The Hollywood/Roasis War has concluded

Sweeeeet Ronny D

2 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

If you're insinuating there's still bad blood on our end, let me reassure you we had good fun and accomplished what we wanted so we're quite pleased with ourselves and the war.

No, not for most of you, but there are a few I did want to point out as being unhappy with the White Peace. I really can't say why, but I assume it's because they wanted more war glory.

The war was very well conducted on your end, and I congratulate you guys on what you were able to accomplish. It was good to have a competent foe!

5 minutes ago, Who Me said:

It's those rose colored glasses they are wearing.

Pffft, right

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cherise said:

The war basically turned into Trial of Tiers, except that downdecs were more powerful and updecs less so.

As for suing for peace, I think the Rose coalition didn't want to deal with having their upper tier indefinitely submerged, all the while facing inevitable negative war stats (updecs are far less likely to deal positive damage than downdecs). I think Hollywood, on the other hand, was wondering about the NAP expiration re: ex-Swamp as well as the threat warning signals they were broadcasting uncontrollably due to their rout of a force ostensibly 2-3 times their size (Hint: tiering matters, as does tactics). Hollywood also had a myriad of less devoted fighters than various insurgents operating down south who were getting wrecked; if you compare Rose to TKR, the former certainly lost less members.

Uh, no, lol?

Rose lost less members because upper tier whales tend to be old, dedicated players anyway. My friend Raine in rose hates war and doesn't fight much but she's still around and has been for years.

This might shock you, but newer players, who happen to coincidentally be low tier, aren't as invested or dedicated to the game. In general. Tell me what exactly you think happens to the undisciplined rabble who just lost a 2:1 engagement when they find their core tiering being on the wrong end of a beatdown? How much do you think they lose?

Gods sakes if you people are going to pretend to have serious opinions please out more than 11.7 seconds of thought into them whole wiping your ass and singing Country Road to yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, James Ironwood said:

No, not for most of you, but there are a few I did want to point out as being unhappy with the White Peace. I really can't say why, but I assume it's because they wanted more war glory.

The war was very well conducted on your end, and I congratulate you guys on what you were able to accomplish. It was good to have a competent foe!

Being upset that it's a white peace isn't the same as having "bad blood". Most people I've heard whining about it wasn't even involved in the war or simply doesn't understand our philosophy on war which is short fun dust ups. Not these long, boring wars that make me want to go for a pack of smokes and never come back. 

• Upvote 1

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

19 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

Uh, no, lol?

Rose lost less members because upper tier whales tend to be old, dedicated players anyway. My friend Raine in rose hates war and doesn't fight much but she's still around and has been for years.

This might shock you, but newer players, who happen to coincidentally be low tier, aren't as invested or dedicated to the game. In general. Tell me what exactly you think happens to the undisciplined rabble who just lost a 2:1 engagement when they find their core tiering being on the wrong end of a beatdown? How much do you think they lose?

Gods sakes if you people are going to pretend to have serious opinions please out more than 11.7 seconds of thought into them whole wiping your ass and singing Country Road to yourself.

Never change, Aky.

Half the point of the post was that Rose coalition had the lower tier of Hollywood submerged; hell, I think in E404, excepting the top 20 people, everyone was trapped in Rose coalition's lower tier.

The point being made is that Hollywood's lower tier asserts were significantly more vulnerable to desertion than Rose etc's upper tier. That meant that Hollywood had difficulty recruiting new members and retaining them, while Rose etc could constantly pick up new C3s, and if Hollywood's insurgents down low attacked them, the insurgents could be dogpiled and converted into combat training.

Edited by Cherise
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, James Ironwood said:

That's why it's good that Hollywood is listed as having a "Military victory" on the wiki. It just makes the most sense to me because, overall, our alliance wasn't rocked as hard and our overall alliance's score still hasn't dropped below TKR's. The Syndicate, however.... 

R061f9ffa01721e159de62e07fe8fc5bc.jpg

I mean in comparative combat performance I was most impressed by Ockey taking a bunch of his Guardian friends alongside his own alliance down to downdeclare from the C28 point. The Oblivion line wasn't even a hard shell to crack because it swept away Rose coalition assets like crazy, so that attempting to break that line, beyond a few abortive attempts, was impossible.

I had estimated it'd have taken 27-42 nations to shut down the Oblivion line, but no one had the assets available fast enough.

As for the best performances in the Rose coalition, SoS, beyond being a raider protectorate, was impressive based on the sheer aggression and tenacity of its attack. I'm surprised that SoS never broke positive war stats, because SoS honestly deserved it.

TFP, likewise, actually learned how to updeclare, but most of it came from experiments being run in their control tier.

That said, the Dacta line (C24-25)was significantly less impressive, although toward the end of the war it ramped up its aggression.

Edited by Cherise
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

There is still bad blood with some people, I think. TKR/Hollywood seems to have scored a very minor victory compared to the absolute revenge that they wanted, and their lower tiers didn't even get to experience that for the most part. 

I guess spies and nations below c20 don't exist. Neither does good diplomacy, either. lol

Isjaki (c26) up there seems to be pissed that the war didn't continue, but neither side really wanted it to continue, overall. I'm so sorry Hollywood didn't trash Roasis quite as well as Quack was trashed in Duckhunt (good memories, boring war) - maybe next time. 

So yeah... quite a few Hollywood jimmies were apparently rustled at the mere thought that their c20+ tier's success didn't completely get mirrored to the rest of their lower tiers. Just wanted to point that out and say gg, see you in the next GW! 

I think we need to rename ourselves to "Hollywood jimmies." It has a certain ring to it.

