5/3/2015 - Issues with Generated Money

Alex

Long as the people who donated get there credits back....i say roll it back...cuz that exploit is a game breaker.

• Upvote 4

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

We have a whole bunch of new players who just started playing the game. They're still excited and getting used to the slow pace. If you take what we *Barely* have and roll it back most of us will have nothing and many will likely get discouraged and quit. 

Will we have to re-form the alliance? Will their accounts get deleted? Will *my* account get deleted? 

Neitz ^.^'

~ m r . s k e l t a l ~ Madame Galactic Overlord Nietzschelloo, Leader of the Charming Friends Alliance

doot doot. thank.

2jc8ujc.png

If there is a server reset, will you delete the accounts which didn't exist at the time of the backup?

You risk not just taking recent infrastructure upgrades from people, but instead actually losing players if you do this. The damage is done, no need to make it worse.

That was not even the issue I was addressing. I was stating that losing a factory or an infrastructure upgrade that one made over the last couple of days (like the majority of the player base) is not the end of the world, but this will cause significant frustration for newer players who might just give up entirely.

Will their accounts still exist if they didn't at the date of the roll back? Will you delete all the new players?

We have a whole bunch of new players who just started playing the game. They're still excited and getting used to the slow pace. If you take what we *Barely* have and roll it back most of us will have nothing and many will likely get discouraged and quit. 

Will we have to re-form the alliance? Will their accounts get deleted? Will *my* account get deleted? 

So you would prefer billions of dollars floating around that shouldn't exist? You would prefer 4 day old nations to be ranked #1?

I mean, if you're only a few days old, you have nothing to lose anyway. Besides that, it's not like you're being punished or anything. We ALL will lose shit. Your fear of losing a few measly days of work should not prevent the game as whole from receiving a much needed fix. Without a roll back, the game is fundamentally broken and not worth playing at all. Unless of course, you enjoy a broken game.

If there is a server reset, will you delete the accounts which didn't exist at the time of the backup?

You risk not just taking recent infrastructure upgrades from people, but instead actually losing players if you do this. The damage is done, no need to make it worse.

Yes, the damage is done. Unfortunately that damage has not just damaged the game, but broken it.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I just made a city :(

But to address those worried about a rollback, I'm sure Sheepy will rollback the game in a way so that your accounts will still exist. I know it's frustrating, but you can explain to them that this is a one-time thing.

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

If people are seriously going to quit over losing 4 days of a slow-ass game, then they probably would quit after a couple weeks or their first war anyway.

I would just tell them that they may have learned some of the game dynimics better and should have a more efficient start.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

If people are seriously going to quit over losing 4 days of a slow-ass game, then they probably would quit after a couple weeks or their first war anyway.

People quitting a game they've been playing for less than a week is not the same as people quitting a game they've been playing for weeks and are invested in. This game already has issues with people quitting why harm the player base further?

• Upvote 1

Neitz ^.^'

~ m r . s k e l t a l ~ Madame Galactic Overlord Nietzschelloo, Leader of the Charming Friends Alliance

doot doot. thank.

2jc8ujc.png

I would just tell them that they may have learned some of the game dynimics better and should have a more efficient start.

This ^  It's not like you lose much from a few days starting out in a nation, I would've killed for a better start. When the game's been messed up to this extent, everyone who actively participated in the glitch should be banned, and there should be a rollback done.

Edited by Vosunda
  • Upvote 1

People quitting a game they've been playing for less than a week is not the same as people quitting a game they've been playing for weeks and are invested in. This game already has issues with people quitting why harm the player base further?

It's pretty simple and I'm not sure how you haven't realized it yet.....

It's what needs to be done. <--That's why.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Long as the people who donated get there credits back....i say roll it back...cuz that exploit is a game breaker.

That's just crap. I wouldn't buy credits if I knew I can't get rid of them. If rollback goes to a day before May 1st, we should get our credits redeemed.

Edited by Ryu

I guess I am just asking if there's a way to do this without totally demolishing brand new nations/alliances?

Probably not. I'm v new to this game so *of course* there are things I don't understand about it yet. I'm just trying to get a good idea of how this is going to go down and hope that my voice is heard. If it still happens, it happens and of course we'll have to deal accordingly but if I don't say anything then no one will know. :) 

Neitz ^.^'

doot doot. thank.

2jc8ujc.png

It's pretty simple and I'm not sure how you haven't realized it yet.....

It's what needs to be done. <--That's why.

Their leader is a cheat anyway.  He left Mensa (formerly Kid_A), made a new account and funnelled funds to it.  There's also another nation on the same ID.  Making out he's a hard done by new player is pretty far from the truth.

I'm also about to run out of uranium :S

[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

Rollback givvin us all 4 days of earned taxes...and make sure those of us that have donated get our credits back, and i say lets do it...lets fix the game without hurting everyone in the process. Well cept tje confirmed cheaters...ban em

• Upvote 2

Esteemed janitor for Church of Cynic ~ may i clean the hearts of men with my blessed toilet brush.

And if all of our players quit, not wanting to re-do the tedious first days?

It's good that you've brought this to others' attention, but this can be handled by giving new players either a pre-set nation or a large starting bonus as compensation for the costs of rollback.

Sleepy could easily roll the game back 4 days and then give people 4 days worth of "turns" in income or whatever as it were. This might help mitigate the damage for new players. 

Also, this creates some serious issues for credit buyers since the rollback coincides with the month end and the change in credit redemption rules. If you purchased and sold credits in April, do you get those credit purchases refunded in light of the rule change? Or does he roll back the rule change for May? Both options seem very tedious. 

The credit database can be reverted to April 30th, with bonuses reverted to April status. Payments made can be tracked individually and then applied to users after the reversion.

If the game gets rolled back. It will do no major damage other than buying some stuff back and also #BanPolPot2015

If your code sucks it's not the fault of the users for finding out that the code sucks. And as I've said before, exploits many times occupy a grey area between creativity and degeneracy; it's the players' job to find optimal strategies and if the optimal strategy is gamebreaking, why punish them for that?