Recognition of Hostilities

Hansarius

They were, as far as we were aware, only a week old at most. And besides, why would I have wasted my time asking if the logs were real?

"me :Hey pubs, check out these logs that shows you are forming a coalition to attack us. this legit?"

"pubs: nah"

"me; lol k then, why would you lie"

And with II I figured they would DoW only one of us forcing the rest to counter declare, thus giving SK a way in.

I have no idea where you got this idea that the protectorate extended "2 weeks or something" past cancellation. It was right there in black and white in the treaty text that protection ended 4 days after notice of cancellation was served. Cancellation was announced a day or two before you attacked TAC. Even if II had attacked you the very next day after cancellation, (which they clearly couldn't have, having not militarized at all) to avoid this scenario you're painting, you would have needed to hold off on hitting II for 2-3 days. Hardly the end of the world.

Of course putting together the obvious pieces would have told you that even that wasn't going to be necessary. Between the timing of cancellation (right after word started floating that TAC wanted to treaty II, the fact that we, not very subtly, indicated our obvious irritation with II's FA direction in the cancellation text, and the multiple sources telling you SK had no interest in any "coalition to roll TC", it was blindingly obvious that SK wouldn't be joining any coalition to do anything to UPN and co.

And of course you put those pieces together. You're just trying to spin now, which is what happens in war, so spin away. (And if you didn't put those pieces together, that really doesn't speak well of the competence of UPN leadership, and especially FA at the time.)

wF9Bjre.gif

Underlordgc ,a very simple way to look this war. It is merely their reaction to TC's action to roll TAC earlier on. I am sure you are aware.there is a reaction to every action.

Just as you have the right to feel your action in rolling TAC is justified. They have the right to believe that their reaction is justified as well. So there is no point trying to spin or protray what you guys did is right and what they are doing now isnt.

Again, they !@#$ed about what we did then they did it themselves.

The key difference being that TC curbstomped one alliance, after they were convinced that alliance would be on its own, because at some point in the not so recent past, they'd briefly tried, and miserably failed, at gathering a coalition of their own.

We're attacking the only bloc in the game, with 3 top 10 alliances, that is numerically far superior to our forces, after they had already actually curbstomped one alliance.

wF9Bjre.gif

Karma is a !@#$

Karma is a !@#$

Well then I'd watch out if I were you.  The forces of nature cannot possibly smile upon someone who founded an alliance, ditched said alliance when it still had active members interested in continuing it, and is now actively rooting against said members that are currently residing in BoC.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

-snip-

Yes, because SK has proven that they care about the exact wording of their treaties in WWA, oh wait! Who are these "multiple sources" if I may ask? 

However, I will admit my mistake on the treaty timing. It said 15 days only if II reached a certain score threshold. The problem was, by that point, both sides were mobilized and war was inevitable.

that's called karma. Now here you are, !@#$ in about what you've already done. Do to others what you would have them do. We're simply fulfilling the proverb.

Then admit that TC did no wrong :P

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

So as much as people are arguing above me, I think this has been an eye opener for me. Never have I done this much P&W preparation, and I have to say it has been fun. Taking on a big task has been a learning experience, I didn't come into this expecting to take a missile, but I did. I didn't expect to make a comeback in a war, but I did. All this wartime stuff has been a better experience for me in the game, and I hope the same for others.

• Upvote 4

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Yes, because SK has proven that they care about the exact wording of their treaties in WWA, oh wait! Who are these "multiple sources" if I may ask? 

However, I will admit my mistake on the treaty timing. It said 15 days only if II reached a certain score threshold. The problem was, by that point, both sides were mobilized and war was inevitable.

Couldn't see the logic of this comment

Edited by Vincent

So as much as people are arguing above me, I think this has been an eye opener for me. Never have I done this much P&W preparation, and I have to say it has been fun. Taking on a big task has been a learning experience, I didn't come into this expecting to take a missile, but I did. I didn't expect to make a comeback in a war, but I did. All this wartime stuff has been a better experience for me in the game, and I hope the same for others.

I nominate Nao for MVP.
  • Upvote 3

q8nfyvc.gif

Apparently some people have called me a liar, care to give proof of my lies? I remember most of the private conversations and I remember carefully choosing my wording. So please, provide logs where I've lied.

Shhh now Prefontaine. We all know that we're wrong because we didn't tell them that we were planning on warring them weeks before the wars began.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

If you did no wrong then clearly were doing no wrong either. So I don't really see the point in the whining from your leaders. Either you did no wrong and therefore neither have we or you were wroNG and this is merely karma for your wrongs. As much as Saru and Hans want to have the best of both worlds, they cant.
  • Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

Did... both sides of the war just agree that they're both a-holes?

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 2

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

But Ashland, we're all !@#$ here.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

You are what you eat.

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!