Reduce the Efficacy of the Iron Dome...

Mark76

Or allow for a salvo of missiles to be fired (up to 4 at a time).

Because, with a 50% chance of success the Iron Dome wonder project is a tad too effective.

• Upvote 1

Allow two to be fired at once would be cool. Not four unless you can aim at different cities. If they attacked the same city, would the damage be rated in order implying the missiles landed one at a time or as if the city was hit fresh by each one all at the sametime? Huge infra damage difference.

Or allow for a salvo of missiles to be fired (up to 4 at a time).

Because, with a 50% chance of success the Iron Dome wonder project is a tad too effective.

So....you think one mechanic is overpowered and you suggested fix is to completely overpower it in the other direction by several times over.

Brilliant.

• Upvote 2

If Iron Domes become ubiquitous the best way to make them worthwhile again would be to reduce the action points needed to fire them, or raise how many you can buy a day.  No need for fancy mechanics regarding firing 2 at a time.

GnWq7CW.png

Two seems fair.  Reduces the chances of a successful interception to 25%.

I think.

The interception rate would remain 50%.  You would just roll that probability twice.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Imagine the rage when both rolls failed...

The probability of that is 25%.

The probability that 4 out of 4 missiles fired are all intercepted is 6.25%.

The probability that 8 out of 8 missiles fired are all intercepted is 0.39%.

Math and such.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Relying on missiles for offense/defense is not very wise. Reducing the efficiency of the ID doesn't solve anything, it would create more problems- if I have a ID I want it to work. There's always a chance it won't work, but that's a good thing.

imagine.png

It's not how hard you try, it's if you succeed.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a bit of a necro but, 7 out of 7 missiles I have launched against nations with Iron Dome, have been shot down, so I think saying its 50% effective isn't accurate or I am the most unlucky person on Orbis

The answer is your are the most unlucky person on Orbis :P

I know this is a bit of a necro but, 7 out of 7 missiles I have launched against nations with Iron Dome, have been shot down, so I think saying its 50% effective isn't accurate or I am the most unlucky person on Orbis

I launched 11 and only 2 hit. I know how you feel. 

The probability for that to happen is less than 1%, but since there's like hundreds of players here, someone is bound to be unlucky as hell

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png