Jump to content
Dubayoo

Dubayoo's $1Billion KofC Giveaway

Recommended Posts

I was surprised to see KoC and it actually be about the Knights haha. 

I'm on the road to confirmation, so I can't technically join yet. But I see you ?

The hate will flow in, as it already is, but neat idea. Cheers, stranger. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I have very mixed feelings about this... until I formulate a proper response I'll offer 5mil to anyone who joins the Satanic Temple and posts proof:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/join-us

I guess that's the difference between us.

I offer something not just for membership, but also a demonstration of character. Quality comes before quantity. You can join the KofC but still get nothing if you don't write an applicable paper.

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I believe the words I am looking for are... Are you kidding me?  Just leave.

lol

Envy is a sin. You should learn to control it instead of trying to control those you envy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hodor said:

I have very mixed feelings about this... until I formulate a proper response I'll offer 5mil to anyone who joins the Satanic Temple and posts proof:

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/join-us

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot.

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I guess that's the difference between us.

I offer something not just for membership, but also a demonstration of character. Quality comes before quantity. You can join the KofC but still get nothing if you don't write an applicable paper.

lol

Envy is a sin. You should learn to control it instead of trying to control those you envy.

 

I feel like there's a lot of missing humility and respect in your responses, my friend. 

Edited by Kaladin Stormblessed
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26006112004585fba4f022e5a4f9b0d1c6dc0859

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kaladin Stormblessed said:

I feel like there's a lot of missing humility and respect here, my friend. 

Yea, I do wonder if PnW lacks humility a lot.

It's important to have fortitude despite that. People will accuse you of vanity when you're not actually vain to accommodate for their own.
 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

Yea, I do wonder if PnW lacks humility a lot.

It's important to have fortitude despite that. People will accuse you of vanity when you're not actually vain to accommodate for their own.
 

 

Edited original comment for clarity ?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, durmij said:

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot.

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list.

A lot of people don't know this, but Catholics are supposed to tolerate pagans as written in the Councils of Paderborn and Frankfurt as well as discussed in the Valladolid Debate. As long as they're not like Druids who engage in cannibalism, torture, or sacrifice, they're supposed to be treated as practitioners of grace so long as they don't try to establish another Church.

This is why missionaries around the world have been so successful. They recognize pagan faiths as just another form of culture to be adapted and refined.

As for Satanists, I don't know about that sect, but this sect defines the word as a guise for atheism, and its standards aren't exactly nice or understanding: https://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

2 minutes ago, Kaladin Stormblessed said:

Edited original comment for clarity ?

There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. The sin of vanity comes from excessive pride, not simply being proud of your convictions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

A lot of people don't know this, but Catholics are supposed to tolerate pagans as written in the Councils of Paderborn and Frankfurt as well as discussed in the Valladolid Debate. As long as they're not like Druids who engage in cannibalism, torture, or sacrifice, they're supposed to be treated as practitioners of grace so long as they don't try to establish another Church.

This is why missionaries around the world have been so successful. They recognize pagan faiths as just another form of culture to be adapted and refined.

As for Satanists, I don't know about that sect, but this sect defines the word as a guise for atheism, and its standards aren't exactly nice or understanding: https://www.churchofsatan.com/nine-satanic-statements.php

So pagans are allowed to be pagans as long as they don't organize in any way that would threaten the power of the mortal men in charge of the Catholic faith? This is some "you can be Catholic and gay, just never have any sexual experience ever" nonsense.

Pretty sure most missionaries around the world were successful because of the vast sums of Catholic fortune financing that went into their missions. That and the centuries of advantage stuff like the Inquisition gave them.

It's also readily apparent that the sect you are linking to is taking the piss from the uptight practitioners of the world. Having gone to a Catholic school, this isn't much preachier once you scrape the sarcasm off.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, durmij said:

So pagans are allowed to be pagans as long as they don't organize in any way that would threaten the power of the mortal men in charge of the Catholic faith? This is some "you can be Catholic and gay, just never have any sexual experience ever" nonsense.

Pretty sure most missionaries around the world were successful because of the vast sums of Catholic fortune financing that went into their missions. That and the centuries of advantage stuff like the Inquisition gave them.

