Converts?

durmij

hate is a strong word

One you seem to like using.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I think that is actually cool you are Iranian. There is nothing wrong with being from Iran.

Yeah, I may be from Iran, but am not anti-semetic, anti-Israel or anti-America or something along those lines. 

• Upvote 1

9anTOCI.jpg?3

I want to steadily become more entrenched in the catholic faith.

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Yeah, I may be from Iran, but am not anti-semetic, anti-Israel or anti-America or something along those lines. 

Everyone I've heard from who has visited Iran says the Persian people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people they've ever met. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Everyone I've heard from who has visited Iran says the Persian people are some of the kindest and most welcoming people they've ever met. 

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Every time one of you Sunnis argue this it sounds like you are saying something stupid like Puerto Ricans are not real Hispanics.

Shia is a sect of Islam. Get over it. It may not be one you agree with on their practices. But no matter how much you keep denying it, Shia Islam is still going to be a sect of Islam. Maybe, just maybe, this might be one of the reasons Islam gets a bad rap?

Just because they go under the name of Islam doesn't mean they're Muslims

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Just because they go under the name of Islam doesn't mean they're Muslims

Just because Sunnis go under the name Islam doesn't mean they are Muslims. 

750px-Islam_branches_and_schools.svg.png

^Which one of these many sects is actual Islam? I'm dying to know. Or perhaps it's the more modern Salafism, that is well.... Modern. 

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Just because Sunnis go under the name Islam doesn't mean they are Muslims. 

750px-Islam_branches_and_schools.svg.png

^Which one of these many sects is actual Islam? I'm dying to know. Or perhaps it's the more modern Salafism, that is well.... Modern. 

But Sunni is majority so obviously they're true Muslims. Unless a Sunni do something bad they automatically stop being a true Muslim, even though they've been praying to Allah so hard for their entire life.

• Upvote 2

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

When I was growing up I spent a lot of time singing as a chorister. I didn't really have any fixed opinion on God but assumed that adults had good reasons for believing. I chiefly enjoyed the music, traditions and friendly community feel to the church. During this period I slowly started to assume that God existed without ever really having thought clearly about it, simply because everybody else did. Finally I had an argument with my sister about God and the church. I suddenly realised that I felt God existed. That scared me because I wasn't sure why I felt this way. I started thinking about it a lot.

I loved to read and had an extensive knowledge of Greek/Roman/Ancient myths and legends. I slowly started to see that there was no evidence that the Gods of the ancient world existed and that our modern day God was simply a continuation of those ancient traditions, and so, was similarly unfounded. I also began to see how religion was used to control people and prevent them from questioning authority in the past and concluded that the same must be true today. I became very interested in modern day cults and spent time researching the psychological techniques they used to draw and keep intelligent people in their clutches. I could see similar but less extreme techniques employed in my own church (though in this case they were not intentionally employed to exploit people but were simply church tradition). Once I started thinking this way it was like a veil was lifted - I saw the world differently. That which had been mysterious before became clear and bright as day. Like a flash the cobwebs of ritual and mysticism which surround religion were cleared and I could see it as it was in itself. I became a committed agnostic. I have since studied philosophy at 3rd level and everything I've read has only confirmed and made me more sure. I now consider myself an atheist. I still very much enjoy church music but in the same way that one enjoys opera music. I appreciate the passion the composers felt while writing.

Edited by Ishmael
  • Upvote 1

I understand that, and people should think about their legacy and try to make the world a better place. Not just because it's ethical, but because it's very satisfying to do so. My concern is that people spend too much time focused on working towards arbitrary goals which make them feel hopeless or meaningless. When your aims in life are identical to 80% of people in your country, you are bound to feel like a drone.

I think both Sartre and de Beauvoir talk about this when they talk about immanence and transcendence. It's an interesting philosophical subject. I believe that if you get so caught up in your death anxiety or fear of God/hell/nothingness that you paralyse yourself from doing anything that doesn't involve that, you actively discard your life. It becomes void of meaning, you just live in self-preservation. It's a sad way of being. Most people have the same goals, the thing that makes them unique is the moral and ethical convictions they use and follow to reach that goal.

Edited by Satisfriend
  • Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Born and raised Catholic, realized the hypocrisy of the people preaching it to me, went Atheist, got into a car accident, stopped giving a &#33;@#&#036;.

I've done a bit of exploring, but at the end of the day, it's such a trivial thing that I just don't care.

• Upvote 1
On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

Any particular reason?

Numerous small things.

Orthodoxy has sweeter beards and cooler Jesus/Mary bling.

Well, my job requires I shave. I dont enjoy having facial hair, since it makes me feel like its more difficult to get clean, but neither do I enjoy having to shave it off every morning.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

Numerous small things.

Well, my job requires I shave. I dont enjoy having facial hair, since it makes me feel like its more difficult to get clean, but neither do I enjoy having to shave it off every morning.

Not all Orthodox men need to wear beards. Clergy are expected to wear beards, especially monastics. Of course 'Old Believers' require all men to never shave, but their communities are very isolated and I doubt that they would welcome any newcomers, not to mention Old Believers are not in communion with the other Orthodox Churches.

I am not trying to convince you to forgo Latin Catholicism for Orthodoxy. I simply wanted to clarify a possible misconception.

Edited by Klemens Hawicki

Waa a sunni muslim in a muslim majority country. Get taught about some of the bad stuff about islam that muslims living as minorities in the west never tells anyone about, they made us memorizes all the verses that justifies those believes and all. I take those teachings at face value, I used pretty bigoted and racist.

Starts realizing praying and religioun does absolutely nothing at helping my and my family. Later I got better English better and goes to western sites more, and got exposed to more open ideas. I starts to realises how Jews and gays are actually okay people, and the concept of god is absolutely ridiculous. So now I'm an atheist npw, but I never tells everyone about it in real life because these Muslims would drop all pretense of being "peaceful" and kills me for insulting Muhammad, simply for being atheist. That actually have happened before here.

• Upvote 2

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I like Jews. But I HATE Israel. And Zionist infested America.

Iran in the 80s killed 1000s of innocents after satan Ayatollah declared confession is enough evidence.

Khomeini has killed more than Stalin did

Sufis are predominantly Sunni Muslims and the vast majority shall be accosted to paradise

My family is mainly sufi

Islam

|

Sunni- Shia= nonmuslims

|

Salafi-Sufi

|

Deobandi- Wahabi

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason