War Rewrite, Test Server Tournament, and Loads of Other Changes! - June 2023 Update

Village

On 6/16/2023 at 6:30 PM, Village said:

• Nukes now kill four improvements per attack.

• 2 of these improvements can be any improvement.
    • 2 of these improvements are any non-power plant, non-military improvement.
      • In the effect 2 such improvements are not available, the remaining improvement destructions can target any improvement.

If Nukes are going to be like this, the immunity needs to be removed.  Especially with Spies going public too.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

If Nukes are going to be like this, the immunity needs to be removed.  Especially with Spies going public too.

If nuke immunity is removed nukes are completely useless since they’ll get spied away within seconds or at most minutes, making it impossible to really nuke anyone unless you’re a keyboard ninja.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Nukes have slowly gotten weaker as the game grows. This is a needed buff imo.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:04 PM, Village said:

If nuke immunity is removed nukes are completely useless since they’ll get spied away within seconds or at most minutes, making it impossible to really nuke anyone unless you’re a keyboard ninja.

Important to keep spies up, or don’t buy the nuke till you have the MAPs to use it.

There are ways around it.

Right now nuke turret nations are annoying because there’s no possible counter to them.

You can eliminate all the spies, zero out their infrastructure, blockade them, and they can still have enough resources to buy Nukes/Missiles without you being able to loot them.  Within a single battle, you’re guaranteed 2 Nukes.  The daily bonus plus the cash limit you can loot is enough to cover that “free” damage.

Normally it’s only an annoying issue as it is, but doubling their improvement damage now?  With all the safety of the resources and immunity?

Thats a bit much imo.

21 hours ago, Keegoz said:

Nukes have slowly gotten weaker as the game grows. This is a needed buff imo.

I don’t disagree that Nukes/missiles need a buff, but it’s quite a bit with the current safety of resources and immunity.

Adjust the safety net if you’re going to buff them imo.

• Developer
17 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Important to keep spies up, or don’t buy the nuke till you have the MAPs to use it.

You can't keep spies up if you've lost the spy war and now are resorting to nukes, and sure don't buy them until then but people will time it down to the seconds so as I said you need to be a keyboard ninja for it to work out.

15 hours ago, Jayrred24 said:

When Will We Be Able To Declare War Again??

Should be very soon, I'm working through deployment stuff now.

3 hours ago, Village said:

You can't keep spies up if you've lost the spy war and now are resorting to nukes, and sure don't buy them until then but people will time it down to the seconds so as I said you need to be a keyboard ninja for it to work out.

And that’s a problem??

• Developer
Just now, Buorhann said:

And that’s a problem??

There's a reason it's not? It lets winners sit on losers even more than present, they have zero immunity or any chance of dealing any damage.

3 hours ago, Village said:

There's a reason it's not? It lets winners sit on losers even more than present, they have zero immunity or any chance of dealing any damage.

You can still missile and nuke, if you save up your MAPs and buy it at the right time.  (I would also argue other points to counter this mindset, but I'm sticking to the topic here)

Here's another example.

I could literally declare war on...  say...  @Don Juan.  He's a big boy in the game.  Sitting at 51 cities, 2850 Infra per.  To my 31 cities, 2500 Infra per.  And he has a military.

He can't declare on me though.  He's too big.

If I declare on him, he can wipe out my spies, wipe out my military, and even beige me.  He cannot stop me from nuking him twice, at the very least.  If he doesn't pay attention to his own MAPs to beige me quickly, I could probably squeeze in another nuke or missile.

That's easy statpadding damage right there.  He can't spy away nukes, he can't loot away all my resources to prevent buying nukes, and the daily bonus will ensure that I have enough cash accumulated to buy nukes (Or resources).  Sure, he can accumulate enough resources to build his cities back, but he cannot stop me from nuke turreting him over... and over...  and over.

I don't have to watch my MAPs.  I'm guaranteed at least 2 nukes on him as long as I check in once a day for 2 days of war.

Let's expand on this idea and how ridiculous it can be.  Any war, the alliance can easily go guerilla warfare with this idea.  We seen it happen with the conflict KT was in recently, when they ate something like 300+ nukes.  There's nothing they could do about that.  It can't be stopped.  There's no counter to it.

Any alliance can do this if they have the basic communication skills to tell their members "Hey, just nuke them since we lost the conventional war."

And now it's 4 Improvements gone per nuke.  Let's add in the beige change too while we're at it.  Beige doesn't tick down till all defensive wars are ended?  So I can declare war on a player who has invested a lot of time and effort into building up his nation, being a "whale" in the game, and just target him out.  I would get countered, but...  that doesn't stop me.  If they happen to beige me?  That's fine, that's more time to accumulate daily bonuses and resources to declare again with.  If they don't beige me?  That's more nukes.

Is that really fair for the defender?  They have to watch their MAPs and time it right to beige me quickly, but I don't have to watch mine.  Yet your argument is that it's not fair for me to have to watch mine (As the nuker) otherwise it'll just get spied quickly as soon as I buy it?  That's the risk.  That's the counter to it.

You can't buff something without adjusting preexisting things to balance it out effectively.  Nukes and Missiles definitely need a buff, but all the past year changes need to be looked at it too.  Daily Bonus, Cash Loot limit, MAP usage, Resource Cost adjustments, etc.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Buorhann said:

We seen it happen with the conflict KT was in recently, when they ate something like 300+ nukes. 

That is 1200 improvement slots, in my nation alone I have 2880 improvement slots, all those nukes wouldn't even have killed half my slots.  To be honest if it was up to me, I would have made it so it kills 5 improvement slots.

There are ways to stop a nuker, but as we are not allies, i am not going to say it in public against possible future opponents.

also for clarity to make sure i understand on of the changes, the VDS makes is so only only 1 improvement destroyed can be military/power, and 3 will kill whatever else. or is it 1 improvement can be military/power, and 2 other random improvements can be killed.

3 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

There are ways to stop a nuker, but as we are not allies, i am not going to say it in public against possible future opponents.

I’m willing to challenge this to prove a point.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Like 1