Hello to the Syndicate

Placentica

You don't get to go back to backchannels once you drag shit out into public. So you'll just have to wait for our formal, long-winded, extensively documented, rebuttal.

Do you have a TD;LR version? You guys always do. And it is a yes or no answer as to whether or not you want to attack Alpha or her allies. 

I don't see why this needs a long-winded, formal rebuttal. Placentia points out that there are logs showing that TS may have hostile intent towards our allies. I don't know why you guys would feel offended by that. That is what this thread is about, despite what other people are trying to turn this into. This thread is about TS potentially attacking allies of Alpha. 

Edited by Caecus
  • Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

That's a bold claim. Could you elaborate on the specific events that have made us 'bullies'?

Is it that time your alliance attacked a t$ ally and we countered, allowing you off with white peace?

Or is it that time your alliance pre-empted t$, we defeated you and we allowed you off with white peace?

Or might it be that time your alliance was caught plotting to roll t$ and VE back when they were still allied, and a plot to hit you by your coalition mates post-war leaked, and we forgave you, instead of isolating and rolling you post-war?

Tell me all about t$' supposed wrongdoings.

Spinning the fact's as usual I see... but we're not talking about Rose here.

Perhaps they shouldn't poke the bear then?

Present your long anticipated evidence of said pokes then?

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Nor have you answered my question. Please elaborate.

Nor have any of you answered my question. Does the syndicate intend to attack Alpha's allies? It's a simple yes or no question that the FA of T$ should be more than capable of answering in a single post. A single post would make everything that Placentia said at the beginning of this thread irrelevant and you can go on to continue accusing Alpha of doing stuff. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Nor have you answered my question. Please elaborate.

Your use of the word "nor" implies I've forgotten to do at least two things but you're asking me to answer a single question.... which one?

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Full Log:

Roy_Mustang: so interesting things are afoot

[10:25pm] Brooklyn666: so i hear

[10:25pm] Brooklyn666: any updates?

[10:30pm] Roy_Mustang: Something like that

[10:30pm] Roy_Mustang: I trust you're up to speed on the whole Sparta-TEst shitshow

[10:32pm] Brooklyn666: yea

[10:32pm] Brooklyn666: except any new developments that have happened this evening

[10:33pm] Roy_Mustang: nothing's happened this evening, and we don't expect it to

[10:33pm] Roy_Mustang: however

[10:35pm] Roy_Mustang: we suspect part of the reason Alpha was so quick to leap to the verge of hitting TEst is because they've already counted TEst to be in our corner in a hypothetical matchup

[10:36pm] Roy_Mustang: meanwhile we know that Alpha has been badmouthing us in backchannels and attempting to mobilize support against us

[10:36pm] Brooklyn666: I just don't get why they would hit TEst first

[10:37pm] Roy_Mustang: one less alliance to theoretically contend with

[10:38pm] Roy_Mustang: but in any event, it's actually a fairly minor part of our thinking

[10:39pm] Brooklyn666: it just doesn't make sense politically

[10:39pm] Brooklyn666: unless they think people aren't gonna declare in defense of TEst

[10:39pm] Roy_Mustang: that's the point

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: throw Alpha/Sparta/VE at TEst, should be a swift and decisive victory

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: TEst is good but they aren't *that* good

[10:40pm] Roy_Mustang: after that, TEst is a minor player at best in a later conflict

[10:40pm] Brooklyn666: but that's a transparent move and the best way to get declared on now

[10:41pm] Roy_Mustang: I'm not saying they're going to do it *now*

[10:41pm] Roy_Mustang: I'm just explaining their suspected reasoning before Seabass cleared things up

[10:42pm] Roy_Mustang: previously, it was the perfect CB to smack up TEst

[10:43pm] Roy_Mustang: In any event, like I said, it's a fairly minor point in our thinking. Fits in well, but even if it never happened, the rest of the theory remains credible (at least imo)

[10:46pm] Roy_Mustang: So instead of playing defense as we pretty much always have, we'd like to take the offensive for once.

[10:46pm] Brooklyn666: yea obviously

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: I do think we need a better picture of who will be coming in on which side

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: The other side is tough because they're messy

[10:47pm] Brooklyn666: before any solid strategic planning can take place

[10:47pm] Roy_Mustang: UPN, internally, is a trainwreck

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: that's not exactly a bad thing for us

[10:48pm] Roy_Mustang: no idea if they'll come in or not. I do know that the t$-UPN ODP is most likely dead because of Hans and Saru though

[10:48pm] Brooklyn666: although it does make them unpredictable

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: Rose does not desire to be a part of the next war

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: but I can't see a scenario where Alpha is struck and they don't come in

[10:49pm] Roy_Mustang: at least without completely destroying that relationship

[10:51pm] Roy_Mustang: VE can be safely counted alongside Alpha

[10:52pm] Roy_Mustang: if for no other reason than because they have no realistic other option (basically Rose's situation, except they haven't already said they want to stay out of a next war)

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: I have mixed feelings about Rose getting in on this

[10:52pm] Brooklyn666: on one had, less mess to fight. On the other, them sitting out let's them grow while everyone else gets pummeled

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: I mean, if that's a huge concern, we could always preempt them alongside Alpha

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: the problem there is that it would virtually ensure a UPN entry

[10:53pm] Roy_Mustang: since that's a direct tie

[10:53pm] Brooklyn666: yea that's why I said mixed feelings

[10:56pm] Roy_Mustang: We've got Jess running numbers now to figure out how best to handle it

[10:57pm] Roy_Mustang: provisionally, we'd likely see Mensa in on NPO should that be necessary. We're not planning to hit them however

[10:57pm] Brooklyn666: I'm not sure NPO would jump in

[10:58pm] Roy_Mustang: We'd be seeing you guys and Guardian on Fark and Sparta, optimally (but again, still waiting on numbers). The irony of Guardian fighting Sparta is not lost on me, either

[11:01pm] Roy_Mustang: I certainly know that this potentially puts you guys in a tough spot, since Alpha and Sparta had previously reached out to you guys for a treaty

[11:01pm] Brooklyn666: we have an ODP with Sparta

[11:01pm] Brooklyn666: but nothing with Alpha. That's dead in the water as far as I'm concerned

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: I was referring to the pseudo-bloc thing

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: but yeah, I had forgotten about the ODP

[11:02pm] Roy_Mustang: Will need to swap things around

[11:05pm] Roy_Mustang: If we assume Alpha/Sparta/VE/UPN in the enemy coalition, initial thoughts?

[11:06pm] Brooklyn666: where does BK fit in?

[11:06pm] Brooklyn666: obviously we can't hit Sparta or NPO if they join in but otherwise we're fine

[11:07pm] Roy_Mustang: BK and tC on VE most likely, but we'll need to jump things around a bit

[11:08pm] Roy_Mustang: the most logical is probably having you guys come in alongside us actually, but I need to do more spreadsheet math first

[11:08pm] Roy_Mustang: just wanted to take your temperature on it first

[11:09pm] Brooklyn666: I mean it looks good to me but make sure Val is up to speed too

[11:09pm] Roy_Mustang: yeah definitely

[11:10pm] Brooklyn666: and let us know when you have preliminary numbers

[11:10pm] Brooklyn666: maybe run a few scenanrios to see options for if Rose and/or NPO come in

[11:10pm] Roy_Mustang: will do, we should have them tomorrow at the latest

edit: pastin linky too: http://pastebin.com/8EtMutDn

tumblr_lkbqtkyF0B1qhlp12.gif

tl;dr

This is very small

Nor have any of you answered my question. Does the syndicate intend to attack Alpha's allies? It's a simple yes or no question that the FA of T$ should be more than capable of answering in a single post. A single post would make everything that Placentia said at the beginning of this thread irrelevant and you can go on to continue accusing Alpha of doing stuff.

Have you not read the logs? We aim to eliminate the threat :3 Is there anything threatening in Alpha?

