Recognition of Hostilities

Hansarius

You son of a motherless goat! You told me you got rid of all of those!

Oh hey, I remember that from Beta...

Calm down there, Chief. Don't need to rush you to the VA because of an aneurysm. 

That's because of what you did in Shanghai. 

Let me tell you a little story about a war that happened long ago. The Mexicans didn't like too much that Texians wanted to be independent, you see. So General Santa Anna and a force of nearly 6,000 soldiers and marched into Texas. At the Alamo, about 1,800 Mexicans attacked in the cover of darkness, while most were sleeping. The defending force was just around 250. The battle lasted 13 days. The general consensus is that Santa Anna lost around 600 troops. One of his officers led an attack at Goliad with 1,500 against 500; this battle lasted 8 days. Mexicans lost roughly 350, while 472 Texans died. 28 were captured but managed to escape. Many of those who died in both of these battles weren't just killed; they were executed upon surrendering. 342 Prisoners of War were executed. When word of this got to Houston's Militia, it rallied up volunteers like no other. Now Houston's actions made people think he was a coward, because he spent a lot of time retreating, but he was a careful tactician. One month later, the day that Santa Anna got an additional 500 men (so he's roughly at 1,400), Houston led the attack in broad daylight. With only 900 men, they charged through the fields shouting "Remember the Alamo! Remember Goliad!" and it was a slaughter. In just 20 minutes, the Texians killed over 600, wounded about 200, and captured the rest. They only lost nine troops. Virtually every Commander at Fort Alamo, Goliad, and the ones under Houston all have cities, counties, streets, etc named after them. Hell, at my University most of the old dorms are named after battles or commanders. 

So next time you want to cry about people attacking in the dead of the night, just regroup your people and return the slaughter in broad daylight. TEst does it and screams BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, but you'll need your own slogan. Also, I'm still waiting for a dormitory named Saeton Hall. 

>"your a troll"

>"lier"

>"at least I can spell"

Would you like to redact that last sentence?

I was on the moon way before that, and I'm probably older "then" you. I've done moon stuff, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), TW, and a bunch of random crap I can't remember. The only game I have ever played that involved declaring war and giving the enemy time to build defense is Clash of Clans, which is a giant joke anyway.

/me holsters sidearm

/me apologizes

/me says you're free to go and to have a nice day

You're a daisy if you do.

Mine does too :(

Your story of the alamo  and armies winning battles with less men should cross over into the game and instead of the game giving the nation with the largest army a victory everytime maybe once in awhile the out numbered win.Many armies have done it many times throughout history

Your story of the alamo and armies winning battles with less men should cross over into the game and instead of the game giving the nation with the largest army a victory everytime maybe once in awhile the out numbered win.Many armies have done it many times throughout history

Please tell me you don't think the Texans won at the Alamo?
  • Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

As a Texan I can confirm that we certainly did not win at the Alamo. It was impressive, but when every last fighting man dies... well it's not really a victory. It inspired the rest of the troops that they were willing to go down to the very last man, but yeah, that wasn't a victory.

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

As someone who had their most famous family member die at the Alamo, I can say that they lost badly. It wasn't even a strategic victory until after the Texans beat Mexico, and it was easily a tactical defeat.

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

Please tell me you don't think the Texans won at the Alamo?

No they lost the alamo but the post carries on to say  about the victory the outnumbered forces won at a later date.Which is what my post was really about.Maybe i should of left the alamo part off the start

Edited by stetonic

No they lost the alamo but the post carries on to say  about the victory the outnumbered forces won at a later date

It fails to mention that the attack during broad daylight was a complete and total surprise as the Mexican troops didn't think they had the balls to attack in broad daylight, the majority of them were asleep and unarmed. Regardless of that, why the !@#$ are we talking about the history behind Texas Independence?

• Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

It fails to mention that the attack during broad daylight was a complete and total surprise as the Mexican troops didn't think they had the balls to attack in broad daylight, the majority of them were asleep and unarmed. Regardless of that, why the !@#$ are we talking about the history behind Texas Independence?

I am from the UK so i wont comment on US history but the british army has had many victories against the odds 

Edited by stetonic

I am from the UK so i wont comment on US history but the british army has had many victories against the odds 

The Thin Red Line was due to superior discipline. The fight against the Boers and Zulus was due to superior arms. The Battle of Talavera was due to Wellington's scheming. The Battle of Waterloo was due to Napoleon's Ego. The Battle of Agincourt was due to the French having chivalric ideas and commanders who wanted glory instead of commanders who realized there was mud on the field.

Luck and discipline is the reason the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom did so well before the 20th century when technology swiftly overtook all of that.

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

The Thin Red Line was due to superior discipline. The fight against the Boers and Zulus was due to superior arms. The Battle of Talavera was due to Wellington's scheming. The Battle of Waterloo was due to Napoleon's Ego. The Battle of Agincourt was due to the French having chivalric ideas and commanders who wanted glory instead of commanders who realized there was mud on the field.

Luck and discipline is the reason the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom did so well before the 20th century when technology swiftly overtook all of that.

So you are saying discipline does not count in a modern war and Luck is a myth tactics win battles.And as for not winning against the odds in the 20th century when technology was balanced or even against us.We where beating the odds in north africa against italian and german forces and not to mention the fact that we where outnumbered almost 4-1 in the battle of britain 

Also in 1982 we sailed 8,000 miles and retook the falklands when everyone said it was impossible 

Plus the zulus had a massive victory at the battle of isandlwana against the same disciplined and trained and armed soldiers that beat them at rourkes drift 

Edited by stetonic

EDIT: nvm going OT

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

(Off topic

Your story of the alamo  and armies winning battles with less men should cross over into the game and instead of the game giving the nation with the largest army a victory everytime maybe once in awhile the out numbered win.Many armies have done it many times throughout history

It was actually just an analogy in hopes that he'd stop crying about being taken at night and just regroup and take us on in broad daylight. I guess it went over your head. I apologize.

Also in 1982 we sailed 8,000 miles and retook the falklands when everyone said it was impossible

...it's Argentina. Who on Earth said it'd be impossible? /off topic)

Either way. These hostilities are very boring. When are you people actually going to start fighting back? You make bear saaad.

Edited by saeton
  • Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

The top tiers right now

4FGOEm7.jpg

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win