It's also readily apparent that the sect you are linking to is taking the piss from the uptight practitioners of the world. Having gone to a Catholic school, this isn't much preachier once you scrape the sarcasm off.

Merely having resources doesn't mean you'll succeed with them. You need to use resources the right way to succeed. Lots of missionaries aren't given extensive stipends either both for security reasons (especially in the past when money couldn't be wired and had to be physically carried) and because missionaries are sort of like outcasts. They depend on fundraising to get their work done which is helpful, but not lucrative.

That's part of why I'm looking for papers to be written here as well as for people to join the order. I don't want to throw money at just anyone to leave an impression. It has to be given to people with convictions who actually care to make something of it.

As for pagans, the point of the Catholic Church is to tolerate many ways of life. Catholic literally means "universal" in Greek. It's not a nationalist faith, and if anything, the rise of nationalism happened from the Protestant Reformation. If some pagans become too powerful, then other ways of life will be implicitly persecuted. If anything, Catholics have often been accused of being internationalists who seek to undermine sovereignty.

Is it apparently sarcastic? No, I'd say it's half-sarcastic in being passive-aggressive. It's nasty when it wants to be and nice when it doesn't. If anything, that sort of prejudice is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will offer 10 million pnw to whoever has a gay affair with the head of a koc lodge or whatever they're called

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chief Savage Man said:

i will offer 10 million pnw to whoever has a gay affair with the head of a koc lodge or whatever they're called

count me in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chief Savage Man said:

i will offer 10 million pnw to whoever has a gay affair with the head of a koc lodge or whatever they're called

No go.

If you're scandalous, you get kicked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

No go.

If you're scandalous, you get kicked out. 

i have to imagine that's why there's prize money involved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rey said:

i have to imagine that's why there's prize money involved

If the prize was purely to join the order, yes, but it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the KofC doesn't have a chapter in my nation. Can the offer be extended to any member of the International Alliance of Catholic Knights? or is the offer exclusive to the KofC?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny that you think you can even afford it in the first place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that he is desparate but for a good reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust this to be only for Americans grrrrrrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, durmij said:

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot. 

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list. 

1

 

Edit: read ardent atheist so I'm still confused but I guess it makes more sense! lol

Edit x2: Sorry @Dubayoo, while I can respect your cause as we are of very similar faith, I am a Christian so gonna have to pass on this one! Good luck with it though :P

Edit x3: Nvm, not worth arguing with people online about religion lol

Edited by Lordship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lordship said:

 

Edit: read ardent atheist so I'm still confused but I guess it makes more sense! lol

Edit x2: Sorry @Dubayoo, while I can respect your cause as we are of very similar faith, I am a Christian so gonna have to pass on this one! Good luck with it though :P

Edit x3: Nvm, not worth arguing with people online about religion lol

giphy.gif

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dubayoo said:

I guess that's the difference between us.

I offer something not just for membership, but also a demonstration of character. Quality comes before quantity. You can join the KofC but still get nothing if you don't write an applicable paper.

 

I was raised Catholic and know much about KoC, you seem to have just written my submission off as purely a joke, but some investigation would show I am promoting a group that expects character without prerequisite such as being a Christian Male.

See below:

13 hours ago, durmij said:

I know this is kind of a joke, but for real, Satanists are probably, on the balance the nicest most understanding religious denomination I've ever dealt with, followed closely by Pagans. If you're looking for a religious community but don't feel you fit in anywhere else, they're probably worth a shot.

And I say this as an ardent atheist, who would only rank his fellows number 4 on that hypothetical list.

 

From the website I posted:

TENETS

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS.

  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and remediate any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

 

ABOUT US

The mission of The Satanic Temple is to encourage benevolence and empathy among all people, reject tyrannical authority, advocate practical common sense and justice, and be directed by the human conscience to undertake noble pursuits guided by the individual will. Politically aware, Civic-minded Satanists and allies in The Satanic Temple have publicly opposed The Westboro Baptist Church, advocated on behalf of children in public school to abolish corporal punishment, applied for equal representation where religious monuments are placed on public property, provided religious exemption and legal protection against laws that unscientifically restrict women's reproductive autonomy, exposed fraudulent harmful pseudo-scientific practitioners and claims in mental health care, and applied to hold clubs along side other religious after school clubs in schools besieged by proselytizing organizations.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.