So how would Orbis do in an alien invasion?

Thalmor

comm__xenonauts__comp_by_unrealsmoker-d5

I asked this in IRC chat and got some interesting answers, so then I thought I'd ask the forums.

Obviously, a lot of fighting would fall back onto the top 30 or so alliances. Small(er) alliances and nations not in alliances would get ate up (even more) quickly.

Would Orbis be able to unite into one big coalition, put aside past grievances, and push back against the alien tide? Or would some alliances side with the aliens for their own selfish interests? Or, as a third option, would there be a side that would just try to profit from the conflict as much as possible?

Edited by Thalmor
  • Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Side with the ayyliens and have many lmao's.

You can't defeat the ayyliens.

6ca.jpg

• Upvote 4

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Honestly it would be the first time all the alliances on the planet would become one army. and it's called Humanity. I think there should be an alien invasion event to see how Orbis would actually handle the situation having an extraterrestrial force that would be more advanced than all of us. 

If aliens invaded Earth, we'd probably kill each other from diseases. It would probably be similar to what happened in the 1500s when the New World was discovered, and then a bunch of native people died from smallpox and influenza. In other words, we'd be too sick to fight.

This is very small

WHEN aliens invade, humanity will be facing a race that can travel the stars.

That said, it never occurs to them to use atomic reactions for anything other than a convenient way to warm food in the dead cold of space.

• Upvote 1

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

I would take the zombies analyze them, make a cure, then spray the disease over every single country that's not infected and only distribute the cure to our own citizens/Terradoxians so that we are the last surviving country/alliance on Earth.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

We already had one. 

It ended after the smarter ones jumped ship/left the game and the rest got rolled by UPN.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It would go terrible.

First they'd complain about the aliens not having a CB, and then when the aliens will attempt to communicate on the forums the mods would ban them for not posting in-character. 

Hahahahahahahaha

• Downvote 1

xenonaut__dog_fight_by_henryponciano-d64

Would conventional military aircraft (I.E. the same kind you build from an air force base in-game) be good enough to take down alien aircraft? Or would we have to adapt, evolve, etc, and try to match the technology? Or save our aircraft for later, and try to make best of what we can with infantry?

Would missiles be effective? What about nuclear weapons?

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png