[RoH] Truth and Honor

Shwin

35 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

So TFP plots to attack us, while Eclipse tries to poach from us, seems like you guys are still pretty aligned.

Clearly i was trying to protect you guys against evil foes

14 hours ago, Shwin said:

At the end of the day, all of the evidence presented suggests the exact opposite of their narrative - that not only were we not interested in targeting them, but we actually wanted to work with them and take on a fun challenge. Ultimately, this means one of two things. Either they knew this was a false narrative to begin with and are choosing to be opportunistic - the same thing they called out Singularity for and would therefore label themselves hypocrites; or they are gullible enough to believe a false narrative given to them by their closest friends - our former allies. 

22 minutes ago, Shwin said:

I purposely left this part pretty vague to see if anyone would take the bait. Maybe if you realized the world doesn’t revolve around you, you would’ve realized we’ve had many former allies in an unspecified time span. Thanks for exposing yourself though.

What part of it was vague? you specifically mentioned your former allies which the recent ones are WELP. There was no bait taken and you aren't playing 4d chess. Be more clear next time lol. giving you the benefit of the doubt, what former allies were you talking about? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Vein said:

What part of it was vague? you specifically mentioned your former allies which the recent ones are WELP. There was no bait taken and you aren't playing 4d chess. Be more clear next time lol. giving you the benefit of the doubt, what former allies were you talking about? 

All I will say is that our intended target was not eclipse

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I for one wasn't happy about the way things ended. Honestly I wished y'all would have waited to tell us you planned to leave but what's done is done..

LoD will continue to help cover the color bloc as per our agreement..

Best regards: J

I may not be fighting for TPF this war, but I can't help admire your continuous effort for writing up detailed and meaningful posts @Shwin. All the best and I hope issues can be solved soon. 

Edited by Ronjoy Tehmina
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3814886_PNWFORUMSIG.png.a9822ac63a72946e6d1ba5757f3dd564.png

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

I for one wasn't happy about the way things ended. Honestly I wished y'all would have waited to tell us you planned to leave but what's done is done..

LoD will continue to help cover the color bloc as per our agreement..

Best regards: J

I do appreciate the sentiment - I enjoyed our relationship, both before and during our time as allies.

I am genuinely curious, though - why exactly do you see it as a negative that we gave you advance notice of our intentions? Surely all that did was open up more opportunities for you/give you time to figure out next steps? Even if it did give you "mixed feelings" about us, I would personally have been much more unhappy with an ally giving us their 72hr out of nowhere/with little to no notice.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Titan said:

-Snip-

So you're agreeing on the whole "INTENTION" of future allying a hostile party is justification?

Your logic is...  weird.  "They declared on you because of the likely hood of you being a hostile party next war cycle"   What?  That's how you definitely make enemies.  Not just with the alliance you're suspect of, but of others as well who's watching your actions.

See, stupid shit like that is why I simply just go for burning pixels as my CB.  Some of you are whack in the head with your FA perspectives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

So you're agreeing on the whole "INTENTION" of future allying a hostile party is justification?

Your logic is...  weird.  "They declared on you because of the likely hood of you being a hostile party next war cycle"   What?  That's how you definitely make enemies.  Not just with the alliance you're suspect of, but of others as well who's watching your actions.

I'd agree with your viewpoint if an alliance was deemed as being neutral or friendly.

TFP was neither, and that's the point. There was nothing in that relationship suggesting that they would have acted as a restraining factor. What did exist indicated the opposite.

As for the last bit; I'll hazard a guess and say that most third parties are just baffled about TFP telling WEL that it wanted to go its own separate way in the middle of a war.

• Upvote 4

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

8 hours ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

As for the last bit; I'll hazard a guess and say that most third parties are just baffled about TFP telling WEL that it wanted to go its own separate way in the middle of a war.

If there was confirmation of TFP entering in the war, that’s one thing.  I don’t mind the opportunistic reason either, but I’m also someone who likes to hit Protectorates.  Still, from my experience, I know both are negative moves.

As for the quoted statement, why?  It’s been done multiple times throughout the history of this game with no detriment.

Sidenote: Firwof upvoted your reply.  That’s an automatic penalty there.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

As for the quoted statement, why?  It’s been done multiple times throughout the history of this game with no detriment.

In most cases, it's either the group doing the rolling or being rolled discussing those. Rarely, if ever, was it the case that there's a fully milled third party that one knows isn't on good terms with you.

Couple that with them already having an idea of what to do next (sign Singu) and apparently not getting along too well with Eclipse (cue Pascal's comment), and my wonder is why didn't they wait until peace to 72 (or otherwise notify).

• Upvote 1

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

46 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

Couple that with them already having an idea of what to do next (sign Singu) and apparently not getting along too well with Eclipse (cue Pascal's comment), and my wonder is why didn't they wait until peace to 72 (or otherwise notify).

I'd argue the fact that TFP mentioned it to you guys in Syndicate is a sign of good faith for their intentions.  They had no obligation to do that.

I'm also not surprised by their relation with Eclipse, Eclipse has their own controversy with past alignments too.  Could that have been handled better?  Sure, so could have others that have happened.  Hence my statement of people being stupid in the head with FA stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

I'm also not surprised by their relation with Eclipse, Eclipse has their own controversy with past alignments too.  Could that have been handled better?  Sure, so could have others that have happened.  Hence my statement of people being stupid in the head with FA stuff.

Could you explain more in details? I don't regret us giving TFP the 72h, if anything it has just exposed their true color even beyond what i was expecting. 

Edited by Vein
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I'd argue the fact that TFP mentioned it to you guys in Syndicate is a sign of good faith for their intentions.  They had no obligation to do that.

I feel like it would be quite a leap of assumptions to say "An alliance that has been hostile towards us since before Darkest Hour has told us of their intentions to sign with the alliance that is clearly the most hostile towards us. This is a sign of good faith and of good things to come."

I would be more inclined to agree with your point if there had been a history of friendship and cooperation and openness between T$ and TFP, but there hasn't been. I'd be more inclined to agree if there had been a history of openness and friendship between Shwin and I, but there hasn't been. 

At no point since I became Executive has Shwin reached out to me or my staff about improving relations, or mending fences or anything of the sort, and outside of the one screenshot presented in Shwin's first post I don't know of any instances of that happening before I became Executive either. Hells, even in the very matter that led to this situation, the questioning of intentions after TFP was removed from WELP, Shwin reached out to CTO and Aurora about their intentions and asked THEM to ask T$ and SAIL of our intentions instead of coming to talk to us ourselves.

You're asking that we'd put a great deal of trust and faith in an alliance that we've had multiple years of bad blood with, have heard for months has has had ill will towards us, and has never reached out to us to improve relations or mend fences, especially when T$ has been bitten in the past when putting faith in and trusting other alliances to have good intentions towards us.

• Upvote 1