Be careful of the rose, you might get pricked...

Greene

Attack a couple morons, and get some experience, so when they came on IRC, of course I was going to demand absolutely insane terms for peace: terms no one in their right mind, or even near right mind would accept. 

I have little opinion on the rest of your post, or even on the terms you imposed on them to be honest, however I think trying to pass those terms off as the above isn't the most honest thing you could do right now. 

Edited by Impero
  • Upvote 1

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Unlike in many other alliances, Cobalt doesn't have OPSEC, or at least not in the traditional sense. Leaks, when they occur, don't really impact us, since we are an open book. Heck, our growth programs are published for the world to  see. I think this leaker, whoever they are, and yes I do have my suspicions, wanted to cause a bit more drama, either themselves, or someone gained access to their computer and took the liberty, as it were. Who and how and why is not my concern right now. What is my concern, however, is ensuring that there is no misinformation going on here.

Joshua Granger and Ansom founded the 2nd CU. War ensued. I was more than happy to have the war take its course. Instead, I had both Joshua Granger and Ansom on IRC virtually begging me for peace. I viewed this as a great training exercise, so to speak, for my members. Attack a couple morons, and get some experience, so when they came on IRC, of course I was going to demand absolutely insane terms for peace: terms no one in their right mind, or even near right mind would accept. And then I was surprised. They accepted them. I knew they'd be dumb enough and do something again, but I figured it'd take them at least a month.

Mutant then founds the name, either directly at the behest of, or just as a well, you know what, I have no reason why Mutant felt the need to recreate the CU. So this 3rd CU is created, Josh and Ansom join it and gain government, Rose starts protecting it. Rose, the alliance that we had a good relationship with until I mismanaged the situation. Ever since then, I've felt that there was a distinct, I don't know if animosity is the right word, but it's what's coming to mind right now. Anyway, so Rose declares their protection of the CU, and I'm thinking, great, this isn't just Mutant being stupid or whatever, this is Rose trying to !@#$ around with us. Whether or not that was the intention, that's what it felt like to me. I then went ahead and posted the in-game announcement (which someone was kind enough to leak to rile everyone up), began chatting up Arrgh and DEIC, our contract and treaty partners respectively, and asked them if they'd support us. Arrgh, having just exited their own situation, bowed out, abstained, etc. There was never a yes or no decision from DEIC. Before it got to the point where I had to have an answer from them, my members, both via that thread and via private conversations, indicated that while they were willing, they would prefer not to go to war over this issue.

At that point, I made this announcement (the OP) indicating that we were not going to war with the 3rd CU. On a truly related note, I feel that whoever did the leaking did a piss poor job of it. They've done everyone a disservice by not actually posting the full thread. I've taken the liberty of doing so, and have uploaded it for anyone who wants to read it.

From what I read in your full thread, it seems that CC doesn't have the courage nor the gall to back up your claim to the name. So, that means to me, that you never had a real claim to begin with.

• Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

Unlike in many other alliances, Cobalt doesn't have OPSEC, or at least not in the traditional sense. Leaks, when they occur, don't really impact us, since we are an open book.

:huh:

• Upvote 1

If they have DEIC and perhaps Arrgh also than its clear that Grealind will be calling Rose's bluff. Rose starts a war over it by attacking Colbalt than they're in a tough spot as such opposition is formidable. If they deem it as not worth it and don't attack Colbalt than they'll be a laughing stock for after playing the big man cowering from DEIC/Colbalt/Arrgh.

I didn't quite expect this but I have to hand it to Grealind if this is all true. Very clever.

I can assure you nobody wants to fight on behalf of Grealind.

• Upvote 2

Ever since then, I've felt that there was a distinct, I don't know if animosity is the right word, but it's what's coming to mind right now. Anyway, so Rose declares their protection of the CU, and I'm thinking, great, this isn't just Mutant being stupid or whatever, this is Rose trying to !@#$ around with us. 

Animosity is definitely the right word.  Both of us are to blame for not trying to patch things up, but I also think that we should have not been the alliance to extend the olive branch.  We may have attacked you, but we would have never done so if you hadn't muddied the waters between us.

Unlike in many other alliances, Cobalt doesn't have OPSEC, or at least not in the traditional sense. Leaks, when they occur, don't really impact us, since we are an open book. Heck, our growth programs are published for the world to  see. I think this leaker, whoever they are, and yes I do have my suspicions, wanted to cause a bit more drama, either themselves, or someone gained access to their computer and took the liberty, as it were. Who and how and why is not my concern right now. What is my concern, however, is ensuring that there is no misinformation going on here.

Joshua Granger and Ansom founded the 2nd CU. War ensued. I was more than happy to have the war take its course. Instead, I had both Joshua Granger and Ansom on IRC virtually begging me for peace. I viewed this as a great training exercise, so to speak, for my members. Attack a couple morons, and get some experience, so when they came on IRC, of course I was going to demand absolutely insane terms for peace: terms no one in their right mind, or even near right mind would accept. And then I was surprised. They accepted them. I knew they'd be dumb enough and do something again, but I figured it'd take them at least a month.

