Anyone Want To Explain the War That Broke Out?

Mikhail Gorbachev

Reading through some old (but not that old, the game is only a month old) threads, it's clear to me that there was complete peace for a while, until a hegemonic war broke out between some powerhouses. Anyone want to tell that story, and why things are reletively more peaceful now? I haven't been able to get an idea just reading through the old threads.

So before opinions, which inevitably are going to be posted, make it here, I would suggest you take in what people say and deduce something for yourself. Both sides have their own opinions on what happened, and neither is necessarily wrong per se, but it is a matter of perception.

Here goes for my recap:

TC is created (The Covenant) which are the (easiest way to explain it) purple powers.

Hostilities prior to the war jack up prices

EoS says TAC has been plotting against them (Empire of Spades, and The Atlas Confederacy) and declare war

(TAC says that they are being aggressive)

TAC says it would be a 1v1

EoS does not agree

UPN (United Purple Nations) and DEIC (Dutch East India Company) join in on the war (on the side of EoS)

Some things to note here are that these are all very big alliances, and there is still some controversy as to how it went down.

I'll edit this if anybody disagrees.

(parentheses are edits)

Edited by The Captain Nao
  • Upvote 3

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Nope, that's a pretty good summary. Now, the floor will be opened for opinions.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

The purple nation wouldn't have attacked had the yellow nations ( since then change to purple as well) haven't  been busy plotting behind their back

According to an EoS member: EoS wanted to goto war with TAC to gain the #1 spot. 

It's all he said, she said. 

scSqPGJ.gif

Our reasoning for going to war is that we feel the TAC logs show that they felt tC was a problem that needed dealing with, and that the only reason they hadn't attacked us already was because they didn't think they had the capabilities yet.

So rather than wait for them to build up a military and or a coalition to come after us in a war where they would hold the upper hand, we decided to attack them first.

I can understand why many would regard that as a war of aggression on our part.

But I hold to that our objectives in this war are defensive in nature and that self-preservation is our goal. 

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

Prefontaine - I doubt anyone who want to go for war just for the rankings. Suffer so much damage just for ranking? Even if you are Rank 1st, So what? You got rewarded by having your daily income doubled if you are ranked 1st? Then perhaps. I don't give a damn about rankings and that's why I hardly even look at the Alliance Ranking Thread.

@hansarios & @vincent: it's not debatable.. Useless.. As long as we know what's the real score why EOS then UPN and VoC attacked TAC,(logically speaking it's not 1v1 as clearly TAC got its financiers outside of TAC so it's rightful VOC and UPN must join. We can see trade activities and TAC and it's allies are doing it.. Now, it's alright.. Just how funny they moved to purple to destroy the color bonus by economy is another thing that theyve plotted, and I'm putting up a draft right now about color change.. This to avoid, though rules in the game it's allowed they shift colors and divided their nations in alliances, to hurt the purple bonus, I'll be sending a draft that must be signed by our officers and Allies, if ever they would change to the color we choose, it will be an act of war and DoW it will be.

Afterall if we change to another color, they just can again easily follow our color and do the same old thing.. :)

But this time, DoW it is... If it can be solved diplomatically, it's fine, but if not, force must be put upon..

Edited by Jahngel

• Administrators

There were some big alliances, they fought each other cause war is fun and stuffs. 

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

clearly TAC got its financiers outside of TAC  

dude. wut?

Don't you see, since SK and TAC share a market (an arrangement started when SK protected baby Shuckers), it's clear that this whole war has been a crafted ploy by Cody to get SK to the top! You're all pawns! /s

(But seriously, who has the liquid to fund a war that in no way benefits them? TAC's early success was because of their own strategy, not outside funds or resources.)

• Upvote 4

EoS and TAC have had a strained relationship since Alpha Orbis
EoS was notified that a coalition was being built to fight them and their allies
PPC+DEIC did not act due to a lack of military buildup from supposed enemies
Sometime later, we received more logs from a certain alliance leader that showed that TAC still had the intention to build a Bloc to fight us
Around the same time a source (might have been by the same source as above, me no tell though) also gave EoS reason to believe that TAC had a spy
Suspicion was immediately placed on the member who mentioned of a coalition being built some time ago
Not enough proof to use as a espionage CB
EoS dowed as a preempt
People %!#*posting on forums
TAC's allies stayed out, UPN and DEIC dowed anyways
More %!#*posts
This thread happened
Even more %!#*posts

There is a radio show and a TSG guy posting about the TAC Bloc in a public thread somewhere in that mess

Edited by Fizban
filter error
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I bet we can rebuild faster.

• Upvote 1

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

@hansarios & @vincent: it's not debatable.. Useless.. As long as we know what's the real score why EOS then UPN and VoC attacked TAC,(logically speaking it's not 1v1 as clearly TAC got its financiers outside of TAC so it's rightful VOC and UPN must join. We can see trade activities and TAC and it's allies are doing it.. Now, it's alright.. Just how funny they moved to purple to destroy the color bonus by economy is another thing that theyve plotted, and I'm putting up a draft right now about color change.. This to avoid, though rules in the game it's allowed they shift colors and divided their nations in alliances, to hurt the purple bonus, I'll be sending a draft that must be signed by our officers and Allies, if ever they would change to the color we choose, it will be an act of war and DoW it will be.

Afterall if we change to another color, they just can again easily follow our color and do the same old thing.. :)

But this time, DoW it is... If it can be solved diplomatically, it's fine, but if not, force must be put upon..

Quoting this before it gets edited away. 

• Upvote 1

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif