DEIC Bank Content Anomaly

Hubotz

Friedman? How about Mises, Rothbard and SEK III? Greenspan was a sellout after he seized the throne of the Federal Reserve redacting everything he originally said about Central Banking. Remember there is always Bastiat.

And Greenspan's first name is Alan.  Some hero worship, he cannot even get his name right.

Priest of Dio

Friedman? How about Mises, Rothbard and SEK III? Greenspan was a sellout after he seized the throne of the Federal Reserve redacting everything he originally said about Central Banking. Remember there is always Bastiat.

Are you Ancap? I've never heard anyone else bring up SEK III.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Well.

If DEIC doesn't pay up stating the unavailability of cash as a reason, I am pretty sure the coalition against them can write a debt contract with interest. If they do not honor this financial commitment when the payments are due, we can witness gunboat diplomacy at its finest in Orbis. All casus belli lovers would wet their pants over such a beautiful lead up to war.

If the incompetent leadership doesn't even sign a debt contract, then we will continue to bomb their infra I suppose. Though bombing zeroed nations is very boring.

• Upvote 1
77oKn5K.png

I was surprised that Covenant reacted against Syndicate/TEst/SK, especially DEIC after all the crap talking about them on Prefontaine/Tenage's radio show.

Well...  now I understand all the shit talking.

• Downvote 1

Well number one if we had 300 mil kinda mad my aid request didn't go through.

Secondly, BoC takes 300mil from an ally presumed to be aid from the war and it get's shit because we don't know what's going on in peace talks and such?

I mean, say you just got your ass handed to you in war, your ally sends you 300mil, first thought is obviously "hm wait this is probably money DEIC needs to pay off the peace treaty that we haven't even heard of. Those scandalous bastards them.", not "oh hey thanks guys for the great rebuilding aid, such wonderful allies you are."

Shit talk me all you want, that's my opinion on it.

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

Secondly, BoC takes 300mil from an ally presumed to be aid from the war and it get's shit because we don't know what's going on in peace talks and such?

I mean, say you just got your ass handed to you in war, your ally sends you 300mil, first thought is obviously "hm wait this is probably money DEIC needs to pay off the peace treaty that we haven't even heard of. Those scandalous bastards them.", not "oh hey thanks guys for the great rebuilding aid, such wonderful allies you are."

If your ally is not letting you know what's going on or being asked of them during peace negotiations then you don't have such a "wonderful ally". 

Hell, Tenages told me how the peace talks were going before we even officially signed a protectorate. Maybe not specific details, but I knew enough. DEIC is your MADP ally. 

Nobody blames BoC for taking the cash, everyone blames DEIC for sending it and then denying it to cry poor.

• Wiki Mod

Nobody blames BoC for taking the cash, everyone blames DEIC for sending it and then denying it to cry poor.

Speak for yourself.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Wiki Mod

Alright, fair enough. Every one but Mensa believes in BoC incompetence.

We believe in their incompetence, doesn't mean we are going to play softball & give everyone a participation ribbon.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Noone thank liberty or freedom for the ability to play this game, truley must be evil to be free and allowed to do what ever it is we want. Obviously boc keeps the money and deic just take peace and rebuild there will be more chances to get back at us. Diablos you need to get off that time of the month already girl youre pms redefines crazy!

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, you obviously know what's going on now, so the question is, are you going to deny it and/or refuse to turn it over to protect a shitty ally, or actually honor the peace agreement?

eStUYHv.png

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, you obviously know what's going on now, so the question is, are you going to deny it and/or refuse to turn it over to protect a shitty ally, or actually honor the peace agreement?

There is so much wrong with this I just can't even. In our peace treaty, was there a mention of us being able to receive or distribute aid to our allies? Hmm... no I don't see that. Here, I'll link you the agreement posted again Just for a &#33;@#&#036;ing reminder: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9266-peace-for-brotherhood-of-clouds/

We owe you nothing. Just because DEIC payed us in reps and now can't afford to pay you does not force us to give you guys the money that DEIC doesn't even owe you because I don't even see any sign of a peace treaty yet...?

So did DEIC play a shitty tactic? Maybe, but that doesn't mean that DEIC or BoC owes any alliance here Jack shit, nor are we breaking any remote sort of peace treaty.

There is so much wrong with this I just can't even. In our peace treaty, was there a mention of us being able to receive or distribute aid to our allies? Hmm... no I don't see that. Here, I'll link you the agreement posted again Just for a !@#$ reminder: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9266-peace-for-brotherhood-of-clouds/

We owe you nothing. Just because DEIC payed us in reps and now can't afford to pay you does not force us to give you guys the money that DEIC doesn't even owe you because I don't even see any sign of a peace treaty yet...?

