An announcement from Valyria/White peace has been reached

Bradley

Regarding our mobilization:

I mean everyone started standing down after the peace was reached so I wouldn't exactly expect our score to keep shooting up.

We're not going to declare on you immediately after the conflict, 1. because valyria initially requested not to on the first day while they were reacting and 2. because unlike you guys we weren't already militarized and we don't make snap war decisions. You had the freedom to do that by being more ready for fighting, and by having the score advantage. We couldn't hail mary into an alliance with twice our ANS without planning. We were bulking up and also prepping to deal with a potential Roz Wei entry since their score as also climbing and they have come along with your wars in the past. Should they come in Valyrias other allies would be in poor shape to handle them and Arrgh so we were waiting on that to either happen or not within the next day or two before we commit everything against you.

The intent was to also keep scores low in the upper tier as much as is feasible so as to avoid attacks from you in the event we have to fight both TEst and Roz. The plan would have been to focus on them until they get dropped to a level our allies can handle and then turn the attention to doing whatever we realistically can against you. Admittedly as of yesterday we were still working on drawing up exactly how we wanted to tier the scores of our nations potentially in your range to avoid unnecessary exposure while fighting on two fronts, or two otherwise mitigate the large city disadvantage we'd have going in on you. Could we have done that faster or been more prepared? I'm certainly not going to suggest my response time on this has been ideal. We were caught unprepared for this and that is has demonstrated the need to significantly up our rapid response time planning.

As far as diplomacy goes, we spoke to Pre as soon as we saw the first TEst attacks and we stated our disagreements with your rational the valyria dont really protect OOS due to the wording of their nation page. The effective response was that you were looking forward to our counters. So be it, the reasoning was pretty flimsy but frankly probably not even the real rationale. You wanted a war and took it, so be it I don't really care especially much because its a game and people should do whatever they want imo. I will say that we definitely did not expect this to see any resolution (or one we would find acceptable) prior to our entry and it caught us rather by surprise. I'm not going to complain, truth be told I don't see how this would have benefited anybody, but our innitial expectations for for at least 1-2 rounds of war. Maybe we could have reached this resolution sooner though I doubt any break through could have been achieved before we and the other alliances in the coalition began mobilizing and making it clear we do, in fact, intend to defend our allies.

Regarding the claims about out "wonderful performance" here, my gut assumption is so assume sarcasm. If not I appreciate the responses, but truth be told I personally don't see anything strong to say either way regarding what we did. Our ally got hit out of the blue so we began militarizing and planning with our other allies a response. Anybody would have done the same and I don't see us having been especially efficient at it though nor do I see it as jarringly poor either given the circumstances surrounding the sudden attack.

edit: I can't format to save my life. Hopefully this fixes it somewhat.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I wouldn't even classify this as a war.  It lasted what...  3 days?

You were holding back because of Roz?  Really?  I'd have been more concerned over Arrgh than Roz, and Arrgh was already in the fight.

Both Night's Watch and Seven Kingdoms, as well as others in the sphere, were all sitting aside watching Valyria get their heads dunked in toilets by TEst/Arrgh.  No offense, but the reaction by you guys to this is embarrassing.

Could've had members of Seven Kingdoms and Night's Watch free up some of the high city count nations in Valyria from TEst, as well as Arrgh.  Polaris and OoS could sit on the sidelines and wait for Roz Wei, or help push off Arrgh nations in their score range.  Nations outside of fighting the upper tier areas could also wait on Roz Wei and/or fight Arrgh.  You also had tie-ins with World Task Force and Lordaeron.  Granted they're ODPs, but let's be real - who the hell really honors the treaties to their exact definition?  Or if they do, why not just pre-empt Roz Wei instead?

This could've been a very worth while war to see what you guys needed to do in order to improve future war performances, but it was a total flop.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It's like smacking a guy around while his friends pat his back to provide moral support. After that the person smacking gets bored and stops leading to the guy and his friends celebrate a brilliant resolution due to their wonderful performance.

This is why I respect alliances like Mensa and The Syndicate because they actually understand what being an ally means.

