~Something Latin~

Caillou

Last time we talked you had problems with t$. I have no problems with Rose and once considered building relations with Rose when I was in charge of InGen's FA, however I respected t$ more considering they showed me respect at the start of the inception of Ingen and actively talked with me and even informed us of possible attacks on us when they had no obligations to us before the treaty.

Don't say your only problem is with Mensa when you told me otherwise.

Well would you look at that. Confirmation of our suspicions.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

You refused all diplomatic attempts at peace, you knew we would get involved, because our word actually matters. Spare me the bs, if you had no problems with us we wouldn't be fighting now.

Lets not forget tS was the one who declared war on Rose in this war, not the other way round.

Edited by Isolatar

No, I am suggesting that I am proud of the turnup of my members, and their ability to properly execute an offensive. This in direct reply to a question posed by Mike. You are jumping on it because frankly, your perceived grievances against t$ have overtaken your rationale lately. I would kindly refer you to our last query before you struck us, where you instead of working with t$ to solve the situation, you threw a bunch of accusations our way.

Now, I am well aware that this was a dogpile. I'm also aware that you have allies waiting to counter us and that our respite is temporary. It matters not. We burn together. 

Now, i've taken a rather mild tone towards you on these forums thusfar, with respect to our allies in Alpha and Rose both, opting to generally refrain from commenting negatively towards you. Are you intent on not only forcing war upon us, but turning it into a bitter one at that? By all means, continue turning a party that was relatively neutral to you into a rival.

If that was what you meant then say it as such. I'm jumping on it because he is a young member of the alliance I lead and being talked down to by the people attacking us, and in regards to "grievances against t$" I just explicitly said I have no problem with t$. That query was a bit late considering it was the day we were going to be attacking, but also after you had rejected us from an NAP renewal we requested about two weeks ago, in addition to all of that the conflict between Mensa and Vanguard was not even close to being resolved. 

Last time we talked you had problems with t$. I have no problems with Rose and once considered building relations with Rose when I was in charge of InGen's FA, however I respected t$ more considering they showed me respect at the start of the inception of Ingen and actively talked with me and even informed us of possible attacks on us when they had no obligations to us before the treaty.

Don't say your only problem is with Mensa when you told me otherwise.

Remind me how long ago that was? I don't recall having a private discussion with you even one time in at least the last couple of months. If my issue was with tS I would have hit them, this entire war is a result of Mensa's shenanigans. 

You refused all diplomatic attempts at peace, you knew we would get involved, because our word actually matters. Spare me the bs, if you had no problems with us we wouldn't be fighting now.

I'm sure you weren't told that we requested a renewal on that NAP we had about two weeks ago. Or that we were actually the one's who suggested it for the first time. Or that Abbas gave Tim a heads up of rogues hitting one of your allies. 

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Lets not forget tS was the one who declared war on Rose in this war, not the other way round.

Correct. Our ally was attacked. Therefore, we are forced to defend. This war known prior to Rose's attack on Mensa. We communicated that clearly. We attempted to mediate. Rose decided to go on the offensive. It is their good right, but spare me any bullshit about this somehow being t$' fault.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

If that was what you meant then say it as such. I'm jumping on it because he is a young member of the alliance I lead and being talked down to by the people attacking us, and in regards to "grievances against t$" I just explicitly said I have no problem with t$. That query was a bit late considering it was the day we were going to be attacking, but also after you had rejected us from an NAP renewal we requested about two weeks ago, in addition to all of that the conflict between Mensa and Vanguard was not even close to being resolved.

Remind me how long ago that was? I don't recall having a private discussion with you even one time in at least the last couple of months. If my issue was with tS I would have hit them, this entire war is a result of Mensa's shenanigans.

I'm sure you weren't told that we requested a renewal on that NAP we had about two weeks ago. Or that we were actually the one's who suggested it for the first time. Or that Abbas gave Tim a heads up of rogues hitting one of your allies.

Lol, and that doesn't change the fact you still had no respect for t$. You still do not. The only reason you wanted to renew the NAP was to keep t$ from activating their mandatory obligation to defend Mensa. Edited by Olivier Mira

PoJQyFJ.gif

Correct. Our ally was attacked. Therefore, we are forced to defend. This war known prior to Rose's attack on Mensa. We communicated that clearly. We attempted to mediate. Rose decided to go on the offensive. It is their good right, but spare me any bullshit about this somehow being t$' fault.

