War Rewrite, Test Server Tournament, and Loads of Other Changes! - June 2023 Update

Village

this is hot also the war changes are so pretty I can't wait to manage wars with it.

shadows are all colors of the rainbow, just blocked by an object, we hide in those shadows, and we hide in those dark valleys every night and day they have a shadow in them

• Village featured this topic
1 hour ago, namukara said:

This is way too many changes to be included in one post. Please split them to make it easier for players to critique each.

There have been multiple posts discussing different portions of all of these changes. Players had plenty of opportunities to critique most components of this post.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

Just now, Jacob Knox said:

There have been multiple posts discussing different portions of all of these changes. Players had plenty of opportunities to critique most components of this post.

And we should continue to do so; just because they've been approved for testing and eventual live deployment (minus the consumption crap) doesn't mean they are good ideas, should be treated as such, or that we should resign our objections. The implementation of the PnW Welfare System is another addition to the pile of worst ideas ever that have plagued this game.

I try to be fair and open minded and there are several aspects to this update that I hate, others I love, but as a whole, with it all considered as one unit, I'm disappointed.

Edited by Malakai
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Malakai said:

And we should continue to do so; just because they've been approved for testing and eventual live deployment (minus the consumption crap) doesn't mean they are good ideas, should be treated as such, or that we should resign our objections. The implementation of the PnW Welfare System is another addition to the worst ideas ever.

I'm not knocking constructive criticism. I'm just saying that stating something along the lines of "this post is too long for me to read it all and critique every part of it" is bs when there have been plenty of opportunities to voice opinions on the individual subjects of this post in their own posts and there is still opportunity to do so here. But that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

Tier 4 and 3 bug reports, reward is very small. Login Bonus, but guess still worth mentioning if seen. Consumption increase on uranium barely matters. (Deleting inactives will have a bigger effect on prices than that.)

Overall looks positive, the changes. (Give people credits for reporting bugs if you want to make it more worthwhile, but helping the game is reason enough.)

Most interesting change is the war change though. So an immense triumph on the ground can make them lose air superiority. Does it break a blockade though?

Edited by Anarchist Empire
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Anarchist Empire said:

Tier 4 and 3 bug reports, reward is very small.

I mean... they are just typos and minor errors/bugs. In my opinion, the reward for a typo shouldn't even be $2m lol, but I understand wanting to reward players for contributing.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

28 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

I'm not knocking constructive criticism. I'm just saying that stating something along the lines of "this post is too long for me to read it all and critique every part of it" is bs when there have been plenty of opportunities to voice opinions on the individual subjects of this post in their own posts and there is still opportunity to do so here. But that's just my opinion.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I do hope this moves our economy into a better position.

Edited by Malakai
  • Like 1

Just now, Jacob Knox said:

I mean... they are just typos and minor errors/bugs. In my opinion, the reward for a typo shouldn't even be $2m lol, but I understand wanting to reward players for contributing.

Yeah, still takes time to report it. Doesn't really matter, just if they wanted people to go out of their way looking for those. Higher would motivate people more, but if people just see it, doesn't really matter.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Anarchist Empire said:

Most interesting change is the war change though. So an immense triumph on the ground can make them lose air superiority. Does it break a blockade though?

How does a ground IT break AS for all wars? I don’t see that in the update.

I know an air IT already does. Under the new system, will an air IT drop IT down on the opponent one step in every war? Same question for blockades- a naval IT breaks blockade in every war, does it just go down one step? 

Just now, MBaku said:

How does a ground IT break AS for all wars? I don’t see that in the update.

I know an air IT already does. Under the new system, will an air IT drop IT down on the opponent one step in every war? Same question for blockades- a naval IT breaks blockade in every war, does it just go down one step? 

For individual wars, it says an immense triumph reduces theirs for all wars. That's the point of having 2 tiers, so you can afford a loss and maintain it. (This could be good maybe though. Will make war more using everything, rather than one strategy.)

Edited by Anarchist Empire