Jump to content

The Hollywood/Roasis War has concluded


Recommended Posts

This is likely a very common sentiment, but Roasis only lost because they couldn't get their act together / didn't think they could win. Their milcom was very unorganized and they couldn't seem to get control over their tiny nations. Quite a few of them had zero mil, and a lot of even the active ones only had ground forces. (likely in a futile attempt to protect their loot.)

Another thing to note is that it doesn't seem like there was much collaboration between smaller nations at my tier, as I only got sat on once, then slotted. It also seems like a lot of their small tier nations don't seem to understand how to fight. I had a bounty put on me, and that caused a small nation, outnumbered in every way, try to claim it. He lost, obviously, and what's really sad is that it was only for 1 million, but to be fair he didn't have that much on hand.

Another thing to note is that we were able to grind blockaded nations into absolute dust, while when I was sat on by a blockadier (Who jumped six cities to accomplish it, too.) I was able to keep raiding and put up a fight (Okay, it was mostly soldier suiciding). To be fair I was hopelessly outnumbered, and there was nobody available to counter, which reminds me, I never once got countered in roughly 50 wars.

Thanks for listening to the insane ramblings of a C3s.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Cooper_ said:

I'm not trying to insert myself in the relitigation of the war, but I don't think we need to base our arguments on assumptions of someone's OOC mental status.  It isn't relevant, necessary, nor strengthen your argument.

I was a bit concerned with how heavily I was being laid into ad hominem, I just wanted to make sure it has nothing to do with IRL issues that I should know about.

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

I was a bit concerned with how heavily I was being laid into ad hominem, I just wanted to make sure it has nothing to do with IRL issues that I should know about.

"I know I'm talking out my ass about things I know nothing about to people who do but insist my opinions are well considered and valid and that I sound like an overly arrogant nutcase whose vastly overestimated themselves, but pointing that means you probably have an OOC mental disorder"

Yeah that's not a good defense my guy try again. You are only having your IC statements talked about, nothing else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

to people who do but insist my opinions are well considered and valid

Sorry, but it didn't at all seem that way to me. 

1 minute ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

overly arrogant nutcase

For example, this is all I've gotten out of you since I started posting. Can you try to be less hostile for me? I get now that the comment was inappropriate, but provocation isn't called for either. IC or not 

7 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

things I know nothing about

That's why I'm here, chill out, buddy. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

I was a bit concerned with how heavily I was being laid into ad hominem, I just wanted to make sure it has nothing to do with IRL issues that I should know about.

While I'm no fan of ad-hominem either, there wouldn't be any personal business that one "should" know about. Noone is entitled to that information and your phrasing of the "question" came off as condescending for, and while implying that there was, an underlying issue you felt entitled to knowing, please try to be more mindful~

Edited by Aiya
  • Upvote 2

Denison-1.png

Look up to the sky above~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't know that Rose had hired a new FA to defend them on the forums, does Rose even know? 

 

Rose New FA.PNG

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Aiya Of course, I will try my best not to fall into that state of mind again, and respect peoples' privacy on that topic especially. That being said, I should get better at IC ad hominems and argumentative strategies, if I'm to survive another such firestorm here. xD

11 minutes ago, Bird Shorten said:

I didn't know that Rose had hired a new FA to defend them on the forums, does Rose even know? 

 

Rose New FA.PNG

Lol, that pretty much sums it up. No, I'd be a pretty terrible member of FA if I was one before this exchange, I kind of allowed my emotions determine my course of action rather than focusing on just gauging attitude and gathering info (strictly for my own use, and not on behalf of my alliance). They've been too good to me to have one of their own members further sully their name.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

Sorry, but it didn't at all seem that way to me. 

For example, this is all I've gotten out of you since I started posting. Can you try to be less hostile for me? I get now that the comment was inappropriate, but provocation isn't called for either. IC or not 

That's why I'm here, chill out, buddy. 👍

Tbh I do appreciate the effort to try and represent Rose here; it's not often that Rose members like to present their case in public. The forums are a harsh place but if there's anything I hope this war sets precedent for, it's more of a focus on open discussion and problem solving rather than just beating the same pre-war political points into dust.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hidude45454 said:

Tbh I do appreciate the effort to try and represent Rose here; it's not often that Rose members like to present their case in public. The forums are a harsh place but if there's anything I hope this war sets precedent for, it's more of a focus on open discussion and problem solving rather than just beating the same pre-war political points into dust.

Then it pleases me to be one of the rare ones, granted I didn't do a good job. This being said, I second your point, and hope more players feel comfortable and obligated towards public discussion in a Forum setting like this; it would definitely aid the community at large. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Alexandra B said:

Definitely.  I've heard Morf Radio also does a pretty good job at opening up discussions and debate.

Forgive me, but I haven't heard of Morf Radio until this discussion; I've looked at one of his YouTube videos, are these talks had on discord and streamed on YouTube? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, James Ironwood said:

Forgive me, but I haven't heard of Morf Radio until this discussion; I've looked at one of his YouTube videos, are these talks had on discord and streamed on YouTube? 

Looks to be this topic here, so it seems to be Discord.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Ironwood said:

Forgive me, but I haven't heard of Morf Radio until this discussion; I've looked at one of his YouTube videos, are these talks had on discord and streamed on YouTube? 

Don't let anyone convince you to listen to that dork @BigMorf

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

Regardless, our numerical superiority below C24 was a lot more than it was above that, generally, and lots of our folks at c26 might have not been militarized enough to make a difference, regardless of our numbers.

From what I've seen, when peace happened, your coalition was losing the c20 edge and the fight was spilling into the c15-c20 tier. And there is no excuse to not be militarized in a 3+ week long war esp when the other side doesn't have the numbers to effectively pin then other side down all the time. No matter what excuses your alliance makes, the only reason you "lost" the upper tier and started losing the lower ones is just sheer incompetence and not wanting to do shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Changeup said:

Seriously, what is it with this game and people named James?

Bro, it's news to me. 

38 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

From what I've seen, when peace happened, your coalition was losing the c20 edge and the fight was spilling into the c15-c20 tier. And there is no excuse to not be militarized in a 3+ week long war esp when the other side doesn't have the numbers to effectively pin then other side down all the time. No matter what excuses your alliance makes, the only reason you "lost" the upper tier and started losing the lower ones is just sheer incompetence and not wanting to do shit. 

Plenty of us wanted to do shit, but plenty of others apparently had other shit to do. I don't know what other peoples' schedules/priorities are, and I won't pretend to know. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Ironwood said:

Plenty of us wanted to do shit, but plenty of others apparently had other shit to do.

And the opposition had none?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Majima Goro said:

And the opposition had none?

Not gonna make any assumptions about that either, but your side had to have been more active overall. 

It is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James Ironwood said:

Not gonna make any assumptions about that either, but your side had to have been more active overall. 

It is what it is.

"your side"

I wasn't even in the war

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hillbilly said:

Let's all just sing Kum-Ba-Ya and be done with it.

I second that notion. Holly molly. 

16 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

"your side"

I wasn't even in the war

Your preferred side, then, but I don't really care at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.