6/9/2015 - Prohibition of Automated Trading

Alex

It's good, as long as you can genuinely tell the difference between a bot and someone manually making trades.

Didn't even know there were market bots in action but I guess it was inevitable at some point.  If there are, they aren't that advanced because good deals can still be had easily enough.

Wait. This was legal? I thought the use of automated anything had been against the rules since forever :o

It wasn't officially listed, however I am sure that if there was an obvious case of it, the person would be banned.

dpluao815a3.png

Good rule. I actually didn't know the market bots were real.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

• Administrators

As a fun sidenote, I also added two new rows to Alliance pages. 

kTErz3k.png

You can now see a count of Beige and Gray nations on alliance pages, as well as what % of the alliance they make up. I'm sure some stat freak somewhere will love this, and you may also enjoy watching enemy alliances' beige count/percentage increase during wartimes.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Looks like im back to the bookmark method ):

I've told other people that may have been using my excel program that it is in Violation of the new rule.

For anyone that doesn't know (i didn't publicize it but didn't hide it either) i built an excel program that would scrape prices and submit orders with macros the user would initiate. Definitely scripting but not botting

I'm not going to pretend my method was previously a gray area but i will happily Comply with the new rules (and hopefully anyone else using my work). I'm sure im under close watch as it is. I've had suspicions about other users because i know how fast i can go with my program, and i see how fast others can be at times so i think this is good for the game as a whole. Bad for me, but better for many more

As a fun sidenote, I also added two new rows to Alliance pages. 

kTErz3k.png

You can now see a count of Beige and Gray nations on alliance pages, as well as what % of the alliance they make up. I'm sure some stat freak somewhere will love this, and you may also enjoy watching enemy alliances' beige count/percentage increase during wartimes.

If you have an applicant that is on beige, will they show up on the statistics?

So automated trading is banned.  That makes perfect sense and is a good change.

How about scripts that add visibility of the markets and potential links to those markets?  Ones where you would still have to buy/sell goods yourself.

That type of script is useful as it saves going to each individual page to find out prices all of the time.  They give a visibility of the market rather than an automated trade.

If those are also banned, may I suggest that such a feature is added into the game?

• Upvote 1

It's about time. This was going on for months at least and I hope to see the market does better now that it's less convenient for the scalpers to rip everybody off.

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

If you have an applicant that is on beige, will they show up on the statistics?

Nope.

So automated trading is banned.  That makes perfect sense and is a good change.

How about scripts that add visibility of the markets and potential links to those markets?  Ones where you would still have to buy/sell goods yourself.

That type of script is useful as it saves going to each individual page to find out prices all of the time.  They give a visibility of the market rather than an automated trade.

If those are also banned, may I suggest that such a feature is added into the game?

No, that type of thing isn't an issue. As long as you're still sitting there, at the computer, clicking the buttons and buying and selling yourself that's fine. When you do something like set a script to run 24/7 to watch for deals and snag them up automatically, etc. that's breaking the rules, and the new security measures should prevent that from being possible any longer.

Was their an actual issue for this or did sheepy have an nightmare?

As Seabasstion said, he had developed a script and was using it, and shared it with other players. It was something that I was aware of was happening, but it took me some time to come up with a way to enforce the rule.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic