuclear weapons will be the most effective for them while the rest will have to make do with missiles. For those unfortunate souls they will have to be content with having a limited stock of missiles that'll miss half the time. 

I didn't record the exact numbers, but I think Vanguard had maybe about 1/3 or 1/4 of Mensa's current forces at the start of the war, so Mensa has clearly been able to inflict very heavy damage in a short amount of time, essentially ending any chance Vanguard had of fighting a "conventional war" within a day.

No. I agree. But I feel like the whole thing is more of looking for an excuse for a CB, and they didn't even go after the offending party with it though.

That's what I find funny about this whole thing. They puff Rose up to be the bad guys yet don't go after them. In no way is this a good idea; even if they think they are humiliating them, Mensa is being stupid by giving Rose more time to militarize. We'll see what will happen in the coming days.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

Just to clarify, people got a hold of Pfeiffer's Instagram feed and snatched RL pics from there.  They did not come from the VIP section.  Even if it was just the from the RL pic thread in the VIP section it still would be a dick move.  This is why the VIP section is doomed, in my opinion, since many players don't get how to play a game for a game's sake and not try to make it personal.  Why the hell would someone post personal information in the VIP section if they fear it being used against them in any fashion?  That doesn't build "community," it DESTROYS community.

But what the hell do I know, right?  I'm just a 47-year-old father of two sets of twins living in Indiana.  It's not like I've been on the internet since 1993 or anything nor did I ever have a social life in college...

Keep being dicks to everyone.  It's not like good sportsmanship is rampant here anyway.

• Upvote 3

Priest of Dio

That's what I find funny about this whole thing. They puff Rose up to be the bad guys yet don't go after them. In no way is this a good idea; even if they think they are humiliating them, Mensa is being stupid by giving Rose more time to militarize. We'll see what will happen in the coming days.

I'm sure it was a 'tactical' thing, but who knows how definitions of alliances play out here.

First we need a legitimate CB, now we're not doing right with triggering treaties since the Great VE War saw to it that nobody really follows them to their definitions.

You're right though on allowing Rose to militarize, we'll see how it goes. We're ready.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

I wonder whether that might be caused by the disgusting amount of MDPs lying around and the general tendency of Orbis alliances to dogpile on someone even if they attack all by themselves. You know, maybe?

77oKn5K.png

But what the hell do I know, right? I'm just a 47-year-old father of two sets of twins living in Indiana. It's not like I've been on the internet since 1993 or anything nor did I ever have a social life in college...

Wow.... Indiana? I mean I could handle the two sets of twins and being old but Indiana? That's just... *shivers*...

• Upvote 2

Mensa HQ

Vanguard

Just to be clear, Rozalia's stats do not reflect the status before the war began. I think Memph is underestimating Vanguard's power, as well. They were the 13th ranked alliance, we were and remain 6th. Their top tier was so high that they were at the very top of the range for our top guys to uphit, and some of our strongest nations couldn't hit their top few guys at all. 

Edited by Avruch

Just to be clear, Rozalia's stats do not reflect the status before the war began. I think Memph is underestimating Vanguard's power, as well. They were the 8th ranked alliance, we were and remain 6th. Their top tier was so high that they were at the very top of the range for our top guys to uphit, and some of our strongest nations couldn't hit their top few guys at all. 

Yeah, my targets had significantly more military an hour or so before we attacked.

-signature removed for rules violation-

If we get a war out of this type of thing every time then I am totally making an add in a few months with Oblige's RL gorgeous brown eyed face and name on it.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, as they say.

q8nfyvc.gif

Just to be clear, Rozalia's stats do not reflect the status before the war began. I think Memph is underestimating Vanguard's power, as well. They were the 8th ranked alliance, we were and remain 6th. Their top tier was so high that they were at the very top of the range for our top guys to uphit, and some of our strongest nations couldn't hit their top few guys at all. 

they were the 13th ranked alliance

dpluao815a3.png

Yeah, my targets had significantly more military an hour or so before we attacked.

Yup. I'm not saying our attack was any kind of downhit, it wasn't. But Vanguard measured at half our total score, and 40% of our score from military. The ratio is skewed that high only because at the time Mensa was the most heavily militarized alliance in Orbis. Vanguard was also much more heavily powered at the top. We stretched to beat them there, and succeeded mostly because of a well coordinated attack and the extreme first mover advantage built into pnw. 

I'm Mensa's minister of war, for those who don't know and for whatever its worth. 

I didn't record the exact numbers, but I think Vanguard had maybe about 1/3 or 1/4 of Mensa's current forces at the start of the war, so Mensa has clearly been able to inflict very heavy damage in a short amount of time, essentially ending any chance Vanguard had of fighting a "conventional war" within a day.

Vanguard is fortunate they will be having people coming in to help sometime soon. However if a scenario (say the Rose fights everyone else but Mensa one) happens where Mensa can continue to put the same sort of pressure on them, then the damage dealt to taken ratio for them is going to get real bad. 

I don't feel like reading 19 pages. Rozalia, I hope you saw in that leak that I love you bb.

Let's be friends <3

I posted about it on page 15. Thanks again friend I really appreciate the kind words.

Sorry about that I should have specified. However as Memph said the figures at the start while better for Vanguard, were still horrible in comparisons to Mensa's. 

You guys were prepared and they weren't is my verdict. 

By the way Vanguard was actually ranked 13th at the time (now 14th).