gg no re

Shellhound

All putting it at the feet of Pubstomper does is whitewash Rose's blunders, and make the previous and next leader (Keegoz & Belisarius) relish in being considered these grand beacons of competency and such. 

I am less informed about the inner workings of Rose.  Maybe Pubstomper is dictatorial and deserves all the blame.  Or the part of the cabal does.  Or maybe the entire top leadership.  I donno, that's why I asked.

As to the last leader thinking that he should be considered competent:

When an organization that I oversee or train is failing due to its culture, organization, or personalities(people) the first place I look is at the last leadership team.  If the previous leader did not leave an effective team in his, what I call, "wake" then there are serious concerns about that individual's leadership competence.

You are right about the next leader if he can make improvements.  Maybe he or she, and their team, will deserve this credit.  So best wishes to those folks.

-signature removed for rules violation-

I am less informed about the inner workings of Rose.  Maybe Pubstomper is dictatorial and deserves all the blame.  Or the part of the cabal does.  Or maybe the entire top leadership.  I donno, that's why I asked.

As to the last leader thinking that he should be considered competent:

When an organization that I oversee or train is failing due to its culture, organization, or personalities(people) the first place I look is at the last leadership team.  If the previous leader did not leave an effective team in his, what I call, "wake" then there are serious concerns about that individual's leadership competence.

You are right about the next leader if he can make improvements.  Maybe he or she, and their team, will deserve this credit.  So best wishes to those folks.

From my knowledge Pubstomper is the opposite of dictatorial, but I myself haven't been in Rose to confirm this obviously. 

I'd be more concerned about the strategists they have. If any, that is.

It's really hard to mess up the opening initiative.

If I had to make a guess for the failure of their diplomacy/strategy/military... I'd say at the top lays a fellow/s who aren't all that competent in such matters but have quite a number of important friends and seniority, and with this behind them they attack anything that goes against them thereby ensuring a firm grip on how the alliance acts (bad if they aren't very good naturally). 

If so all these failures would undoubtedly fall on him/them. 

However that is just speculation on my part, but I'd not doubt some members in Rose of being guilty of such a thing. 

From my knowledge Pubstomper is the opposite of dictatorial, but I myself haven't been in Rose to confirm this obviously. 

If I had to make a guess for the failure of their diplomacy/strategy/military... I'd say at the top lays a fellow/s who aren't all that competent in such matters but have quite a number of important friends and seniority, and with this behind them they attack anything that goes against them thereby ensuring a firm grip on how the alliance acts (bad if they aren't very good naturally). 

If so all these failures would undoubtedly fall on him/them. 

However that is just speculation on my part, but I'd not doubt some members in Rose of being guilty of such a thing. 

I think we are on the same page.  I did not mean to imply that he was, as i have no idea, merely to state it was one of three distinct possibilities.  I suspect just based on their published leadership structure that it is somewhere in the middle with an some distribution of responsibilities (blame if you must) but that list generally confuses me as to roles and responsibilities.  Perhaps it confuses them as well...one of the most common problems in such structures is a lack of defined roles.

I don't think anyone can diagnose Rose's problem without being familiar with how they work internally, and it doesn't seem fair to speculate without that firsthand knowledge.

I don't think anyone can diagnose Rose's problem without being familiar with how they work internally, and it doesn't seem fair to speculate without that firsthand knowledge.

Nobody is really, well Roz and I are not anyway.  We were having more of a theoretical discussion about the various possibilities of how the problem is distributed.

Don't get me wrong, we should give credit to The Syndicate. They reacted pretty quickly and got their attacks going as soon as the war started. Any move Rose made, Syndicate seemingly countered.

• Downvote 1

I've been really impressed this war, t$ did a great job here, they turned a tough 1v1 match-up and flipped it around. Really amazing to watch.

Mensa also gets a shout-out, they have also done a phenomenal job chewing through one alliance after another. Much respect to go around.

• Upvote 4

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Either way, I'm enjoying this game again.

Thank you to all of tS, who made this game fun and interesting once again

• Upvote 6

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Ya, this pretty much all became an inevitability the moment Kimmy left t$.

• Upvote 1

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Casus belli confirmed to be Kim leaving.

Also thank you for the nuke Kim, it's my first nuke :D

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I think you make a good point Pre.  Would you recommend a complete overhaul of Rose's leadership or is it limited to a couple of poor leaders?

From what I've heard from current members of Rose is that there were several leaders who dropped the ball pretty hard. Pub's a large part of the blame, sure, but far from the only one to blame. I blame Pub for the poor decision making in terms of going to war and the way they did it, less with mistakes prior to the war as he's fairly recently come back to the throne.

Those alliances with Pub leading/in leadership don't have the best track record in PW. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Kastor put it best (surprisingly enough), Roses problem is that they're a group of IRC friends masquerading as an alliance.

> Giving credit to Kastor for analysis

We'll see if that ends up being a bad thing. For one it means that the members of Rose generally like one another and that can hardly end up being portrayed as a fault. 

Also:

> ITT enemies of Rose speculate on the internal failings of Rose. An interesting read to be sure :) The consideration is truly heartfelt.