Untitled.png

6 hours ago, Cherise said:

Mainly because of beiging protocols; down low with insurgency fighting players didn't have to beige hold anyone. Up north, apparently there was an order to not beige C26 or above, with the predictable violations.

I am not sure about the angle from which you're approaching this discussion tbh.  Ultimately to beige or not to beige (i.e. cycling) depending on relative power in tiers is just standard Milcom practice, and has been in every war ever (while beige has been a thing that is) afaik.  What I was trying to cast doubt upon is the notion that the large number of wars some people were involved in had anything to do with their tier occupancy.  Yes certainly some people were beiged inappropriately 🤷‍♂️ whatever....the war is over now and we wo.....ahem sorry....we achieved white peace and we will now live in harmony forever ❤️

Edited by Etat
  • Upvote 2

Celer Et Audax

13 hours ago, James Ironwood said:

There is still bad blood with some people, I think. TKR/Hollywood seems to have scored a very minor victory compared to the absolute revenge that they wanted, and their lower tiers didn't even get to experience that for the most part. 

I guess spies and nations below c20 don't exist. Neither does good diplomacy, either. lol

Isjaki (c26) up there seems to be pissed that the war didn't continue, but neither side really wanted it to continue, overall. I'm so sorry Hollywood didn't trash Roasis quite as well as Quack was trashed in Duckhunt (good memories, boring war) - maybe next time. 

So yeah... quite a few Hollywood jimmies were apparently rustled at the mere thought that their c20+ tier's success didn't completely get mirrored to the rest of their lower tiers. Just wanted to point that out and say gg, see you in the next GW! 

Reminder that Roasis Inc took more damage (and definitely far worse net) than Quack had done in The Last Ride. Git gud at fighting before speaking random bs in the forums 😛

Yeah, there's zero way to defend the coalition's inability to crush Hollywood.  For the record, Rosesphere had the best beige discipline of Roasis Inc. despite being blitzed hard when not fully milled.  We took it like champs, and were at least able to put up a good fight.  Idfk about Oasis or Mystery though, that's beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Etat said:

I am not sure about the angle from which you're approaching this discussion tbh.  Ultimately to beige or not to beige (i.e. cycling) depending on relative power in tiers is just standard Milcom practice, and has been in every war ever (while beige has been a thing that is) afaik.  What I was trying to cast doubt upon is the notion that the large number of wars some people were involved in had anything to do with their tier occupancy.  Yes certainly some people were beiged inappropriately 🤷‍♂️ whatever....the war is over now and we wo.....ahem sorry....we achieved white peace and we will now live in harmony forever ❤️

You're talking about wars declared per tier as a retort to downdec abuse accusations. I'm pointing out that your data points are flawed because the guys down low could beige at will, all the while targeting soft targets, while downdeccers were usually countering and beige holding.

• Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Cherise said:

You're talking about wars declared per tier as a retort to downdec abuse accusations. I'm pointing out that your data points are flawed because the guys down low could beige at will, all the while targeting soft targets, while downdeccers were usually countering and beige holding.

As someone downdeclaring, you're full of shit, we didn't beige hold, lol. I didn't hold a SINGLE one of my 36? Wars. Infact they got ripped so brutally because I didn't, because they couldn't rebuild in 2 days of beige, certainly not faster than I'd take 5 more down.

Btw for those unaware, this is inst, Incase you were wondering what woodwork this random nincompoop came from.

• Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, Zei-Sakura Alsainn said:

As someone downdeclaring, you're full of shit, we didn't beige hold, lol. I didn't hold a SINGLE one of my 36? Wars. Infact they got ripped so brutally because I didn't, because they couldn't rebuild in 2 days of beige, certainly not faster than I'd take 5 more down.

Btw for those unaware, this is inst, Incase you were wondering what woodwork this random nincompoop came from.

Bragging about lack of beige discipline when much of your coalition beige cycled. Check. <Aky3

===

Oh, and I just checked again, SoS had positive war stats.

Also, generally, the progress of the war was Rose coalition being unable to conduct a coherent and effective updec strategy, while Hollywood was able to effectively downdec (at 60-80% efficiency, increasing over time) throughout the war.

Downdecs are definitely extremely powerful right now (some fighters reported that they lost 50% or more of their total mil within 3 turns of being decced on, or 4 turns 9 MAP), but we're as yet uncertain as to whether the downdec / updec balance is categorically broken due to Rose coalition's poor updec capability.

===

Out of this thread for now ,otherwise a rather amiable conversation.

Edited by Cherise
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Isjaki said:

Reminder that Roasis Inc took more damage (and definitely far worse net) than Quack had done in The Last Ride. Git gud at fighting before speaking random bs in the forums 😛

A reminder to the honorable gentleman who decided to reply that this is my first forum post and all I'm trying to do here is gather information and gauge the general mood of participants. You seemed a bit salty at the peace terms, I noticed that.

With regards to Duck Hunt (not "the Last Ride" lol), I was more so talking about the fact that at times I could not, for the life of me, find a target that wasn't getting beiged or dogpiled on your side - at least in my tier. So that was a boring war for me. I actually enjoyed this one more because you guys got a good pearl harbor blitz in while we were napping, which made things more interesting and involved. We just have to focus on being more awake next time as Alexandra and Ronny pointed out. Has nothing to do with "git gud at wars", they aren't hard to figure out seeing as I personally still beiged people on your side. 😝

**That's it really, just saying: that war was a lot more one sided strictly in terms of win rates on our end; getting me to care about a few more burned pixels in this war is another matter entirely. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by James Ironwood
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 2