Alpha Announcement

Placentica

Some people just don't understand the long term implications of being zeroed early and the effect it has on infra damage received over the course of a war.

This man gets it.  First round max damage output is more important than minimizing damage taken.  While we can all brag/whine/whatever about how much Alpha score has been lost, if we slowly bleeded it would most likely mean most of our nukes were just getting spied away as we deployed forces ignoring the part where 120+ nations declared on 31 and spend steel and wasting points.  Thankfully, other than *cough* one so far, we have a group that so far understands this isn't a 1-round war or 2, or 3, etc.

And, in that, an alliance learns far more, at all levels of warfare and how to manage that and as an alliance leader I have the challenge of how to allocate resources - which of course is my favorite aspect of the game.

as an alliance leader I have the challenge of how to allocate resources - which of course is my favorite aspect of the game.

Just drop them at your front porch, and burn down your house. The outcome will be the same but you will have spared yourself the sorrow.

Edited by Ivan the Red

And, in that, an alliance learns far more, at all levels of warfare and how to manage that and as an alliance leader I have the challenge of how to allocate resources - which of course is my favorite aspect of the game.

I'm not above taking bribes.

• Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

All of it directly to yourself from what I can see.

Maybe you should go look at my bank records before you make a fool of yourself.

Maybe you should go look at my bank records before you make a fool of yourself.

I understand this is an attempt at implying that we didn't bother to look, but uh, you didn't notate shit in your bank transactions, so one could quite plausibly infer that you skimmed some bank money off the top for your fresh new city (since you're up 73 mil in bank transactions since the beginning of hostilities and all).

Feel free to actually demonstrate that you're not. We're not making your case for you.

I understand this is an attempt at implying that we didn't bother to look, but uh, you didn't notate shit in your bank transactions, so one could quite plausibly infer that you skimmed some bank money off the top for your fresh new city (since you're up 73 mil in bank transactions since the beginning of hostilities and all).

Feel free to actually demonstrate that you're not. We're not making your case for you.

Okay, not sure why I'm responding to more tS shitposting, but you win.  Here is your proof:  https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=583&display=bank. Now go find my nation's strength/infra chart from the past as a cross-check.  If you want to continue with this line of shitposting, you will lose.  And you will look stupid for so greatly underestimating Alpha and how we operate and our membership. 

I know you are a mass-member alliance and don't operate this way.  That's fine, I like mass-member alliances too.  But we don't operate in the same way.  I have great respect for mass-member alliances, and the organization you need to run them, but I also have never liked the restrictions necessary to run them.

Okay, not sure why I'm responding to more tS shitposting, but you win.  Here is your proof:  https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=583&display=bank. Now go find my nation's strength/infra chart from the past as a cross-check.  If you want to continue with this line of shitposting, you will lose.  And you will look stupid for so greatly underestimating Alpha and how we operate and our membership. 

You are entirely missing my point, and I genuinely feel bad because you have lost every single argument you've attempted since you came into possession of those leaks, so I'll help you out:

When you view your bank transactions screen (fix your link btw, the period got sucked into the hyperlink and broke it), the default view only shows the most recent 15 transactions. Until tonight's resource swap, those last 15 transactions showed all of the bank transactions you had done since open war commenced. Based on that cursory glance, you were a net receiver from the Alpha Bank, to the tune of $73 million in cash (I can't be bothered to go check the resources and it's not important to the argument I'm making for you). As you and I know full well, 99% of posters aren't going to look past that default, so you simply pasting that link and handwaving some shit about strength/infra ratios (which is totally irrelevant to the situation and I really hope you already know that) makes you look like a tone-deaf !@#$ who is only out for number 1. Now, the proper retort to said shitposting would be to point out that over the past 60 transactions (which doesn't even go back a full month! You've been a busy boy!), you're actually a net contributor to the Alpha Bank to the tune of over $500 million in cash (again, can't be assed to pull the exact number and it doesn't matter). But because you cannot seem to grasp that facts are a thing that should be used in arguments and debates, we will truthfully never lose a forum argument with you at this rate. Which is disappointing because my guys need the intellectual challenge. Moreau and Caecus just ain't cutting it.

We haven't underestimated you, as I should hope my post (clarifying that we are, in fact, tracking your bank transactions) demonstrates. Though, weren't you just insinuating that we should have 1v1ed you in another thread? Wouldn't that mean we in fact overestimated you? Keep your story straight dude.

I know you are a mass-member alliance and don't operate this way.  That's fine, I like mass-member alliances too.  But we don't operate in the same way.  I have great respect for mass-member alliances, and the organization you need to run them, but I also have never liked the restrictions necessary to run them.

I mean, I guess you could call us a mass-member alliance if you want, but we're not. We have literally never sent a generic recruitment letter out in our history (I've been running Internal Affairs since the beginning of time for tS, I assure you I would know), we don't have an academy, we don't accept applications off the street, and generally don't have anything in common with your typical "mass-member" alliance. We are a large alliance numerically, but we've gotten there by inviting friends to join us (who, while they may have small nations, are known quantities who we feel comfortable investing large amounts in) and two mergers almost exactly a year apart. That's really it. 

But please, elaborate on the superiority of your model over the tS model. I'm curious to see how incorrect your perception of our model is.