Mutant then founds the name, either directly at the behest of, or just as a well, you know what, I have no reason why Mutant felt the need to recreate the CU. So this 3rd CU is created, Josh and Ansom join it and gain government, Rose starts protecting it. Rose, the alliance that we had a good relationship with until I mismanaged the situation. Ever since then, I've felt that there was a distinct, I don't know if animosity is the right word, but it's what's coming to mind right now. Anyway, so Rose declares their protection of the CU, and I'm thinking, great, this isn't just Mutant being stupid or whatever, this is Rose trying to !@#$ around with us. Whether or not that was the intention, that's what it felt like to me. I then went ahead and posted the in-game announcement (which someone was kind enough to leak to rile everyone up), began chatting up Arrgh and DEIC, our contract and treaty partners respectively, and asked them if they'd support us. Arrgh, having just exited their own situation, bowed out, abstained, etc. There was never a yes or no decision from DEIC. Before it got to the point where I had to have an answer from them, my members, both via that thread and via private conversations, indicated that while they were willing, they would prefer not to go to war over this issue.

At that point, I made this announcement (the OP) indicating that we were not going to war with the 3rd CU. On a truly related note, I feel that whoever did the leaking did a piss poor job of it. They've done everyone a disservice by not actually posting the full thread. I've taken the liberty of doing so, and have uploaded it for anyone who wants to read it.

I have a legitimate question; How [Censored because R-Word caused a warning point] are you?

Edited by Ansom

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

I wonder if things would have turned out differently had the reparations not been so egregious.

You know Orbis. If you can't get drama out of something, you create some.

Z98SzIG.png

tumblr_mc0ue96MU41rqr67jo3_500.gif

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

This thread has turned out better than most of my dumb threads. Congratulations to Me and the Orbis community as a whole

Edited by Mutant

More Leaks!

3:48 PM <•Ranoik> We are going to war, sign in. Each of you are either part of our defense department, or have some experience in defense. I'm going to need help drafting up target lists and setting up battle groups, including making sure that everyone has the resources, military, and money to fight this war.

If you didn't get that idea from this thread already you're kinda missing a few facilities.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I hate everyone involved in both sides of this mess.

Grealind, you honestly make me regret stopping Rose from rolling you into oblivion before. Rose, you continue to be third rate trolls, and now you've got Ansom on your side. Well done, you've somehow gotten worse.

That being said, congratulations Rose, on managing to definitively come off looking even worse than Grealind, which is damn hard to do. Stop picking on the special kid. Rolling CC  is so two months ago. Congratulations on your career as a low rent Guardian impersonator.

A plague o'both your houses.

Edited by Tenages
wF9Bjre.gif

Grealind, you honestly make me regret stopping Rose from rolling you into oblivion before. Rose, you continue to be third rate trolls, and now you've got Ansom on your side. Well done, you've somehow gotten worse.

That being said, congratulations Rose, on managing to definitively come off looking even worse than Grealind, which is damn hard to do. Stop picking on the special kid. Rolling CC  is so two months ago. Congratulations on your career as a low rent Guardian impersonator.

I believe the saying is pot calling the kettle black.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Let me do a rendition of every interaction with Keegoz as leader of Rose.

Keegoz: RAH RAH! WAR! WE'RE GONNA ROLL THIS TINY ALLIANCE BECAUSE IT'LL BE EASY AND WE HAVE NO BALLS.

Other leaders (Tenages, Mortimer, Shellhound, insert name here): "Have a big glass of sit down and shut the !@#$ up."

*Rose goes to the corner and sucks on its thumb while whimpering.

Edited by Tenages
  • Upvote 1
wF9Bjre.gif

Keegoz: RAH RAH! WAR! WE'RE GONNA ROLL THIS TINY ALLIANCE THAT CAN'T POSSIBLY STAND UP TO US.

Other leaders (Tenages, Mortimer, Shellhound, insert name here): "Have a big glass of sit down and shut the !@#$ up."

Or the fact that you enjoy protecting people who poach, spy and plot wars against us.

I believe the saying is pot calling the kettle black.

Keegoz: RAH RAH! WAR! WE'RE GONNA ROLL THIS TINY ALLIANCE BECAUSE IT'LL BE EASY AND WE HAVE NO BALLS.

Or the fact that you enjoy protecting people who poach, spy and plot wars against us.

tIJnGAZ.jpg

Get a room, you two. <_<

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

I have my own reindition/impersonation of you as leader of SK.

Tenages: HURR DURR I HATE EVERYONE BUT ESP ROSE , SO IMMA POST SOME 1/10 B8 POST IN THE OWF HURR DURR

*SK goes back to Guardian and get petted like a cute siberian husky*

• Upvote 2

aphelion3_zpsonpnqy10.png

Arrgh

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!