Jurassic Park National Project, and Velociraptors

Alex

Jurassic Park National Project Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea, or stupid?

• Excellent Suggestion, Mr. Sheepy
    • This is stupid, why are you wasting your time with this

• Administrators

Alright everyone, the movie Jurassic World is about to come out and everyone is buzzing about dinosaurs. I got to thinking about what I thought might be a neat little addition to the game. Hear me out, and vote in the poll whether you like this idea or think it's stupid.

Adding a "Jurassic Park" National Project that you could buy, just like any other National Project. What this project unlocks is an Espionage Operation, called "Unleash Velociraptors."

What happens when you unleash velociraptors? You roll a random number generator, between 1 and (your target's score / 50, with a hard cap of 5 regardless of score) to determine how many raptors get loose in their nation. So what happens now if you've got velociraptors in your nation? Each velociraptor consumes 0.5 units of food per turn, for as long as they're alive in your nation. You have the option to put the velociraptors down at any point, but it costs $50,000 per velociraptor. So, you're faced with a choice, let your food supplies dwindle down and pay a premium for extra food each turn, or kill off the pests and save yourself some money in the long term.

That's pretty much it. The number of velociraptors in a nation would simply increase with each espionage op, until they were killed off. To keep it from sounding too utterly ridiculous, the "Jurassic Park" project would have a nice science-fiction-y description.

Also, for legal reasons, we probably couldn't call it the "Jurassic Park National Project". Something along the lines of "Dinosaur Genetics Research Laboratory" might be more on par with how it actually plays out. That, or "Triassic Park" ;)

EDIT: Projected costs from further down in the thread: 

Maybe $3,500,000; 50 Uranium (for mutations and stuff); and 200 Steel (for the building).

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

DO iT

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

What does it do to the nation building it?

How much does it cost?

Edit: I get this isn't fully figured out, but what is your idea of it?

Edited by Alataq

dpluao815a3.png

• Administrators

Uh... April Fools! ... no... wait wut

I know it's far from the most serious suggestion ever, but I think it could be fun and portrayed as semi-serious (kinda).

What does it do to the nation building it?

How much does it cost?

Edit: I get this isn't fully figured out, but what is your idea of it?

I didn't project any costs, but it would be comparable to other "cheap" projects. Maybe $3,500,000; 50 Uranium (for mutations and stuff); and 200 Steel (for the building).

As for what it does to the nation that builds it, it would put you at a bit of a disadvantage "wasting" one of your national project slots.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yes

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

So if targeting a 1,000 score nation you'd have the chance to set off 1-100 raptors to consume 25-2,500 food per turn, 300-30,000 food per day. Than if the targeted nation wants to kill the raptors it'd cost 100,000-10,000,000. Not only that but it sounds like you can increase the number with more "Raptor Espionage Op"... no limit given to how many ops can be stacked and people can take 3 ops per day... which considering the project cost you put down there everyone will have so in reality you'll be taking 3 of those daily... 

Well it certainly sounds like game over for whoever gets hit. Raptors will consume their food supply totally with ease to the point they will have to devote much of their income to buying food (whoops if they are blockaded). Once they are in the situation of having no food they'll quickly become unable to get the cash to kill all the raptors anyway who will pile up more and more.

So basically... what this entails is making food useless and having us all play with no food. Certainly a unique idea I suppose.

• Upvote 3

Also, for legal reasons, we probably couldn't call it the "Jurassic Park National Project". Something along the lines of "Dinosaur Genetics Research Laboratory" might be more on par with how it actually plays out. That, or "Triassic Park" ;)

The raptor was actually in the Cretaceous Period... so it should be Cretaceous Park. >_>

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

• Administrators

up to 100 raptors... potentially ten mil for each veloci-ops targeted at my nation

Sheepy you are a madman

So if targeting a 1,000 score nation you'd have the chance to set off 1-100 raptors to consume 25-2,500 food per turn, 300-30,000 food per day. Than if the targeted nation wants to kill the raptors it'd cost 100,000-10,000,000. Not only that but it sounds like you can increase the number with more "Raptor Espionage Op"... no limit given to how many ops can be stacked and people can take 3 ops per day... which considering the project cost you put down there everyone will have so in reality you'll be taking 3 of those daily... 

Well it certainly sounds like game over for whoever gets hit. Raptors will consume their food supply totally with ease to the point they will have to devote much of their income to buying food (whoops if they are blockaded). Once they are in the situation of having no food they'll quickly become unable to get the cash to kill all the raptors anyway who will pile up more and more.

So basically... what this entails is making food useless and having us all play with no food. Certainly a unique idea I suppose.

Perhaps my idea was a little misguided. Maybe we put a hard limit on the number of raptors that can be spawned per attack, at something like 10.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I thought this was a joke so I supported it, if it isn't a joke I don't.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It's a little different, but to say you don't support it just because is pretty stupid. Obviously you can't have 100 raptors eating 30,000 food per day. There has to be a reasonable limit. But the idea itself is fun and different, and I wouldn't mind seeing it get done in some way.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

It's a little different, but to say you don't support it just because is pretty stupid. Obviously you can't have 100 raptors eating 30,000 food per day. There has to be a reasonable limit. But the idea itself is fun and different, and I wouldn't mind seeing it get done in some way.

Yes, I hadn't considered the extreme consequences of this, and updated the OP to throw in a hard limit of 5 raptors/op. That's a max of 15 raptors unleashed in your nation per day.

After rethinking the numbers, how about this:

Max of 5 raptors unleashed per attack. They cost $50K to put down, each. They eat .5 tons of food/turn, or 6/day.

So, for 15 raptors, that's $750K (50000*15) to put them all down, or pay $9K/day (0.5*15*100*12) to put up with them. Seem more reasonable?

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yes, I hadn't considered the extreme consequences of this, and updated the OP to throw in a hard limit of 10 raptors/op. That's a max of 30 raptors unleashed in your nation per day, a total of $3m to get rid of, or ~$900K/day in food (12*25*100*30)

Even that seems a bit much. Perhaps reducing that hard cap to 5/attack would be better.

EDIT: As well as reducing it to $750K to kill the raptor. 

That's a max of 15 raptors unleashed in your nation per day, a total of $1,125,000 to get rid of, or $450K/day in food (12*25*100*15).

Why not just cap it at a certain number of raptors per nation? Seems like a safer way to do it.

Uh oh, I just got dinosaurs out of my dreams DX

But seriously, this in Politics and War, not Dinosaurs and War, it would change things up and the meaning of the game way too much I think.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk