Who are the big "rivals" in Orbis?

Hello,

Granted I've been on the game several months now but haven't really discovered much outside of my AA. However, since I enjoy storylines that actually happen in-game (haven't really caught on to the whole RP thing without in-game action), I'd love to know who are the big rivals around Orbis? A lot of the top AAs I see have a bunch of treaties with other top alliances so who really hits who or who has a lot of tension with who?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

From the years I have been around I perhaps could attest to The Knight Radiant (TKR) and The Syndicate (T$) being strong rivals. They have been in opposing spheres and opposite sides of wars a multitude of times. And this rivalry doesn't go back a year or two, it goes back close to a decade. 

Edited by Kosta
Grammer
  • Thanks 1

The largest current rivalry is probably between the SALE (Syndicate) and CIS (Singularity) spheres. It's been going on for quite a while now and three of the last four (4/5?) major wars have been either completely centered around or included the conflict between these two, these being Darkest Hour, Dodge This, and Global War 30 (some will split that last one into two, I don't think that makes too much sense). You can find pretty much everything I say here on the wiki with Declarations of War and other drama linked.

Unless it's longer than I know, the conflict dates back to when t$ cut off Cataclysm (who merged with Paradise to form Singularity) when Cata and Paradise hit Midgard (old bloc that had Aurora (m. w/ CTO to become EVH) and The Immortals). Claiming that their allies went in without their agreement, t$ gave Cata their 72 hour grace period before the treaty would be cut. However during that time, Eclipse hit these two alliances in defense of Midgard, and t$ did not defend Cata on the basis that they had violated their treaty by going in without t$' approval. Once the war between Cata-Para and Midgard+Eclipse was over, t$ signed Eclipse. It was a pretty controversial move for most people, and was the CB for Cata's entry into Darkest Hour, where Eclipse and t$ got rolled. It's been a state of perma-war since then I believe, and both sides accuse the other of maintaining that state. Some people may disagree with this POV, I'm an ex-t$ member that tries to stay on good terms with them still, you can ask SIN members for theirs if you wish. Overall the rivalry has gone on for too long imo, it's getting pretty boring, @FA please hug each other immediately.

Edited by Themonia
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Take no comment seriously

15 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

Aurora/EVH have been constantly at odds with Cata/Sing. t$ vs Guardian & Grumpy, historically. Eclipse vs Rose.  

Back in my day we got along with Cata in a bloc called Clock. Now @BettaChecka bullies me sometimes and is friendly other times. It's very confusing.

• Haha 2

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Rose only recognizes one rival, refer to the rivals to lovers story of Rose and Mensa HQ. 😌

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Jesus Prime said:

Nah the true OG rivals must be Guardian and Rose.

Who lives in in Guardian, so it checks out 💞

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

21 hours ago, Kosta said:

From the years I have been around I perhaps could attest to The Knight Radiant (TKR) and The Syndicate (T$) being strong rivals. They have been in opposing spheres and opposite sides of wars a multitude of times. And this rivalry doesn't go back a year or two, it goes back close to a decade. 

...huh?

1 hour ago, Kurdanak said:

Rose only recognizes one rival, refer to the rivals to lovers story of Rose and Mensa HQ. 😌

giphy.gif

Who lives in in Guardian, so it checks out 💞

Don't worry.  Someday we'll bring this back.

In terms of the alliances that have fought each other more often, Rose and t$ are probably the biggest historical rivals on Orbis. However, TKR and Rose have duked it out quite a lot as well.

In terms of current power dynamics I'd say it's more or less a competition between Eclipse, Rose and TKR, where Eclipse have consistently been better for a while now.

The current meta is pretty interesting, since there's 5 alliances that are able to make power plays: those 3 + Singularity and t$, which is a much better situation than the bipolarity we had when NPO were around.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 2:50 PM, Themonia said:

The largest current rivalry is probably between the SALE (Syndicate) and CIS (Singularity) spheres. It's been going on for quite a while now and three of the last four (4/5?) major wars have been either completely centered around or included the conflict between these two, these being Darkest Hour, Dodge This, and Global War 30 (some will split that last one into two, I don't think that makes too much sense). You can find pretty much everything I say here on the wiki with Declarations of War and other drama linked.

Unless it's longer than I know, the conflict dates back to when t$ cut off Cataclysm (who merged with Paradise to form Singularity) when Cata and Paradise hit Midgard (old bloc that had Aurora (m. w/ CTO to become EVH) and The Immortals). Claiming that their allies went in without their agreement, t$ gave Cata their 72 hour grace period before the treaty would be cut. However during that time, Eclipse hit these two alliances in defense of Midgard, and t$ did not defend Cata on the basis that they had violated their treaty by going in without t$' approval. Once the war between Cata-Para and Midgard+Eclipse was over, t$ signed Eclipse. It was a pretty controversial move for most people, and was the CB for Cata's entry into Darkest Hour, where Eclipse and t$ got rolled. It's been a state of perma-war since then I believe, and both sides accuse the other of maintaining that state. Some people may disagree with this POV, I'm an ex-t$ member that tries to stay on good terms with them still, you can ask SIN members for theirs if you wish. Overall the rivalry has gone on for too long imo, it's getting pretty boring, @FA please hug each other immediately.