Lxr4VfE.png

A few interesting observations... Caecus talks like he is Alpha gov and is making demands and offers on behalf of his alliance. Yet he doesn't appear to even be in the gov, let alone authorized to speak on its behalf. Amusingly, he can't even get his leaders name right - he repeats his misspelling in multiple posts, as if he is pasting it in because he can't think through writing it down again (even wrong!). 

Moreau, a shit-stirring shit-poster, is apparently the tip of the Rose propaganda spear... Working on behalf of his alliance, one would assume, to pour heat into this situation. Perhaps Rose wants to see Alpha get squashed? If I were Alpha, I would question the loyalty of supposed "allies" who are so eager to see my team be attacked by a more powerful and overwhelmingly more skilled opponent.

• Upvote 3

Do you have a TD;LR version? You guys always do. And it is a yes or no answer as to whether or not you want to attack Alpha or her allies. 

I don't see why this needs a long-winded, formal rebuttal. Placentia points out that there are logs showing that TS may have hostile intent towards our allies. I don't know why you guys would feel offended by that. That is what this thread is about, despite what other people are trying to turn this into. This thread is about TS potentially attacking allies of Alpha. 

No TL;DRs this time. Why? Because you'll seize on that one line and run around like a below intelligence puppy with a chew toy and ignore literally everything else in the post. We know this because we have seen it happen before (not by you specifically, but from your leadership). 

So you'll forgive us if we pass on providing a handy little snippet to be removed from context entirely. No, we're going to clearly and systematically demonstrate precisely how full of shit your leader has been both here in this thread and over the past 4 months. 

• Upvote 2

Moreau, a shit-stirring shit-poster, is apparently the tip of the Rose propaganda spear... Working on behalf of his alliance, one would assume, to pour heat into this situation. Perhaps Rose wants to see Alpha get squashed? If I were Alpha, I would question the loyalty of supposed "allies" who are so eager to see my team be attacked by a more powerful and overwhelmingly more skilled opponent.

You go me all wrong, kiddo.

I speak from the heart. <3

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

No TL;DRs this time. Why? Because you'll seize on that one line and run around like a below intelligence puppy with a chew toy and ignore literally everything else in the post. We know this because we have seen it happen before (not by you specifically, but from your leadership). 

So you'll forgive us if we pass on providing a handy little snippet to be removed from context entirely. No, we're going to clearly and systematically demonstrate precisely how full of shit your leader has been both here in this thread and over the past 4 months. 

Oh, then it's simple. Provide the context. Just say "TS doesn't intend to attack Alpha or Alpha's allies. Period." 

I don't see why that is so hard and so painful to admit, unless TS does intend to attack Alpha's allies (in which case, yeah, your statement would be a recognition that you lied on the public forum, and we would probably mention that). 

You sound more and more like a bully every time you post. Keep it up.

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Nor have any of you answered my question. Does the syndicate intend to attack Alpha's allies?

Up to this point I have been voicing my opinion as a mere nation leader. But now I will speak as a government official of The Syndicate, to say that I can assure you we have no intention to attack any of Alpha's allies, unless us or our allies get attacked first.

Edited by Ivan the Red
  • Upvote 1

Up to this point I have been voicing my opinion as a mere nation leader. But now I will speak as a government official of The Syndicate, to say that I can assure you we have no intention to attack any of Alpha's allies.

Thank you for the clarification. 

Relationship problems with tS-Alpha again.

They don't even care if they are going in circles, it's their plan to reach 20 pages easily.

It's not even that though, what people are supposed to be swayed by this?  What otherwise neutral parties will sally to Alpha's roll Syndicate coalition due to what amounts to the strategic spitballing of every defensive coalition ever?

Why bother?  Who honestly believes that this is an awkward stumble into conflict?

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif

Your use of the word "nor" implies I've forgotten to do at least two things but you're asking me to answer a single question.... which one?

Damn, like there were some pretty stupid posts in this thread but this one takes the cake. Your defense is a fundamental misunderstanding of the English language?

Neither Partisan nor Moreau answered the question that was asked of them. It is both grammatically and colloquially correct.

Edited by Hodor