Anyway, very happy for peace obviously and best of luck to Valyria going forward. I hope they're less incompetent in the future!

• Upvote 4

because unlike you guys we weren't already militarized and we don't make snap war decisions.

And flaws do reveal themselves. Its alright friend, nobodies perfect

There were definitely flaws which were brought into the light here. And to be clear I don't mean that comment as a criticism, just my opinion that while you were prepared to launch the war on valyria on short notice, we were not prepared to do the same, being under militarized and facing a significant score gap that required careful planning we didn't immediately have prepared. (a flaw we intend to work on).

I wouldn't even classify this as a war.  It lasted what...  3 days?

You were holding back because of Roz?  Really?  I'd have been more concerned over Arrgh than Roz, and Arrgh was already in the fight.

Both Night's Watch and Seven Kingdoms, as well as others in the sphere, were all sitting aside watching Valyria get their heads dunked in toilets by TEst/Arrgh.  No offense, but the reaction by you guys to this is embarrassing.

Could've had members of Seven Kingdoms and Night's Watch free up some of the high city count nations in Valyria from TEst, as well as Arrgh.  Polaris and OoS could sit on the sidelines and wait for Roz Wei, or help push off Arrgh nations in their score range.  Nations outside of fighting the upper tier areas could also wait on Roz Wei and/or fight Arrgh.  You also had tie-ins with World Task Force and Lordaeron.  Granted they're ODPs, but let's be real - who the hell really honors the treaties to their exact definition?  Or if they do, why not just pre-empt Roz Wei instead?

This could've been a very worth while war to see what you guys needed to do in order to improve future war performances, but it was a total flop.

So we should have attacked TEst immediately, while we weren't militarized, into an uphill suicide mission? Have you looked at the massive score and city differences between our two alliances? Its not something we can simply hail mary into and we decided to try and quickly build up first while thinking up a strategy to minimize as much as possible the disparity there. We were looking to go in either Thursday or Friday, depending on the desires of our other allies who were to lead the hit on Arrgh. In the end peace managed to be reached on Tuesday. I don't see it as especially awful to wait 3 days to build up and actually get a plan in place before launching into a war nobody saw coming. Had there been any signs or forwarning than absolutely we should have been ready beforehand, but by his own admission Pre put little prior planning into this and just launched the war when they decided it was what they wanted to do. They have the ability to do that, I do not agree that we have the capability to do the same. And I believe Valyria would have been much better served, in the event of continued war, by us coming in later in the week with proper militaries and a plan of action that suicide in immediately.

As far as Arrgh is concerned we had coalition partners prepared to handle them who were going to come in even earlier than us, while we waited to see if they would get countered before going all out on TEst or not. We had faith in the capability of those coalition partners to handle their responsibilities. The decision to have us on standby for a potential Roz counter, or go in fully on TEst with support against arrgh should that not materialize, was reached by all our allies. Looking at the differences in nation size between the alliances on our end and the potential alliances on their end, I think its a reasonable allocation of resources. Had this peace not been reached we would be seeing a much expanded war by now. Its especially funny to see you criticize us for not reaching out to various ties valyria may have when you were not party to our planning and don't know who we did manage to bring to the table.

I am not trying to suggest our war plans were especially great or that we deserve any praise for these actions here. I just don't understand the conviction that we and Valyrias other allies should have all attacked immediately on Monday when the war broke out, rather than bulking up and coordinating our strategy first. If this war proved to be a long one we would all be better served waiting a few days to get a real plan in place than recklessly rushing in and being at the mercy of our enemies for however long they choose to extend the conflict.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I agree that it wasn't a war, but a small conflict.

Keep feeding us hate posts. I eat it all up with Texas Pete hot sauce.

I had a much more in-depth reply, but after seeing this - I'll just end it with:  You went from Syndisphere to this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Couldn't be happier with the choice given the reactions. There is a lot to reflect on with our performance here and we have been consistently the first ones to point out our own issues in dealing with this. Our readiness for this left a lot to be desired, but criticizing us for taking a few days to mobilize before entering a war? There are worse straws to grasp at I suppose but its clear there is a real chasm in the relations between us and we're both better off separate until everyone gets over it.

Edited by Mikey

I had a much more in-depth reply, but after seeing this - I'll just end it with:  You went from Syndisphere to this.

You criticize us for allying Rose to then ally them. Let's not take shots back and forth since it'll never end and it's off-topic.

Half of this conflict was started from someone taking a bribe. If you didn't know that, then stop conjecturing what did and didn't happen if you were not involved.

You know this conflict really shows how terrible SK has become since Tenages stepped down. I still miss Tenages though. He was the best ally you could ask for.

Anyway SK isn't the same SK it was when it was first allied to Mensa. Something something SK sucks. Blah blah be a real ally and go balls deep as soon as shit hits the fan like you're supposed to. Also not being militarized and ready for a fight just shows how inactive your gov actually is since literally every war can be seen from a mile away.

• Upvote 4

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

There were definitely flaws which were brought into the light here. And to be clear I don't mean that comment as a criticism, just my opinion that while you were prepared to launch the war on valyria on short notice, we were not prepared to do the same, being under militarized and facing a significant score gap that required careful planning we didn't immediately have prepared. (a flaw we intend to work on).

So we should have attacked TEst immediately, while we weren't militarized, into an uphill suicide mission? Have you looked at the massive score and city differences between our two alliances? Its not something we can simply hail mary into and we decided to try and quickly build up first while thinking up a strategy to minimize as much as possible the disparity there. We were looking to go in either Thursday or Friday, depending on the desires of our other allies who were to lead the hit on Arrgh. In the end peace managed to be reached on Tuesday. I don't see it as especially awful to wait 3 days to build up and actually get a plan in place before launching into a war nobody saw coming. Had there been any signs or forwarning than absolutely we should have been ready beforehand, but by his own admission Pre put little prior planning into this and just launched the war when they decided it was what they wanted to do. They have the ability to do that, I do not agree that we have the capability to do the same. And I believe Valyria would have been much better served, in the event of continued war, by us coming in later in the week with proper militaries and a plan of action that suicide in immediately.

As far as Arrgh is concerned we had coalition partners prepared to handle them who were going to come in even earlier than us, while we waited to see if they would get countered before going all out on TEst or not. We had faith in the capability of those coalition partners to handle their responsibilities. The decision to have us on standby for a potential Roz counter, or go in fully on TEst with support against arrgh should that not materialize, was reached by all our allies. Looking at the differences in nation size between the alliances on our end and the potential alliances on their end, I think its a reasonable allocation of resources. Had this peace not been reached we would be seeing a much expanded war by now. Its especially funny to see you criticize us for not reaching out to various ties valyria may have when you were not party to our planning and don't know who we did manage to bring to the table.

I am not trying to suggest our war plans were especially great or that we deserve any praise for these actions here. I just don't understand the conviction that we and Valyrias other allies should have all attacked immediately on Monday when the war broke out, rather than bulking up and coordinating our strategy first. If this war proved to be a long one we would all be better served waiting a few days to get a real plan in place than recklessly rushing in and being at the mercy of our enemies for however long they choose to extend the conflict.

Fair enough.  If you think you had some grand plan that was really going to bring us down, it appears to have been poorly coordinated (at least from what I was reading in your post).  Who knows.  Maybe it would have been great.  Guess we will never know.

I honestly don't believe you about the "if peace had been achieved, we'd be seeing a much expanded war by now" comment.  SK wasn't ready and none of your allies appeared to be actually ready for a conflict with us (not in any serious way).

At the very least you could have begun spy ops.  But perhaps those forces weren't ready either.  I know that we had neutered most of Valyria's reachable spies within 6 hours of commencement of hostilities.  Though, maybe you were worried we'd see that as an act of aggression and would then come for you as well?  At least we could respect you all doing SOMETHING.

I'm not suggesting suiciding into us.  Just that some response would have been better than NO response.

