Converts?

durmij

I don't know why anyone is concerned about the world ending, I hear this a lot. When you do any activity - watching a film, reading a book, playing a game of football, going on a night out - it ends at some point. The idea is to enjoy it whilst you're there. I don't mean to sound hopelessly optimistic, but there's a lot about life to enjoy and the trap most people fall into is to worship mediocrity and aim low. The second biggest trap people fall into is to judge their happiness and success in material terms.

I've got no proof to back me up on this but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that humans are afraid of dying. Not in the obvious way, we all know we're going to die. I mean in the way that people try to escape death in a certain way by having children, letting some part of them existing as they disappear of the face of earth. The risk of having that part disappear as well is a threat to their immortality, which gives them a kinda of death anxiety.

That toppled with the fact that if you believe in a sort of religious end of the world you're afraid of the judgement that is to come. Every single deed and misdeed is to be inspected and those that haven't done enough will be perished to hell for all eternity. That scares the living crap out of people. Knowing that maybe that'll happen.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I've got no proof to back me up on this but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that humans are afraid of dying. Not in the obvious way, we all know we're going to die. I mean in the way that people try to escape death in a certain way by having children, letting some part of them existing as they disappear of the face of earth. The risk of having that part disappear as well is a threat to their immortality, which gives them a kinda of death anxiety.

That toppled with the fact that if you believe in a sort of religious end of the world you're afraid of the judgement that is to come. Every single deed and misdeed is to be inspected and those that haven't done enough will be perished to hell for all eternity. That scares the living crap out of people. Knowing that maybe that'll happen.

I understand that, and people should think about their legacy and try to make the world a better place. Not just because it's ethical, but because it's very satisfying to do so. My concern is that people spend too much time focused on working towards arbitrary goals which make them feel hopeless or meaningless. When your aims in life are identical to 80% of people in your country, you are bound to feel like a drone.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

He's Iranian

Why would anyone hate him for being Iranian? Nobody cares about Abu's opinion.

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Born in a agnostic family. Lot's of crap happens in life which make me ask myself why did all those gods make peoples goes through stuff like this while they always trying to write themselves as the ultimate benevolently good deity that care for any and every beings.

Then did some readings on the internet. Instant atheist.

He's Iranian

lol, How'd you came up to that conclusion? I may be Nigerian, Iraqish, Lybian, Algerian, Micronesian, Korean, Australian and what not.

But nevermind that.

Are you trolling us m8?

No. 

9anTOCI.jpg?3

Why would anyone hate him for being Iranian? Nobody cares about Abu's opinion.

I guessed based on the following facts:

1. He said he denied what people assumed was his religion. Based on appearance, it is hard to determine someone's religion for the most part. The exceptions: most people of Arabic or middle eastern origin are Muslim. Over 95% in most of those countries. With Indians you can usually tell if they are Muslim, Hindu or Sikh by their dress.

2. He said his country was hated by everyone. There aren't many countries which are hated by "everyone" (an exaggeration whichever country it is). America is out because of point 1. India isn't a hated country. Similarly I doubt he is Chinese or Japanese. Out of middle eastern nations, Iran and Saudi Arabia are probably the most disliked. I'd go for Iran out of those two.

3. He said his country was a mix of theocracy and democracy. Snide comments about America aside, there are not many theocratic countries. Actually only the Vatican city, Tibet (in exile), and Iran are theocratic. Of those, only Iran has democratic elements.

The only other option is Israel, and that's only because he said G-d which is a typically Jewish way to say God.

So there you have it, Iran or Israel. Take your pick.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

I guessed based on the following facts:

1. He said he denied what people assumed was his religion. Based on appearance, it is hard to determine someone's religion for the most part. The exceptions: most people of Arabic or middle eastern origin are Muslim. Over 95% in most of those countries. With Indians you can usually tell if they are Muslim, Hindu or Sikh by their dress.

2. He said his country was hated by everyone. There aren't many countries which are hated by "everyone" (an exaggeration whichever country it is). America is out because of point 1. India isn't a hated country. Similarly I doubt he is Chinese or Japanese. Out of middle eastern nations, Iran and Saudi Arabia are probably the most disliked. I'd go for Iran out of those two.

3. He said his country was a mix of theocracy and democracy. Snide comments about America aside, there are not many theocratic countries. Actually only the Vatican city, Tibet (in exile), and Iran are theocratic. Of those, only Iran has democratic elements.

The only other option is Israel, and that's only because he said G-d which is a typically Jewish way to say God.

So there you have it, Iran or Israel. Take your pick.

I admire your thinking. Yes, I'm Iranian :)

9anTOCI.jpg?3

I really would 100% not be ashamed to come from a country which can rightfully claim to be one of the most important cradles of human civilisation mate. If you're not in agreement with the current government well, I don't think you're alone. But there's nothing shameful about being from Iran!

Thank you. That made my day.

• Upvote 1

9anTOCI.jpg?3

hey i hate shiites not iraniis

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I prefer Persians to Saudi Sunnis any day.

Fun fact, not all Iranians are Persians :P I got educated at length about this by a guy from Mazandaran.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Iranian shia's arent muslim

Every time one of you Sunnis argue this it sounds like you are saying something stupid like Puerto Ricans are not real Hispanics.

Shia is a sect of Islam. Get over it. It may not be one you agree with on their practices. But no matter how much you keep denying it, Shia Islam is still going to be a sect of Islam. Maybe, just maybe, this might be one of the reasons Islam gets a bad rap?

• Upvote 2

hate is a strong word

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I really would 100% not be ashamed to come from a country which can rightfully claim to be one of the most important cradles of human civilisation mate. If you're not in agreement with the current government well, I don't think you're alone. But there's nothing shameful about being from Iran!

Thank you. That made my day.

I've been around the world several times with the U.S. Navy over a 20 year period....22 countries to be exact.  I'm very much interested in history, it's just one my personal passions.  I've been over in the Gulf on 5 of my 6 deployments and would have loved to kick around in Iraq and Iran, but for obvious reasons, was never able to make over there.  I hope some day before I get to terribly old, I'll travel over as a civilian to take in the history.  Nothing to be ashamed of at all to say where you are from.  If you like/love it, defend it openly, if not, move away to a place you find intriguing, if you don't like it, you can always move back!  I've been toying with that idea for awhile now, but I'm too lazy, plus, I haven't figured out where I'd like to go.

• Upvote 3

X4EfkAB.png