Alliance Affairs Thread Title Tag Requirement Announcement

Alex

1. This change is objectively bad
  2. There is no real argument against why we can't use tags in other boards

• Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Tag: [Superawesome] [relevant] [greatest nation] [Exorock] [snek] [pure testosterone] [announcement] [freedom fighter] [resistance] [terminal jest] [PJRF] [serious]

From the desk of Exorock,

The greatest nation ever

Partipeace2.jpg?width=500&height=375

Greetings, Friends!

Are you trying to stifle my creativity?

Partiggle will not be censored. Mark my words. We will creatively nullify your efforts.

Hugs

Fraggisan

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

On 7/20/2019 at 3:00 AM, Alex said:

I'll admit that I haven't used the IPS tag system, but when I looked into it, it appears enabling it will enable it everywhere on the forum. I don't want it enabled everywhere, just in this specific forum.

While the sorting functionality would be nice, who is going to use it? How often do you want to filter for only DoE posts, for example?

I know that I struggle when looking at obscure threads with weird meta names that I don't understand. Often times I open something in the AA subforum and I have no idea what it actually is, it's just a bunch of inside jokes / memes and unclear to anyone except the people directly involved unless they post an explicit tl;dr at the end. Having the tags will make it easier to understand what the purpose of each thread is.

Dumb question- why not enable it everywhere? I'm sure the roleplayers would get utility out of tags, for starters.

• Upvote 3

Le1AjCa.png

14 hours ago, Epi said:

I'd be in favor of tags, but until that's done i like this ? we've already done it for the past 5+ announcements prior to the rule change.

All those came after the rule change

• Haha 1

BrOQBND.jpg

I sympathize with the confusion, but why oh why is it that we gotta run with this hackjob pseudo-tag approach when there's a perfectly valid global tag system option? What *possible* argument is there against enabling tags globally?

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
  • Alex locked this topic
  • Administrators

I am also now recommending the use of [RoH] tags (Recognition of Hostilities) where applicable.

Thank you!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link