Biggest Surprise of "The Proxy War" so far?

Buorhann

Biggest Surprise of "The Proxy War" so far?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which option surprised you the most?

• Mensa HQ declaring war on Vanguard
    • Rose/VE declaring war on Syndicate/Guardian
    • Rose's offense initiative blunder
    • The number of alliances declaring war on VE
    • The amount of nukes/missiles being used
    • The lack of war between Rose/Mensa HQ
    • Other ( Please state below )

i went with rose's offensive blunder, i have been in rose for the marrionnette war and the war before this one and both times rose was able to pull off an effective update blitz. But this time they jumped hours early preventing them from being able to buy forces 10-20 minutes before update and hit their enemies and then buy forces again immediately after update and hit their opponents again to cause as much damage as possible while being a day ahead in military purchase. This blunder has prevented them from knocking synd down a peg or two preventing them from being able to fight with a huge advantage.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

Personally it was a tough choice for me.  It came down to either the support against VE, especially from a few alliances that I didn't expect to get involved, or Rose's offense initiative blunder.  It's really hard to screw up that big of a head start when you start up battles.  Especially if you manage to do it turn change over, where you have 7 AP to get those first crucial strikes in before your opponents can react.

• Downvote 1

Just tS doing better in a 1v1 vs Rose in my books.

I agree!  That is a big surprise.  I saw t$ fighting back very well, but when I saw a few Rose nations attempt to regain the initiative at server change over, I thought they were done.  Log back in the next day and Syndicate is right back on top.  It's crazy how they're maneuvering.  Mad props to the Top Corporation of Orbis.

• Downvote 1

The Supreme Beard has blessed the $yndicate richly. I had a vision in which a Beard came down from the Bearded Heavens and cast a shadow over a field of Roses. This mighty Beard's shadow was so dark that the roses immediately wilted and withered into nothingness. 

-CV007 of Beardlandia, Vicar of the Supreme Beard and Harbinger of Destruction upon the Beardless 

• Upvote 1

I would like to say that the way this war is being fought is completely retarded.

How so?  You're in a 1v1 with Syndicate.  That's probably the best battle that an alliance could ever get in the history of this game considering many usually involve multiple parties.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mensa HQ declaring war on Vanguard - Called it some time before it happened.

Rose/VE declaring war on Syndicate/Guardian - The idea was knocked about for some time before it happened.

Rose's offense initiative blunder - I thought it was 50:50 honestly on how effective their initial attack was going to be.

The number of alliances declaring war on VE - Congratulations to Rose, condolences to Viridian Entente.

The amount of nukes/missiles being used - Rose, Guardian, and such had been stocking up a lot of nukes for some time.

The lack of war between Rose/Mensa HQ - Mensa attacked to bait Rose, and when they didn't take the bait it seemed obvious Rose was going to try and avoid Mensa (Rose fears Dio and all that).

I suppose I'd go with Rose's poor offence combined with Syndicate's hardy fightback. Syndicate are by no means chumps so I was hardly expecting them to fight badly, but it seems they are fighting exceptionally well. 

• Upvote 5

Mensa using horrible inferences to have the other side get banned isn't mentioned?  

-Legend of Hornguardia

Yes, it IS a dancing tropical bird

Yes, it IS sick

No, it does NOT want your cracker

Mensa using horrible inferences to have the other side get banned isn't mentioned?  

Pettiness aside, I'm sticking strictly to the war and the decisions surrounding it.

If you want to continue with that option though, there is always the "Other" option to put your vote on.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

t$'s counter has been very impressive but I also didn't expect so many alliances to hit VE (or defend them for that matter). 

It'll be interesting to see how things go when the main forces of VE and of its opponents clash, which hasn't really happened yet. VE's upper tier is mostly tied up with Guardian who's still recovering from their initial blow but most of VE's upper tier got nuked and are beiged so no-one can declare on them and few if any made the decision to come out of beige.

The followers of Dio were all pleasantly surprised at Rose's blunder. Dio Brando himself has truly smiled upon our allies in tS, it seems. Their superior coordination against the Unclean Ones compounded upon this initial blessing.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

The followers of Dio were all pleasantly surprised at Rose's blunder. Dio Brando himself has truly smiled upon our allies in tS, it seems. Their superior coordination against the Unclean Ones compounded upon this initial blessing.

I want memes :(

You're all idiots. The biggest surprise was when the game ended all of your wars.

Xrtp5Fk.gif

Seriously. It was really fun spending tens of millions of dollars and tens of thousands of resources to ravage Phiney, only to have the plug get pulled before we could actually hurt him.

Seriously. It was really fun spending tens of millions of dollars and tens of thousands of resources to ravage Phiney, only to have the plug get pulled before we could actually hurt him.

Let that be a lesson to you.

T7Vrilp.png