How much longer is this war going to last?

Lu Xun

94 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think this war will end?

• June 3rd-June 5th
    • June 5th-June 10th
    • June 11th-June 20th
    • June 21st-July 10th
    • FOREVEER!!!!! (no one is going to take you seriously if you choose this option)

Just presenting information for all combatants.

Update: took out the June 1st, June 2nd options as no one voted for it, and it's now June 3rd. Good luck!

Edited by Inst

Well, don't take it seriously. It's not like Guard / SK won't go full retard, get all their members to do a forum sign-up and vote the Foreveer!!!! option to try to out-De-Gaulle impero.

• Upvote 1

If SK and Guardian do try to stay true to their claims about not paying up, then I would assume sometime after the tenth. Try, being the keyword. 

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

The war will end when the less central alliances decide they got their fill of war, don't want to create any long-term bad-blood, and white peace out Guardian and SK.  Then the rest of the alliances will follow due to lack of coverage.

Plus the upkeep on big militaries and the harder fights in the lower tiers lead to shorter wars in general than in some games (that suck).  One bright aspect to Orbis.  I've the war lasts even a month, it will only show a fundamental misunderstanding of game mechanics.

• Upvote 3

It ends when it ends.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light

is that a challenge.

Not to instigate... but yes... yes I believe it was

However in all seriousness, its all on economics now. How long can Guardian and SK maintain the economic game... and better question how often are their members being beiged. The more they get beiged, the longer the war can go on because it gives their members a chance for reprieve, plus the availability of slots as more members get beiged out makes a bottleneck making the numbers against them mean a lot less. I HOPE it'll be over today, or tomorrow... but realistically I'm not the leadership of SK and Guardian.. it ends when it ends.

Most of the people I'm currently fighting have no idea that I really don't care for infra loss.

In fact, that plays directly to my strengths. This war will last at least long as it takes to get more favorable terms that are negotiatable.

If that takes a year so be it. We'll just keep wrecking their lower tiers into their tax farms stop producing

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

Most of the people I'm currently fighting have no idea that I really don't care for infra loss.

In fact, that plays directly to my strengths. This war will last at least long as it takes to get more favorable terms that are negotiatable.

If that takes a year so be it. We'll just keep wrecking their lower tiers into their tax farms stop producing

Thanks for the tip-off, mate

• Upvote 1

PnW spy brag.png

"One week later" - Spongebob Narrator

• Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

So I take it I should start converting the length record of this war in the APR from just days into weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, millenniums, etc.? (._. )

xzhPlEh.png?1

lmao please send someone who has the ability to fight me. I don't want any quitters. Cheers

also im not sure your alliance will survive that , you cant ask your members to stay active when they will get rolled indefinitely while VE etc can just boost there members when you attack them :D or even worse keep 3 or 4 nations in range to hit you constantly while they get money for it for that they will be able to use to outgrow you :D 

but maybe the cheapest way to deal with it longterm is to pay argh 500K a week or however much it is now to just raid you constantly and when you are low enough how will you survive ?

i truly think surrender is the only viable option 

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation

Guardian just bailed, which I think is a terrible choice. Mensa HQ bailing out of the war showed terrible esprit de corps, but it was only one alliance and Mensa wasn't that good an alliance in the first place. Guardian just bailed on SK, leaving SK by itself, meaning that SK will be forced to surrender soon, and pay outsize reps on top of that.

Not wholly a bad strategic choice, the next war cycle will be upon us soon and when I look at the map, well...

if DEIC/VOC gets hit, then the UPN-VE coalition will be intact for the next war, and there will be zero chance of UPN-VE fracturing in the war after the next war. In this case, trying to play for the December war won't work because Guard / SK will have rebuilt sufficiently to be a viable alternative target for whatever coalition is in power in December.

If DEIC / VOC does not get hit, and the UPN-VE coalition fractures and turns on each other, well, in the case that Guard / SK plays for time, they gain nothing. In the case that they play for a fast rebuild instead of losing quickly, they are now in position to be a major player in politics again.

Still, it's a bad show; apparently Mensa will ditch on its allies in a losing war instead of forming a united front for negotiations, as will Guardian. The total group had the ability to sustain war for much longer than what actually showed, and they had the potential to turn this defeat into a victory of sorts.

===

Lastly, if you're familiar with the concept of the Wisdom of Crowds, it looks like the favored grouping of June 5th-June 10th will probably be correct. I would be highly impressed if SK could hold on past then, but when both of your allies have ditched, meaning that you've gone from 6:1 to 18:1 in a losing war, it'll be hard to make a real show of resolve, and even harder to make a show of resolve that can impress anyone.

Mensa wasn't that good an alliance in the first place.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif