~Something Latin~

Caillou

@Syrup Been there, done that. The shit we've done is amazing, the shit we've gotten other people to swallow needs to be seen to be believed. No matter what happens, you're doing this in a game of 4000 live accounts and can't be compared to someone doing this in a game of 20,000 active accounts,

@ Buorhann: I respected your fighting spirit until you broke, I respected SK until they managed to extract a nominal reps condition from Impero. At the end of the day, though, you are lucky you have tS on your side to provide spine and brains; without them you'd be butt-monkeys.

How are we not the underdogs in this situation? While already fighting a war against Arrgh/Vanguard, we were attacked by the 2 of the largest alliances in the game. Our continued success has been entirely through teamwork, coordination, and concentrated strikes to disable airforce.

Our aura of underdogginess spreads to all our allies. Sorry!

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

@ Buorhann: I respected your fighting spirit until you broke, I respected SK until they managed to extract a nominal reps condition from Impero. At the end of the day, though, you are lucky you have tS on your side to provide spine and brains; without them you'd be butt-monkeys.

Granted tS does a shit ton for us, I doubt we'll be just "butt-monkeys".

If you haven't noticed, Mensa warring has slowly been shaping the community.  Some alliances learn faster than others.

• Downvote 1

For amusement's sake, though. Let's say, next war tS decides to ditch the Mensa-bloc faction. tEst and Guardian are in decline; Mensa is relatively stagnant, with membership staying around a certain level. SK seems to be doing fine, but on the other hand Mensa-bloc has an upper-tier superiority that tS might covet.

The option, then, is for tS to link up with tC. It's a diagonal link-up; and potentially UPN, as a 160k score force, as well as a mass alliance, could be more potent in the long-run than SK + Mensa.

The main problem with this, though, is that tC is unreliable, and Mensa is highly reliable. It could be worth it for shiggles, but as I mentioned in the other thread, this represents overreach and could easily backfire in the long-term.

tl;dr: this entire post presupposes things that won't happen

Granted tS does a shit ton for us, I doubt we'll be just "butt-monkeys".

If you haven't noticed, Mensa warring has slowly been shaping the community.  Some alliances learn faster than others.

Well, you've always been challenged at reading comprehension, even for a hippo. Good night.

Edited by Inst

I'm pretty sure anyone who thinks we dog-piled Rose forgot that Rose started it :) If you ask to be dog-piled, we're not going to say no.

And don't even play the honor game. Just ask Vanguard how honorable of an ally you are. tS is just about as honorable as you can get in this shithole called the top 10.

much love from TKR 😘

Edited by Piratemonkey

As a new player, it's difficult for me to look at this situation and see anyone except Mensa HQ as the underdog.

A bulldog, yes, but an underdog all the same.

I keep seeing all these DoWs against Mensa HQ, led by Rose, the third largest alliance in the game, while Mensa HQ isn't even in the Top 10.

Am I missing something or is that about right?

I'm also partial to rooting for the underdog.

• Upvote 1

Well, we are normally a Top 10 Alliance.  Score loss from Arrgh, Vanguard, Rose, VE...  and I think that's it, dropped us out of the Top 10.

All the others that have declared haven't really done much.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

As a new player, it's difficult for me to look at this situation and see anyone except Mensa HQ as the underdog.

I keep seeing all these DoWs against Mensa HQ, led by Rose, the third largest alliance in the game, while Mensa HQ isn't even in the Top 10.

It's like Rome vs Gauls in Asterix. Rose and pals always have much higher resources, score and military, but they get beaten every time because of lack of coordination, tactics and experience. And of course, lack of faith in God Emperor Dio Brando.

77oKn5K.png

Well, we are normally a Top 10 Alliance.  Score loss from Arrgh, Vanguard, Rose, VE...  and I think that's it, dropped us out of the Top 10.

Still though, the fact that we're not top 10 due to the many fronts we're warring adds to underdog status, in this specific scenario. I'm biased of course, though.

As an aside, I find it amusing that Arrgh is currently giving us more trouble than Rose in terms of difficulty-to-deal-with.

Edited by Syrup
  • Upvote 1

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Don't believe what you see on the surface. Mensa is not an underdog.

https://i.imgur.com/Jg0gWBo.mp4

You're actually reading this?

"Trade-ever trade and the increasing of their fortunes- seems to have occupied their minds above all else."[/center]

Ah, okay, thanks for explaining. I thought maybe I saw you guys in there at some point, but didn't see you upon double-checking today.

I know TLF declared war on Mensa HQ, too, but they're about to have snakes on their plane, so you could probably afford to take that one lightly.

It's like Rome vs Gauls in Asterix. Rose and pals always have much higher resources, score and military, but they get beaten every time because of lack of coordination, tactics and experience. And of course, lack of faith in God Emperor Dio Brando.

Well, that would do it. Thanks. ^_^

Still though, the fact that we're not top 10 due to the many fronts we're warring adds to underdog status, in this specific scenario. I'm biased of course, though.

As an aside, I find it amusing that Arrgh is currently giving us more trouble than Rose in terms of difficulty-to-deal-with.

I agree, it definitely adds to your underdog status, as an alliance, in this particular Orbis Wide War.

Don't believe what you see on the surface. Mensa is not an underdog.

So... you're saying they're actually more powerful than Rose and all its allies combined?

Edited by AstraKatG

Statistically we are underdogs and I wouldn't like it any other way. Rose's methods to reach the top are truly pathetic... including the latest Goebbels propaganda about us being bad, them good, and their fail "Blitzkrieg".

You're a great addition to the game and if you need any help feel free to message me. Have fun. :)

I know TLF declared war on Mensa HQ, too, but they're about to have snakes on their plane, so you could probably afford to take that one lightly.

Isn't that the alliance that only opened up 8 battles on us when we had 66 slots available after their declaration of war?   :blink:

• Downvote 1

It's like Rome vs Gauls in Asterix.

You have Getafix's special potion?

THE Definitive James:

KastorCultist, Co-leading Roz Wei Empyrea The Wei, former TGH warrior, Assassin, and a few more. Player of this game for more time than I want to think about...

infernalsig.png.492fbaaf465234c6d9cf76f12f038d04.png

Statistically we are underdogs and I wouldn't like it any other way. Rose's methods to reach the top are truly pathetic... including the latest Goebbels propaganda about us being bad, them good, and their fail "Blitzkrieg".

You're a great addition to the game and if you need any help feel free to message me. Have fun.  :)

Hehe, okay and thanks! It's a fun little game so far.  :)

Isn't that the alliance that only opened up 8 battles on us when we had 66 slots available after their declaration of war?   :blink:

Did they really? Lol, well, they're really close to me on the map, so I shouldn't say anything further. *scampers off*

:nyan:

No. I'm saying what I said. They're not an underdog. 

Mmm-kay, then. =^__^=

Edited by AstraKatG

I disagree. Every post from a $yndicate member is like a kiss from an angel.

To your credit, you and Roy did provide interesting debate that actually mattered. All else (including my posting, a kiss from a Rose :P) is simply jokes and trolling. Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1