A Game of Thorns

Valdoroth

Let's all get together and sign a treaty promising each other we will cancel all of our other treaties.

The paper to end all paper.

Paper lets you make other people feel bad tho. From calling ppl out to rolling ppl cuz you guys don't like someone, it's a swell time.

Lxr4VfE.png

Good luck with this.

We'd had a lot of discussion with them that you weren't privy to. There was a lot of patience involved, and given how this was done (not THAT it was done, but how) the outcome is fine with me.

Your point about wanting less treaties is in a forum for a treaty you signed.  :P

Anyways. Pity to see you've taken your tantrum from our forum onto the world boards. Query me anytime if you want: I don't plan to indulge you past this message.

BUT I PLAN TO. LETS GO

It is also rather amusing that you guys have all these issues only after they decided to cancel on you. Which leads me to ask, if you disliked what they were doing why did you bother keeping them? You had ample time to let them go on reasonable grounds.

And here you are again making various assumptions and insinuations about the tS' backroom thoughts and actions without having been privy to them in any way, shape or form, only to fit a narrative that suits your overarching vision of our inherent malice.

We've been over this on our own forums just a week ago. We've been over this on your forums just a week ago. Do we really have to go over this on these forums as well? 

Tantrum?

This has nothing remotely to do with that incident and I would hardly call asking questions a tantrum. You guys after all don't seem to have a coherent story as to whether you actually liked or disliked your now former ally.

Oh on the contrary. There is a pattern to your posts when interacting to us, and its not pretty. See my point above. Don't play dumb.

Let me ask you this: What exactly about our story is not coherent? Let's talk.

I more have a dislike for this happening months ago, it still seemingly was a present issue and they hung onto them anyway. Not so much as them airing the dirty laundry.

Anyway cheers for the compliment  :)

Do me a favor: Scroll back to the first pages. They consist of a majority of tS posts expressing disappointment but wishing SK luck. Escalation only began to occur when various third parties began claiming that tS was supposedly being butthurt, and when an SK official made a statement about their sovereignty supposedly having been impeded and/or pressured upon. Lies and/or misrepresentations like that tend to spark interest from tS' posters and tend to lead to us coming out of the woodworks to set the matters straight.

This pattern isn't new, you know.

So you tried working it out, that basically failed. You then knew for months that they were trying to ditch you and held onto them anyway.

How am I wrong exactly? You held onto useless paper for what reason?

This has already been covered by others: You were indeed wrong and we held onto the paper because we wanted to continue to give the SK relationship a chance for various reasons. A mistake does not necessarily mean direct severance of ties and burning of bridges is a necessity.

Question Time! 

Is tS ramping up tentions to roll the newly formed 3rd sphere before it can get established? or just talking shit cause we are all bored af right now?

(I hope you dont crush them yet, cause i like whats happening now)

That's a manthrax question. But uhhh, there's eumir being eumir and some personal beef between Sk members and ex-sk members. Can you point out to me what makes you believe tS as a larger entity is 'talking shit'? 'cause i'm not seeing it.

I'm not sure you got this... the leak happened long ago before SK was even considering changing spheres.

Also, lol at all Syndicate members shit talking at ex ally, seems like it is becoming part of their tradition. So when are you rolling SK for dumping you?

Same question as I asked Ole.

Good luck with this.

We'd had a lot of discussion with them that you weren't privy to. There was a lot of patience involved, and given how this was done (not THAT it was done, but how) the outcome is fine with me.

Your point about wanting less treaties is in a forum for a treaty you signed.  :P

Anyways. Pity to see you've taken your tantrum from our forum onto the world boards. Query me anytime if you want: I don't plan to indulge you past this message.

• Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

We did not know what Gandalf was doing. You may assume that a MDP parther would talk to their allies before performing a move like this. I assumed that too. But Gandalf did all this on our back.

The differences among t$ and SK over the leaking incident were well know to them and discussed. But they chose a new path. I respect that. I'm glad that \Gandalf the Leaker is no longer our problem. Now it's yours. Good luck with it.

Funny, I'd have thought he'd have leaked it the way you all go on.

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Mensa lost 1, only has 2 left with no protectorates at this moment.  Wuddup Mr. Rose Emperor?

You have to wait till I get elected, we're going to run this world together, Hipbro.

• Upvote 2

Partisan I like you, and could you add a tl;dr at the end of your posts please buddy :P

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

I can't help but laugh at those (ex-members) saying this has been planned for a long time ago. As a current SK member, I would say that this idea was thrown to SK memberships about a few weeks ago, when we held a polling deciding whether we should stay in our current sphere or move forward and seek a new path. And the outcome was we favored to part away from tS sphere and sought to enjoy this game with a new perspective.

Edited by Luckynako
  • Upvote 1

I'm sad to lose SK as an ally personally, we've been through an awful lot together. From following you in the VE war on through, we've had some good times together. I'd like not to have to fight in the future, maybe I'll get that wish.

I wonder, do you guys feel the same on your side? Are we friends in spite of the lack of paper?

I see you've had a fair amount of government turnover since then, were any of you around for that war?

Funny, I'd have thought he'd have leaked it the way you all go on.

That would require him to take any actions that actually benefits his (at the time) allies in tS. Come on man, use logic. :P

Partisan I like you, and could you add a tl;dr at the end of your posts please buddy :P

tl;dr- Keegoz is being full of shit, keegoz knows he's being full of shit. And i'm calling keegoz out on being full of shit just like the times on our forums and your forums when he was being full of shit and I called him out.

