Merger Offers

MRBOOTY

My alliance, The Light Federation, was for a short time the #11 alliance in the game, but we then lost a war and went way down in the rankings. One of the more unfortunate parts of this is that I now have poorly worded and poorly attempted merge offers. I always admire the effort and commitment to the game (I literally proposed long-shot merge offers at the start of TLF), but I'm not always impressed. Here are a few that stick out as being a bit poorly done.

- One person who had tried to start an alliance and failed wrote me and asked that my (then very highly ranked) alliance "merge" into the second attempt of his alliance. He would be the leader, but he assured me that I could be second in command, but that some of my government officers would have to go. TLF members would've made up like 95% of the score of this new alliance.

- An alliance offered a merge in which no gov in TLF would be gov in the new alliance, but said that they'd be so happy to have us that they'd give each of our members 1 million dollars. TLF gives out 3 million every week to active members.

- A regular member of an alliance sent out a clearly mass-sent message asking me to merge TLF with them. If i wanted to, I needed to message someone else in his alliance :P. This was the robo-dialing of merge offers.

-And my favorite, a kid who I know who used to be in my alliance (and who actually tried to take control at one point) actually messages me frequently with messages saying things like "TLF is a mess" and then asks to take control or for me to merge into whatever alliance he recently created. When asked, he didn't have any ideas what he would actually do as a leader.

Does anyone else have any good stories? :P

• Upvote 4

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

My alliance, The Light Federation, was for a short time the #11 alliance in the game, but we then lost a war and went way down in the rankings. One of the more unfortunate parts of this is that I now have poorly worded and poorly attempted merge offers. I always admire the effort and commitment to the game (I literally proposed long-shot merge offers at the start of TLF), but I'm not always impressed. Here are a few that stick out as being a bit poorly done.

- One person who had tried to start an alliance and failed wrote me and asked that my (then very highly ranked) alliance "merge" into the second attempt of his alliance. He would be the leader, but he assured me that I could be second in command, but that some of my government officers would have to go. TLF members would've made up like 95% of the score of this new alliance.

- An alliance offered a merge in which no gov in TLF would be gov in the new alliance, but said that they'd be so happy to have us that they'd give each of our members 1 million dollars. TLF gives out 3 million every week to active members.

- A regular member of an alliance sent out a clearly mass-sent message asking me to merge TLF with them. If i wanted to, I needed to message someone else in his alliance :P. This was the robo-dialing of merge offers.

-And my favorite, a kid who I know who used to be in my alliance (and who actually tried to take control at one point) actually messages me frequently with messages saying things like "TLF is a mess" and then asks to take control or for me to merge into whatever alliance he recently created. When asked, he didn't have any ideas what he would actually do as a leader.

Does anyone else have any good stories? :P

Ahh but people may actually put effort into it, if the state of your alliances wasn't diminishing, and some of us are simply not the best speakers, pretty sure this post indirectly speaks of the one I sent you. lol

I often tried talking to TEst about merging into the Light Federation. But, treaties were the only thing that stopped most of the members.

Someday we will get Mr. Booty to join us though. Someday.

Ahh but people may actually put effort into it, if the state of your alliances wasn't diminishing, and some of us are simply not the best speakers, pretty sure this post indirectly speaks of the one I sent you. lol

To be completely honest, yes, but I did appreciate the effort you put in, and tbh yours was more of a filler... the last one and the first one were the really egregiously bad ones. Sorry if I offended :/

Actually i do remember being a upn member trying to bully tlf into merging into upn

hahah I don't remember this

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Mergers never work. Except for when they do, but they really don't - you just pretend it worked until you systematically implode because mergers never work. 

Resplendent Inc. had one offer from an alliance that thought to include "We are a very active and strong allience and we want you to come with us on the journey to the top" in their message.This intrigued me so I looked at them and half of their members were purple and most of them were below 500 score. I mean, at least tell the truth, and spell alliance right. :v

• Upvote 4

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

I often tried talking to TEst about merging into the Light Federation. But, treaties were the only thing that stopped most of the members.

DUDE, no way. I would've dropped all treaties had TEst merged with us. We would've been the best alliance to ever roam the Orbis seas.

Someday we will get Mr. Booty to join us though. Someday.

hahahaha it's always a possibility ;)

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Dear Mr.booty,

I am Malal the son of a retired General in the UPN Army and a former minister. I came to know of you in my search for a reliable person to handle a very confidential transaction, which involves the transfer of a huge number of nations to a foreign alliance. There were series of contracts executed by a Consortium of Multinational for the ministry in which my father was minister in our alliance. The original values of these mergers were deliberately over-invoiced to the tune of forty-one nations. The over-invoiced nations he purposed to acquire for himself after retirement into a new alliance. Unfortunately, things took another turn.I will explain more to you when you show your interest to assist me. Consequently, I am looking for someone who will help us ( my father and I) to receive the nations on our behalf. Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20% of the total transferred nations. While we shall take 75% and an extra 5% has been set aside to take care of any membership losses you shall incure in the process of the transfer of these nations.

You must however NOTE that this transaction is subject to the following terms and conditions; (i) Our conviction of your transparent honesty. (ii) That you wound treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. (iii) That the nations would be transferred to an alliance over which you have absolute control. Modalities have been worked out at the highest levels to make for the immediate transfer of the nations within 10 in-game days, subject to your satisfaction of the above stated terms. Our assurance is that your role is 100% risk-free. To accord this transaction the legality it deserves and for mutual security of the nations, the whole approval procedures will be officially and legally processed with your name or the name of your alliance you may nominate as the bonafide beneficiary. Kindly, respond to this mail with a view to my giving you more information. Please, do send your acceptance via PM. Also, include in your mail you private/confidential IRC channel and Discord Channel to enable me reach you as soon as I get your response. Thank you very much as I anticipate your response.

Yours faithfully,

Prince Malal.

Edited by Malal
  • Upvote 5

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Mergers never work. Except for when they do, but they really don't - you just pretend it worked until you systematically implode because mergers never work. 

Guardian is the result of a merger between Genesis and the Lunar Mining Corporations. Its 10 years later, still here. 

• Upvote 1

Dear TLF,

Let me know if you want me to take over as leader. I offer you nothing, other than the possibility that your alliance will be less shit.

Kindest regards,

-Spooner

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Dear TLF,

Let me know if you want me to take over as leader. I offer you nothing, other than the possibility that your alliance will be less shit.

Kindest regards,

-Spooner

Emphasis on possibility. 

dpluao815a3.png

Resplendent Inc. had one offer from an alliance that thought to include "We are a very active and strong allience and we want you to come with us on the journey to the top" in their message.This intrigued me so I looked at them and half of their members were purple and most of them were below 500 score. I mean, at least tell the truth, and spell alliance right. :v

Join esd, but dont bring ur pleb friends. Except maybe Turner. He's kinda cute. K thx.
  • Upvote 1

Join esd, but dont bring ur pleb friends. Except maybe Turner. He's kinda cute. K thx.

You're a funny one! :v

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

From what game?

Only the greatest internet game of all time. Lunar Wars.

*Vanek fuels up his orbital fighters. 

TEst was also formed on this game if you didn't know that. They however came from the combined demented minds of El Pinchazo and Jodo, so I guess you could call that a merger as well. :P

• Upvote 1

Only the greatest internet game of all time. Lunar Wars.

*Vanek fuels up his orbital fighters. 

TEst was also formed on this game if you didn't know that. They however came from the combined demented minds of El Pinchazo and Jodo, so I guess you could call that a merger as well. :P

Or the (CHOOSE ONE:) [  ]greatest [  ]worst mind-baby of all time.