Which superpower would you have?

Spite

Just thought I'd post since it's all quiet at the minute...

There is a plethora of superhero movies out there now, and there will be more. In light of this, what superpower would you have?

To make things slightly interesting, I'll specify a few ground rules:

1. No God-powers. Superman etc is just lazy writing and everything always ends with deus ex machina

2. No invulnerability (kind of covered by 1) - you can have a power to dodge bullets but being able to dodge tactical nukes or whatever is just stupid

Let's hear it :P

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

The speak every language one would be great. That's the kind of thing I'm after, stuff that is genuinely interesting. For example you could write an entire book about a guy who could speak any language, it would be p cool. Inventive stuff like that is awesome.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I have a few I like...

1. Being able to read, write, speak and understand every single language

2. Telekinesis. Moving things with your mind sounds awesome.

3. Super-sexyness. Being able to bed any woman I wanted. Even the lesbians :) (insert giggity here)

Reading minds, but the kind Professor X and Jean Grey had after they trained, not the early OMG I HEAR EVERYTHING version.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Teleportation. Would be great to go wherever I wanted in the blink of an eye. 

Teleport into a bank and steal some money. Teleport to the Great Wall. Teleport to Chipotle. 

I use to be a huge role-play guy back in the day. One game was DC/Marvel Superhero. You get "X" amount of points that would go toward developing your character's superpowers. So I developed a guy who was super intelligent (had that power active at all times), then had super invisibility....I mean not just to sight, but to sound, motion, temperature, and leaving bodily traces (i.e. no footprints or fingerprints). After all that, I had a few points left over so I took the minimum teleportation (out to about 60 feet). Those powers were activated powers. I played him as a young 20-ish punk kid who robbed banks either using the invis/teleport, or from a computer with his super intell and IT/security systems skills. He was pretty cool.

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Being able to read, write, speak and understand every single language

That's a good one, I think I'd take that.

Cracked had a good video about this once, and they made a good point that superpowers aren't all that great if you could only have one (flying without super speed would be slow, jumping or super speed without invulnerability would kill you, teleportation or invisibility wouldn't extend to clothing, etc.). They concluded that ultimately time manipulation would be best:

http://www.cracked.com/video_18289_the-best-super-power-is-not-what-you-think.html

But yeah, I'd take fluency in every language.

VEsig3.png

I'd go with a combo of never aging and time travel. I have all the time in the world to learn everything possible and I can go experience any event in time. I can even fast forward to the end of time. The never age thing also gives me time to master whatever I want.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Invisibility... I know oh so Original. I just wanna play tricks on people!

Yeah right.  You want to snoop in on people.

For me?

Flight, Teleportation, the knowledge of speaking fluently and comprehending all languages, "Daredevil" type Superhuman senses ( Except I'd actually like to keep my sight )

It's really hard to pick one.  Probably Teleportation, if it involves moving from places that I've been to.

• Downvote 1

World travel, because this world is just not enough fun. I mean, what will I do once I've completely subdued, conquered and consumed this world? I would like to conquer 7 other worlds and go kill that pesky Hero of the Shield, his pet tanuki Hero of the Hammer, that stupid womanizing Hero of the Spear and that traitorous Hero of the Fan.

Once I'm done with that, I'll have one of my puppets kill that God Slayer Arc too.