I agree that it wasn't a war, but a small conflict.

Keep feeding us hate posts. I eat it all up with Texas Pete hot sauce.

Will do!  I like mine extra spicy.  I'm going to go with some Dave's Insanity Sauce and sprinkle it on nice and thick bby!

>WTF ever doing anything

You criticize us for allying Rose to then ally them. Let's not take shots back and forth since it'll never end and it's off-topic.

Half of this conflict was started from someone taking a bribe. If you didn't know that, then stop conjecturing what did and didn't happen if you were not involved.

LOL, WUT?  Is that what Mikey and company are telling you?  This was literally started in response to a counter done by one of your government members that then turned into a raid and then we said, "Screw it, we might as well go balls deep on this."  If your Gov. is telling you that there were bribes involved with this, you need a new Gov.

Edit: How in the world are you the leader of SK and get this wrong?  Or are you simply attempting to spread misinformation??

You know this conflict really shows how terrible SK has become since Tenages stepped down. I still miss Tenages though. He was the best ally you could ask for.

Anyway SK isn't the same SK it was when it was first allied to Mensa. Something something SK sucks. Blah blah be a real ally and go balls deep as soon as shit hits the fan like you're supposed to. Also not being militarized and ready for a fight just shows how inactive your gov actually is since literally every war can be seen from a mile away.

I won't judge them yet.  I haven't seen them actually function as a coalition or alliance.  But so far all signs point to a not so great set of leaders.

Edited by Bambino
  • Upvote 1

LOL, WUT?  Is that what Mikey and company are telling you?  This was literally started in response to a counter done by one of your government members that then turned into a raid and then we said, "Screw it, we might as well go balls deep on this."  If your Gov. is telling you that there were bribes involved with this, you need a new Gov.

Edit: How in the world are you the leader of SK and get this wrong?  Or are you simply attempting to spread misinformation??

It took me less than 5secs to see what caused the conflict.  All I had to do was see Prefontaine's opening war statement, but I didn't know anything about a bribe - so according to Valdorath, I can't have an opinion on the matter.

Not that I need to know anything about a bribe.  If someone hits an alliance en-mass that's treatied with Mensa, we're ramping up the steamrollers immediately.

Gotta support allies regardless, that's the whole point of being tied together.  We did it for SK, but SK can't do it for Valyria!  :D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I won't judge them yet.  I haven't seen them actually function as a coalition or alliance.  But so far all signs point to a not so great set of leaders.

SK without tenages has been in many wars. I'll summarize the ones I remember off the top of my head.

The war where steve and partisan had a hard on - SK purposely attacked the wrong alliance (because they didn't want to participate in our war plans as a sphere, I'm not even joking about that) and in their DoW stated they were fighting everyone which resulted in them getting rolled by Alpha (Seriously)

Next war (NPO one?) - They !@#$ed out of taking a side (Expected at the time)

New kids on the block war (one where they had just switched from syndisphere to paragon) - They declared on t$ and got decimated by t$. I was personally pissed at this one because they were just former allies and I thought it was !@#$ed up.

This conflict - they did nothing

There's a trend to everything and SK without Tenages is awful at the game.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Anyway, very happy for peace obviously and best of luck to Valyria going forward. I hope they're less incompetent in the future!

Best of luck to Arrgh, too. As for being less incompetent, our gov is still relatively new. We are not afraid to say we are still learning the ropes, and we are determined to learn from previous mistakes. 

Gotta support allies regardless, that's the whole point of being tied together.  We did it for SK, but SK can't do it for Valyria!   :D

It's not Seven Kingdoms fault we didn't activate our treaty in regards to TEst (as we publicly stated). It was only when Arrgh joined the fray that we decided too. SK immediately started militarizing (which is evident through their score jump and military stats) as well as drafting up strategies. Mikey has openly, and rightly said there's things to learn from this both in terms of SK and Valyria. This conflict doesn't reflect the relationship we have with SK. If we had activated our treaty earlier, and had this gone on longer, SK would have entered the scene. But it didn't, so hey ho.

• Upvote 1