Noobs guide to a good blitz

TheShadow

14 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Still possible to naval blockade someone right before turn change; then grab ground supremacy right after. Doing so if your ground forces are already stronger; grounding most of their aircrafts would already nullify enough units in addition to getting a blockade in. So depends on the circumstances.

Fun fact: 33% is not a majority of 100%.

Here's an easy way to win wars. Blitz enemy, if they have fortress you airstrike planes. If they don't you hit planes and then ground or ground and then planes if they're bigger but have less ground.

EZ. Nullify planes over ships and trading ability always.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

Unless they have over $90m cash on hand & you want the loot; in addition to defeating them. If they can send out all their resources as soon as they realize they've been hit; then you could end up with no loot. So if you don't care about loot & they already have a big warchest; then an early blockade might not have much purpose.

Again

Very situational. 

3 minutes ago, Akuryo said:

Fun fact: 33% is not a majority of 100%.

Here's an easy way to win wars. Blitz enemy, if they have fortress you airstrike planes. If they don't you hit planes and then ground or ground and then planes if they're bigger but have less ground.

EZ. Nullify planes over ships and trading ability always.

Unless you are hitting TFP. 

But how often does anyone hit TFP?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MoonShadow said:

I would disagree, if said target has no ships then you should blockade first. it is not as black and white to say do this and do that it has to depend on the target and the numbers.

What?

GC/AS always comes first since planes can hit everything, but everything can't hit planes.

The only exception is if you spied a target with a huge warchest and want to loot it.

Edited by Dubayoo

9 hours ago, TheShadow said:

Shocking I know.

9 hours ago, Buorhann said:

rofl, what?

Well sometimes thinking outside the box is needed, was what ten plus years ago when NPO thought outside the box and did a true blitz attack, wonder how we would all be now if we simply followed what others deem to be the norm.

9 hours ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

If you're going to win regardless; starting with a blockade so they can't send out their resources or swap any out can be highly effective. If somebody has no fuel; can win the war on the first move with a blockade. So depends on the situation.

Well I did say it depends on many factors, if my land force and air force is greater and i can get an early blockade saving him from dumping his resources, or even getting some, makes life easier I believe.

9 hours ago, Akuryo said:

Good thing everyone still treats you as a fool then.

Great minds think alike, though fools seldom differ.

1 hour ago, Dubayoo said:

What?

GC/AS always comes first since planes can hit everything, but everything can't hit planes.

The only exception is if you spied a target with a huge warchest and want to loot it.

pretty sure i said it depends on the target and the numbers, the fact is it is not as simple as GC/AS always come first, you just explained one reason why they wouldn't ?, another reason would be they are low on food, steel, Alu, Uranium, or cash, all of which means they will lose if they are blockaded. My point was not to say you have to blockade first it was to simply point out you do not always have to do GC/AS first.

25 minutes ago, MoonShadow said:

Well sometimes thinking outside the box is needed, was what ten plus years ago when NPO thought outside the box and did a true blitz attack, wonder how we would all be now if we simply followed what others deem to be the norm.

Smh.
The title says "For Noobs"
That shit you are speaking is Advance Level

25 minutes ago, MoonShadow said:

pretty sure i said it depends on the target and the numbers, the fact is it is not as simple as GC/AS always come first, you just explained one reason why they wouldn't ?, another reason would be they are low on food, steel, Alu, Uranium, or cash, all of which means they will lose if they are blockaded. My point was not to say you have to blockade first it was to simply point out you do not always have to do GC/AS first.

Yes, you said it depends.

I said there's only one exception. Saying it depends suggests there's a much wider range of opportunities.

All spectrums of gray are not equal.

If somebody neglects having a lot of defending units, so even after their daily buy limit they can’t catch up; it’s less important to gain ground & air control right away as well. So if your opponent can’t raise an army to be a match right away, you have more flexibility in starting with a blockade to limit what they can spend & on what.

So in a close match up I think gaining air & ground asap is essential; although I suspect many noobs are raiding people without optimal defenses setup as well. Good to exploit the targets weaknesses if they have them.?

When you're a pirate, it makes sense to naval attack since you're farming inactives...

...but in a proper blitz, your goal is to defeat the enemy as fast as possible while they're active. You can't get away with naval strikes since they'll airstrike your fleet and rebuild their own. "My ship is ready" doesn't work against that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It’s not a bad basic guide, but if the blitz is done for loot; it’s worth considering the benefits of a blockade. Also if you spy op them & see they are one of the rare cases with pretty much no fuel or munitions. I’ve rendered people’s military’s unusable with a quick blockade at start before doing this & usually don’t look targets myself.

I’ve also been able to simply blockade, take ground control; then proceed to start bombing what they build the most of on people who have blitzed me with several ground attacks before & not attempting air control. So for people who make mistakes like that, it’s a good starting point.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Noctis Anarch Caelum said:

It’s not a bad basic guide, but if the blitz is done for loot; it’s worth considering the benefits of a blockade. Also if you spy op them & see they are one of the rare cases with pretty much no fuel or munitions. I’ve rendered people’s military’s unusable with a quick blockade at start before doing this & usually don’t look targets myself.

I’ve also been able to simply blockade, take ground control; then proceed to start bombing what they build the most of on people who have blitzed me with several ground attacks before & not attempting air control. So for people who make mistakes like that, it’s a good starting point.

Damn man. 

You sure are persistent.  

Rofl

8 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

What?

More like if you spied a target that has an unforgivably tiny warchest and you want to lock him out of munitions/gas/money.

Even then, get an ally or two to cover the ground/air, on the off chance that it's a trap and you get immediately countered by someone with a hecklot of ships and the guy suddenly gets resupplied. Have a plan.

And while for the most part in proper blitzing alliance war against competent opponents you 100% need to nullify their air and tanks ASAP, @Noctis Anarch Caelum isn't actually wrong; it's just extremely optimistic and rather self-centered. Blockading someone that has a huge warchest has a good chance of loot... but it has a better (as in ~99.9%) chance of giving them options with which to destroy more of your military, which means you can't use as much military yourself against your other targets. That means more pressure against you and your alliance mates, which is not a good. Be a team player and go for the suppression; loot is definitely secondary to that.

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Like 1