Global War 30 had more to do with our issues with Aurora than Syndicate. Syndicate just made it about themselves for whatever reason. Keegoz even when barely active lives rent free in their heads. It's become comical at this point honestly.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

3 hours ago, Husam al-Ghazawi said:

So far you all have answered something around The Syndicate being involved in one side or another...what makes a lot of the conflict center around them? Leaks? Drama? Just unprovoked hits? 

Well, they're one of the historic alliances of P&W that are still around, the other 2 being Rose and TKR. You also have the likes of Guardian, but they're not as large, and are usually low profile, not necessarily making power plays, but being involved in pretty much every global war nontheless.

Essentially t$ became the most influential alliance in the game after a war called Oktoberfest, where UPN were their biggest rivals. From then on, Syndisphere became the dominating sphere in the game, even though their enemies usually outnumbered them. t$, Mensa, TKR, BK and Guardian were all in the same sphere, and all of them were good at war.

Then TKR outgrew t$ and became the main powerhouse in the game till Knightfall, where the psheres looked a bit different. Afterwards we had NPOLT, which was the war where NPO tried to cheat their way into winning the game, failing miserably. Since then, the aforementioned historic powerhouses (Rose, t$ and TKR) continued being the most influential alliances in the game, although t$ went through a rough patch pretty much till their current leader Tarroc took over.

Finally, during the past few years, Eclipse emerged as one of the main alliances in the game, consistently being the most successful big alliance, having only lost 1 war so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Husam al-Ghazawi said:

So far you all have answered something around The Syndicate being involved in one side or another...what makes a lot of the conflict center around them? Leaks? Drama? Just unprovoked hits? 

As INH said, a pretty big reason that a lot of conflict is centered around T$ is that there aren't many alliances that have held onto a position of power for as long as they have. When TKR was created in 2015, it was T$ that was protecting them. Having been around for so long with so many competitors (your #45 micro can literally only get in so much drama; people just don't care that much about them, no matter how many incidents they cause) will cause a lot of conflict that sticks in history. The part about Cata and Eclipse that I mentioned is a pretty rare example of such a blunder that I'm able to cite it to you despite not having even played when it happened, the rest just occur with time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Well, they're one of the historic alliances of P&W that are still around, the other 2 being Rose and TKR. You also have the likes of Guardian, but they're not as large, and are usually low profile, not necessarily making power plays, but being involved in pretty much every global war nontheless.

Essentially t$ became the most influential alliance in the game after a war called Oktoberfest, where UPN were their biggest rivals. From then on, Syndisphere became the dominating sphere in the game, even though their enemies usually outnumbered them. t$, Mensa, TKR, BK and Guardian were all in the same sphere, and all of them were good at war.

Then TKR outgrew t$ and became the main powerhouse in the game till Knightfall, where the psheres looked a bit different. Afterwards we had NPOLT, which was the war where NPO tried to cheat their way into winning the game, failing miserably. Since then, the aforementioned historic powerhouses (Rose, t$ and TKR) continued being the most influential alliances in the game, although t$ went through a rough patch pretty much till their current leader Tarroc took over.

Finally, during the past few years, Eclipse emerged as one of the main alliances in the game, consistently being the most successful big alliance, having only lost 1 war so far.

Great info, thank you.

34 minutes ago, Themonia said:

As INH said, a pretty big reason that a lot of conflict is centered around T$ is that there aren't many alliances that have held onto a position of power for as long as they have. When TKR was created in 2015, it was T$ that was protecting them. Having been around for so long with so many competitors (your #45 micro can literally only get in so much drama; people just don't care that much about them, no matter how many incidents they cause) will cause a lot of conflict that sticks in history. The part about Cata and Eclipse that I mentioned is a pretty rare example of such a blunder that I'm able to cite it to you despite not having even played when it happened, the rest just occur with time.

Thank you for the info!

On 3/26/2024 at 12:53 PM, Thalmor said:

Me and the shower.

this is why you dont have a girl, thal

On 3/25/2024 at 2:20 PM, Themonia said:

The largest current rivalry is probably between the SALE (Syndicate) and CIS (Singularity) spheres.

sale? what are they selling, lmao

2 hours ago, Tartarus said:

MDPs to nanos

Edited by Themonia
micro was an overstatement

16 hours ago, Tartarus said:

I'm so glad you asked, and thank you for contacting our SALEs Department. We sell flips through prompt guide all manner of trinkets, treaties, and merce- ha, whoops don't know why that's listed there. As I was saying, you can also choose from our wide selection of flips more human souls..? Hang on, I think I grabbed the wrong sales guide.. let me get back to you on this. click

4 hours ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

image.png.07d50fddd914837149b77c49d36ce0f3.png

My bets are on the hydrogen bomb. Unless, of course, the coughing baby represents SALE. Then I am contractually obligated to place all bets on the coughing baby.

• Haha 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 hour ago, Jacob Knox said:

My bets are on the hydrogen bomb. Unless, of course, the coughing baby represents SALE. Then I am contractually obligated to place all bets on the coughing baby.

Ambiguity is a beautiful thing 

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2024 at 9:12 PM, Jacob Knox said:

Back in my day we got along with Cata in a bloc called Clock. Now @BettaChecka bullies me sometimes and is friendly other times. It's very confusing.

You should rejoin ma and save it from the hands of Ms Autism (piggy). EVH won't last under her tyranny.

• Haha 1

BettaChecka

Nation Link

High Gov Milcom - Singularity

True Leaders of Singularity.png