Multiple Announcements from the Guerrilla Republik

I80ieha.png

Good afternoon Orbis,

I come before you today with multiple announcements.

First and foremost, The Republik has recently made some changes to our internal structure. Until today, we have not had an official charter nor an official government structure for that matter. As we're growing, and will continue to do so, we decided it would be best to add some laws and structure within our ranks. Although these changes do not really change how the Republik has operated from the beginning, we felt it it is in our best interest to now have it in writing.

As of today, March 15, 2015, the official charter of the Guerrilla Republik is as follows:

Guerrilla Republik Charter

Introduction

We, the nations of the Guerrilla Republik, agree to promote national sovereignty, defend our fellow nations against outside aggression and advance the Guerrilla way of life to the world.

Article I: Admission to the Republik

Any nation wishing to join the Guerrilla Republik must first complete the application on the Republiks off-site forums and apply ingame. After the nation has applied, the nation is subject to a period of interviewing and questioning from the Republiks membership. The interview and questioning period will last no longer than 7 days, at which point a membership vote will begin. Admission voting is open to all members of the Republik.

Article II: Structure of the Republik

The Commanding Officer (CO or "Commander") is the Sovereign of the alliance. As such, the Commander has the sole power over the affairs of the alliance, although such powers can be delegated to others. The Commander serves for life or until resignation. Every Commander is appointed by their predecessor and ascends to the throne upon the termination of the latter's reign. In the absence of the Commander, the Envoy shall execute the duties of the Commander.

The Commander can create any office and appoint any member to that office at his or her sole discretion. The Commander can delegate power to said office to the extent that the Commander deems appropriate. Such offices may, at the Commander's discretion, create subordinate positions, delegate power to said positions and appoint members to them. The Commander is the final authority on all matters and as such, any office, position or policy within the alliance may be altered or removed at the Commanders will.

Article III: Expulsion from the Republik

Any nation member can submit a motion to expel a fellow member from the Republik. In order for the motion to carry, a supermajority (defined herein as 75% + 1) of the voting nations must vote in favor of the expulsion. There will be a time limit of 48 hours on expulsion votes and the expulsion will be carried as long as the nations who vote equal at least 10% +1 of the Republiks membership. The Commander can not be expelled from the Republik. The Commander can pardon any nation from expulsion. The Commander can also expel members on his own initiative, without a vote.

Article IV: Amendments to the Charter

Any nation can submit a motion to amend the Charter. Discussion will take place for a period of no less than 8 hours but no more than 48 hours. If a supermajority (defined herein as 75% + 1) of the voting nations voice support for the amendment before the 48 hour time limit is reached then the motion will be considered passed and carried as long as the nations who vote equal at least 10% +1 of the Republiks membership. Each change to the charter mentioned in an Article IV amendment motion requires a separate vote for each change within the Article IV amendment thread for each change to be considered passed and carried.

With this new charter, the position of the Commanding Officer has been entrusted by the Republiks membership to make the most important decisions in the best interest of our alliance. One of those important decisions is to appoint a governing body to assist with the day to day operations of our organization. 

Without further adieu, the (not so new members, but new fancy titles) governing body and chain-of-command of the Guerrilla Republik is:

Commanding Officer: Commander Cynic (aka Psycho)

Executive Officer: XO MrHiott

Field Marshal: FM RagnarBuliwyf

Economist: Dre4m (aka Jon)

I would like to thank NationRuler and Craig (Hagbard Celine) for their duties serving in our governing body up until this point. I will be granting these two members with the title of "Senior Advisor" where they will continue to assist in the growth and success of the Republik becoming special advisors to myself and MrHiott.

Our last and final announcement here today is something, we feel, shouldn't need to be said but continues to be a problem.

The Official Guerrilla Republik Raid Policy

Any nation that attacks the Guerrilla Republik, or her protectorates and/or colonies, will be expected to pay reparations for the damages caused, which may include losses taken by the Republik for militarization of any nations due to the attack as well as any lost revenue suffered by the attacked nation. Any nation or alliance who harbors a nation that refuses to pay reparations, will be considered an enemy of the Republik and dealt with accordingly. While diplomacy will always be used first, it is not always as effective as we'd like it be.

The Guerrilla Republik does not promote attacking of aligned nations (alliances are considered 5 or more members), and as such we will also hold ourselves to these standards as well. Any GR nation found to be raiding an aligned nation will be required to pay for damages caused, revenue losses, militarization costs and other fees as determined by the Commander and the attacked alliances government. 

I really hate that is has come to having to announce this, but it seems almost every other day I am having to approach this alliance, or that alliance, discussing this issues, debating whether reps should be paid, or how much and why. This is our policy. We will defend this policy as we do any other. 

This concludes our announcement. Have a good day, Orbis. :)

Nice gov you got there.

Can your economist tell me what his inflation projections are for the markets?  :P

Haha thanks pincy. Not so much rules but just complete tyranny from me in writing. 

You ever going to look at the PM I sent you? O.o

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

• 2 weeks later...