It's become like a day job.

os9LcJK.gif

Addressing this bit:

I left my fate up to the membership of SK. Everyone was polled, and the options were for me to: 1) Have no punishment, 2) Go on suspension, but remain the MoFA, or 3) Resign. The members voted overwhelmingly in favor of me staying on board as the MoFA. SK is an autonomous alliance, and we will do as we, and our membership, see fit. We will not buckle under the peer pressure of an outside alliance. Even this move to change spheres was heavily supported by our membership. 

Do me a favor: Scroll back to the first pages. They consist of a majority of tS posts expressing disappointment but wishing SK luck. Escalation only began to occur when various third parties began claiming that tS was supposedly being butthurt, and when an SK official made a statement about their sovereignty supposedly having been impeded and/or pressured upon. Lies and/or misrepresentations like that tend to spark interest from tS' posters and tend to lead to us coming out of the woodworks to set the matters straight.

Just to clarify here, neither tS or Mensa or any of our other allies pressured us on what to do. We told them what would happen and they accepted it with magnanimity.

Edited by Brooklyn666

eStUYHv.png

That would require him to take any actions that actually benefits his (at the time) allies in tS. Come on man, use logic. :P

tl;dr- Keegoz is being full of shit, keegoz knows he's being full of shit. And i'm calling keegoz out on being full of shit just like the times on our forums and your forums when he was being full of shit and I called him out.

It's become like a day job.

I disagree, keegoz was simply referring and countering increasingly saltly posts from tS members towards our ally and ourselves. It's disappointing how some of the previously amicable tS member went salty in here, and I'm not looking to argue with a snek, I'm bad at sneking while you remain a master, so it'd be a unfair fight :D Also, I know you've been trying to step back from tS so I'm not going to pull you into this, as as you've said yourself on our forums, you seem to get pulled back into the spotlight too much, which impacts on you're retirement plans and the new tS leadership.

Jl0McAJ.gif

I disagree, keegoz was simply referring and countering increasingly saltly posts from tS members towards our ally and ourselves. It's disappointing how some of the previously amicable tS member went salty in here, and I'm not looking to argue with a snek, I'm bad at sneking while you remain a master, so it'd be a unfair fight :D Also, I know you've been trying to step back from tS so I'm not going to pull you into this, as as you've said yourself on our forums, you seem to get pulled back into the spotlight too much, which impacts on you're retirement plans and the new tS leadership.

Hey, part of being retired means I can call people out and be an ass about it instead of having to worry about how I look :P.

Also, tick tock- days to go.

os9LcJK.gif

Hey, part of being retired means I can call people out and be an ass about it instead of having to worry about how I look :P.

Also, tick tock- days to go.

Is that a countdown till tS go paperless and encourage their allies to do the same, cause the current diplomatic schematic is boring and set up for repeated and unvaried wars? Prefontaine will be ecstatic

Jl0McAJ.gif

No saltiness here cuhhh, just pure flexin dem 6 wins and reminding errryone of the wins. Partisan will always be pulled in as he was one of the authors of $yndicate's win streak.

Is that a countdown till tS go paperless and encourage their allies to do the same, cause the current diplomatic schematic is boring and set up for repeated and unvaried wars? Prefontaine will be ecstatic

"We are incompetent at war and don't know how to git gud. pls halp"

Gonna have to work as hard as the people in our sphere did playboi

Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png

I can't help but laugh at those (ex-members) saying this has been planned for a long time ago. As a current SK member, I would say that this idea was thrown to SK memberships about a few weeks ago, when we held a polling deciding whether we should stay in our current sphere or move forward and seek a new path. And the outcome was we favored to part away from tS sphere and sought to enjoy this game with a new perspective.

To clarify: I don't know that there were any concrete plans on the table at any point in time, but I know your community well enough to know seeking out a new FA initiative is certainly within the realm of possibility.

I think every government does it at some point or another, and few act on it. I'm not even disparaging the decision, because I'm glad you guys are doing something interesting and hopefully it'll work out for you because, clearly, you had issues with your current FA position. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having ambition or a change of pace.

In fact, I hope I've made it pretty clear that I don't take issue with your decision at all from the perspective of a Syndicate member. As I've stated before it's dropping Mensa who burned with me while I was SK that got me, you don't just find loyalty like that, but that's really your loss at this point. I hope the new direction works out for you guys, I really do.

(It was the false implication that we had put your alliance under duress regarding Gandalf's leak and the subsequent character attacks on Sabriel that really got me going. I don't tolerate bullshit.)

• Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

As someone who has led alliances with her and seen her lead I can 100% vouch that she's (self-)admittedly power hungry, but impressively capable of leading an alliance.

The latter is a skill I'm not so convinced I see in you, even though you are a fantastic economist and coordinator but we'll see how all that goes.

I'm really not trying to make any serious digs here because I really respect what SK has been about but c'mon? Personally attacking someone because she's levying real criticism your way?

You can be better than this.

Hey pot, have you met kettle yet?

• Upvote 1

As I've stated before it's dropping Mensa who burned with me while I was SK that got me, you don't just find loyalty like that, but that's really your loss at this point.

I shed a tear at this sort of acknowledgement.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's a manthrax question. But uhhh, there's eumir being eumir and some personal beef between Sk members and ex-sk members. Can you point out to me what makes you believe tS as a larger entity is 'talking shit'? 'cause i'm not seeing it.

How did you bite the bait with those long ass fangs?

also when are you joining TEst? I already said id vouch for you -.-

Ole2.png

How did you bite the bait with those long ass fangs?

also when are you joining TEst? I already said id vouch for you -.-

Are you guys just collecting anyone with over a year in the game whose name starts with P? Because I'm at 14 months and sitting on a name change.  :P

• Upvote 2

Are you guys just collecting anyone with over a year in the game whose name starts with P? Because I'm at 14 months and sitting on a name change.  :P

Purmij just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Upvote 3

XLL3z4T.gif