Except that's not what I'm doing. If a random person read the quote below, their first impressions would be that Rose attacked tS. They didn't. Rose attacked Mensa.

Nah, they were told about that. They were also told why we didn't renew it (because it had served its purpose of averting a holiday war). Any other motives you ascribe to that are your problem (and possibly your projection). 

EDIT: But please continue assuming we lie to our membership at every turn. I'll just take an educated guess at your internal strategy...

Edited by Roy Mustang

However this turns out, this was a poorly executed blitz.

You can always join us at low infra Rose and updeclare, except maybe those who whaled themselves out of range. #teamwork

The next week or so should be interesting anyway however this goes.

Let me see:

My bad. I somehow overlooked your seniority. My apologies  :)

Truly, this is me talking down to your member, and not an honest misread of his seniority (and therefore knowledge). You are jumping on this because you thought you saw an opportunity for spin and PR. It backfired miserably as it's based on nothing.

As for the rest of your claims, do you really, really want to go public? Jesus Pub. I'd hoped we wouldn't have to get into this.

The $yndicate has no obligation to treaty you. We signed a 1 month NAP in an effort to counter rumors around the holidays. It expired. We chose not to renew it. Get over it. You do not dictate $yndicate foreign policy and you are not entitled to us signing a NAP so you can feel safe. We had no intent of attacking you and made that clear.We negotiated peace when the TLF issue occurred when we could have done as you did, refused diplomacy and simply struck, taking advantage of both treaty chains and our relative militarization compared to you in the process. We didn't.

You also know full well that I have been gone for a while, which has significantly reduced my diplomatic outreach. The moment I came back (which was in the middle of the TLF issue) I began reaching out to Abbas, given that you were generally unreachable. I requested your presence on multiple occasions via your government, and only managed to catch you once or twice. I have worked with you and yours wherever possible and you know this. A solution was not reached because you lads refused to enter into real negotiations. We offered a solution, ran into a wall of animosity on your end, and were told no.

While abbas was more talkative, he too did not offer any solutions beyond 'let us roll your allies' and 'you guys stay out'. That's not diplomacy. That's not negotiation. That's doing whatever you damn please without regard for the implications of the matter. You did not look for compromise or middle ground. It was your way or the highway. And because of that, you only pushed us further towards defending our ally, with whom we hold an MD+ treaty and are therefore obligated to defend.

Spare me your accusations and your outrage. You and you alone perpetrated this situation over the past week while we sat around ready to talk and work out a solution.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

It's hard to really believe that Pubs is !@#$ about losing a "dogpile." Rose and Paragon's newest puppy sidekick declare a war and are spectacularly incompetent as always, and in an utterly predictable and unsurprising development the allies of their target responded. If you are being "overwhelmed" by all these smaller alliances protecting eachother as they have promised to do, its only because you seriously can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. 

Edited by Avruch

Rose could've won this if they had just not attacked at all, honestly.  Could've used the massive built nations as a distraction while watching Arrgh/Vanguard/PP fight Mensa's lower tier.

Plus, you guys sat on building up for over a week.  I would expect diplomacy and intrigue going on behind the doors.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Rose could've won this if they had just not attacked at all, honestly.  Could've used the massive built nations as a distraction while watching Arrgh/Vanguard/PP fight Mensa's lower tier.

Plus, you guys sat on building up for over a week.  I would expect diplomacy and intrigue going on behind the doors.

Pretty much this, exactly.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

that's what I don't understand about all this &#33;@#&#036;ing and moaning about a dogpile right after they declared. t$ has been on high alert ready for Rose to stirke for nearly two weeks now. It became painfully obvious when the attack was coming

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

I find it funny how its t$ fault for being prepared and honoring their obligations.

Rose you could of played this smart. I'm actually surprised you didn't. An alliance as old and experience in the PnW world shouldn't be this incompetent

• Upvote 2

PoJQyFJ.gif

I find it funny how its t$ fault for being prepared and honoring their obligations.

Rose you could of played this smart. I'm actually surprised you didn't. An alliance as old and experience in the PnW world shouldn't be this incompetent

^^^^ Partisan's puppet confirmed

• Upvote 1