So did DEIC play a shitty tactic? Maybe, but that doesn't mean that DEIC or BoC owes any alliance here Jack shit, nor are we breaking any remote sort of peace treaty.

Buddy, I don't think this is a smart move on your part. That peace treaty of yours isn't some sort of magical document that turns you untouchable.

• Upvote 3

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Hey Clarke, a few words of advice.

The word I want you to keep in mind while reading all of this is spine. Got that?

Here's what your situation is. You are woefully, hopelessly incompetent. Your coalition managed to turn what would otherwise have been a sure thing fight, with 500k vs 350k, into a curbstomp of what was previously the most powerful bloc in the game. Not only that, throughout the entire war, you compounded mistake after mistake. First, you attacked the allies of your allies, then you directly attacked your ally trying to hide behind legalese to justify what otherwise would have been seen as the worst perfidy. Guess what, it didn't work. Then your allies alienated their own protectorates in what should otherwise have been seen as naked aggression against non-combatants, with the protectorates quickly begging their attackers to stop, them jumping off into the enemy coalition. The bank heist is your crowning glory, the most incompetent piece of work I've seen this entire war. How could you have expected that you'd be able to get away with it?

Now, normally, I would recommend that you just throw in the towel, give the enemy the money, and resign. The problem is, your coalition is incompetent. Think about the next war. The current one almost completely crippled the power of your cluster; despite looking strong on paper, it turns out that BoC can't fight, UPN has incompetent FA, and DEIC has the worst leadership in the game.

Where do you think you're going to go from here? If it were anyone else, you'd have a small, but reasonable chance of being able to strip off allies from the enemy power bloc, and turn the impending aggressive war into a narrow upset. But for you, the collection of dumb FA, dumb leadership, and incompetent fighters, this isn't going to happen. You are already isolated, you will become more isolated, and you are going to lose the next war.

Hence, to cede to terms means that you will simply give the enemy what they want, and resign yourself to yet another beating a couple of months down the line. To accede is to cede.

What you can do instead, however, is to rally the troops. Confess to all of DEIC your mistakes, take responsibility for your actions, and tell all of DEIC they are free. If they want to leave, they can leave, there's nothing binding them to the alliance, and you can even throw in a bit of spare change if they will surrender and leave the alliance. As to the rest, the situation is thus.

DEIC has already been decimated. You have no top or mid-tier assets remaining, and your rebuild will be difficult if not impossible. The war is already going on into its third week, a new record, not only for damage taken by the losing party, not least to say the most incompetent execution of a war in PnW history (even Tenages et al didn't play their cards this badly, when they made a mistake, they quickly recovered, burnt off the incompetent leadership, and got somewhat amenable peace terms), but also for length of war; I believe the VE war took 21 days.

The money, if you spend it wisely, can be used to fund lower-tier raiding. The enemy is as exhausted as you are, but they are not fighting for their lives. By careful targeting, you can make sure that you will deal comparable damage to the enemy. You won't win this, of course, but in every defeat there remains an attainable victory.

Hence, tell the members that want to leave, to leave, but the members that do stay, should be prepared for the long haul, and to face almost insurmountable odds. What your enemy has shown they don't understand is that there is a certain dignity in fighting losing battles, in fighting battles that cannot be won in the flesh, but in the spirit. The longer you hold the enemy, the less time they will have to commit to rebuilding, the more fatigue their leadership will fall under, and well, let's say this, the longer they will have to deal with you as an insufferable negotiator.

Of course you will lose the next war after this, but by winning this small battle, you will emerge in a far stronger position. Brotherhood can be fostered by shared suffering in ways no other experience can. In this scenario, when faced between sparing the axe in this war to face it again in the next, and taking the axe in both this war and the next, the important word is spine. And spine is something that no amount of pixels can take away from you.

That said, you're a terrible leader and I doubt you have the guts to implement such a plan. I expect a long future ahead of you as a Mensa punching bag, or a retirement in disgrace. It is your small chance to emerge from the war as the least incompetent The Covenant leader, and you will not take it.

-Inst

• Upvote 3

Buddy, I don't think this is a smart move on your part. That peace treaty of yours isn't some sort of magical document that turns you untouchable.

So instead we fork over 300 million because it makes SK and company sad?

Look, normally most alliances can sort out some sort of agreement. However, when Partisan goes and gives BoC an ultimatum saying we have 24 hours to decide whether we pay the Coalition the money (not even just sending it back to DEIC) or risk tensions, although all the people who signed the peace treaty agreed to a 60 day NAP? Why would you insinuate that a group of alliances expecting us to do the "honorable" thing would do a "dishonorable" thing such as break a treaty?

Edited by Lord of Puns