• Upvote 2

-snip-

tl;dr only noobs don't change default and apparently TS is full of noobs and steve has donated half a bil, not received?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I mean, I guess you could call us a mass-member alliance if you want, but we're not. We have literally never sent a generic recruitment letter out in our history (I've been running Internal Affairs since the beginning of time for tS, I assure you I would know), we don't have an academy, we don't accept applications off the street, and generally don't have anything in common with your typical "mass-member" alliance. We are a large alliance numerically, but we've gotten there by inviting friends to join us (who, while they may have small nations, are known quantities who we feel comfortable investing large amounts in) and two mergers almost exactly a year apart. That's really it. 

But please, elaborate on the superiority of your model over the tS model. I'm curious to see how incorrect your perception of our model is.

Placentia never said alpha's alliance structure is superior t$. He said alpha's model has less restrictions due to fewer membership that allows flexible bank transactions. Less people in your alliance means less people to get oks from to do anything. Its very simple logic and has nothing to do with which alliance is better but with which alliance has more members. 

Again t$ gov member trying to start shit out of nothing. But really, you're trying too hard now.

Placentia never said alpha's alliance structure is superior t$. He said alpha's model has less restrictions due to fewer membership that allows flexible bank transactions. Less people in your alliance means less people to get oks from to do anything. Its very simple logic and has nothing to do with which alliance is better but with which alliance has more members. 

Again t$ gov member trying to start shit out of nothing. But really, you're trying too hard now.

Trying to hard or is it just too easy?

That being said - the only plausible way for placentica to turn this whole thing around would be to just create a new alpha announcement every day. For gigs and shits.

At minimum he implied it. Which is fine in the macro sense of I think the way you guys handle bank transactions is probably better than most mass member alliances, and if I'm reading between the lines properly is probably pretty damned close to the way tS handles them to be honest. The model has nothing to do with the size of the alliance, and I'm wondering why we never exchanged notes on this back when we were allied :P

I would have appreciated it if he, like you, had actually said what he was trying to get at. When you leave vague statements, you leave yourself open to attack really easily. Using the city thing as an example, instead of smugly saying "check the bank transactions" when you know good and well no one is going to click out of the thread (ffs, people are going to tl;dr this post, you think they're gonna click on something??), he could have shut it down with a one-line "Uh, those were my deposits which you can probably see if you look back further than 5 days". 

You're incorrect regarding the bank transactions as well, but at least you've put forward a coherent argument, which is literally all I've asked for this whole time.

Unfortunately, this concludes your free Forum Debate 101 lesson. Just remember, PR is a game you have to play to win.

• Upvote 2

(ffs, people are going to tl;dr this post, you think they're gonna click on something??)

tl;dr people who tldr posts don't ever click links

also ts is wrong but is a dick about it

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just to clarify something, is the syndicate at war with Alpha because of the shit posting/bragging (whatever you wanna call it) or because Alpha didn't demilitarize?

Did you miss the part where Steve proactively worked in every possible way to roll t$/Mensa?

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Did you miss the part where Steve proactively worked in every possible way to roll t$/Mensa?

Mmmmmm.....interesting, so why didn't Mensa join in this? From the way I see it t$ looked for a somewhat legitimate reason to attack alpha. Don't get me wrong they somewhat gave a legitimate reason but kinda boarder line really. Many people talk shit, Alpha did it while building up their military.

To me t$ did more to roll alpha, think about it. Alpha and TEst have had tension for sometime. I think t$ used that to their advantage. TEst did majority of their work. Just a different perspective which I know that TEst, t$ and Mensa may not see. I've notice Mensa building up a lot the past week and continue to build up heaps day by day. Interesting how TEst said any alliance joining Alpha side, the peace treaty doesn't stand. Alpha saying publicly to it's allies not to step in. Yet Mensa continue to build up. Considering Mensa was a suppose rolling target alpha had, I wonder if Mensa is looking to join in when t$ decides it's had enough or earlier. Maybe Mensa is building up to attack another alliance.....Mmmmmm....your response has really had me thinking.

Mmmmmm.....interesting, so why didn't Mensa join in this? From the way I see it t$ looked for a somewhat legitimate reason to attack alpha. Don't get me wrong they somewhat gave a legitimate reason but kinda boarder line really. Many people talk shit, Alpha did it while building up their military.

To me t$ did more to roll alpha, think about it. Alpha and TEst have had tension for sometime. I think t$ used that to their advantage. TEst did majority of their work. Just a different perspective which I know that TEst, t$ and Mensa may not see. I've notice Mensa building up a lot the past week and continue to build up heaps day by day. Interesting how TEst said any alliance joining Alpha side, the peace treaty doesn't stand. Alpha saying publicly to it's allies not to step in. Yet Mensa continue to build up. Considering Mensa was a suppose rolling target alpha had, I wonder if Mensa is looking to join in when t$ decides it's had enough or earlier. Maybe Mensa is building up to attack another alliance.....Mmmmmm....your response has really had me thinking.

I wonder why Rose and VE and Sparta haven't demilitirized. Mmmmmm maybe they're going to counter us? Mmmmmm maybe Steve lied about not having his allies join? Mmmmmmmm

• Upvote 2
6XmKiC2.png

Please read our explanation thread :). t$' reason for war stated multiple months of backroom plotting. Neither the Alpha buildup nor forum shittalk is the main factor pushing us to war- it's the knowledge that had we not moved, and had Alpha at any point gained the leverage it was looking for, we would have been attacked and rolled.

As much as I dislike Steve- my FA is primarily centered around the $yndicate and its interests. Security. That is why we are at war.

os9LcJK.gif

I wonder why Rose and VE and Sparta haven't demilitirized. Mmmmmm maybe they're going to counter us? Mmmmmm maybe Steve lied about not having his allies join? Mmmmmmmm

Actually, Sparta has started demilitarizing :)